When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Options to play MB:AA on PS2  (Read 2516 times)

Offline Tony Shiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Backdash x ∞
    • View Profile
Options to play MB:AA on PS2
« on: March 05, 2011, 05:45:05 AM »
I am currently trying to mod my PS2 to play Melty on, I have two models available:

A SCPH-30001 Fat PS2 and A SCPH-90001 Slim.

If anyone has any way to mod them, I am willing to pay because I am tired of playing on the laggy emulator  :D. I can do meet ups if you are in New Jersey as well.

The safe word is "Counter!!".
"I don't like how now a days you have to pay 60 dollars to play a fighting game beta"- Zaelar

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Re: Options to play MB:AA on PS2
« Reply #1 on: March 05, 2011, 06:35:43 PM »
I am currently trying to mod my PS2 to play Melty on, I have two models available:

If anyone has any way to mod them, I am willing to pay because I am tired of playing on the laggy emulator  :D. I can do meet ups if you are in New Jersey as well.

If you have a spare ps2 memory card, the easiest way to is mod the memcard.  The mod requires about 1/3 - 1/2 of the space of a standard ps2 memcard, and it can still be used afterwards to store save data as usual.  Memcard mod works with both the fat and slim models, and requires no hardware modification.  Get in touch with any of your fellow Jersey players and they should be able to hook you up easy.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2011, 06:48:21 PM »

If you have a spare ps2 memory card, the easiest way to is mod the memcard.  The mod requires about 1/3 - 1/2 of the space of a standard ps2 memcard, and it can still be used afterwards to store save data as usual.  Memcard mod works with both the fat and slim models, and requires no hardware modification.  Get in touch with any of your fellow Jersey players and they should be able to hook you up easy.

If it's just that, could someone hook me up whenever I end up going to a tourney next.

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2011, 07:34:53 PM »
Alternately, if anyone wants to mail me the memcard and an extra prepaid return envelope, I will happily mod any ps2 memory cards promptly.  PM for mailing address.

The process is incredibly simple though, so any tourney you go to should have someone with the capability to mod a card for you.  Just to be sure though, posting in the appropriate regional thread, a thread for an upcoming tourney, or asking on IRC is probably the best way to get in contact with people.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline Tony Shiki

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Backdash x ∞
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 05, 2011, 07:55:01 PM »
Will the memcard mod work for the slim 90001 model? I heard that doing that no longer works for the latest models.
The safe word is "Counter!!".
"I don't like how now a days you have to pay 60 dollars to play a fighting game beta"- Zaelar

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 05, 2011, 08:27:03 PM »
Will the memcard mod work for the slim 90001 model? I heard that doing that no longer works for the latest models.

Memcard didn't work for mine, I needed to buy a swap disc.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 09, 2011, 04:41:44 PM »
Ah right, I forgot about that.  One of my friends who has a silver slim, forgot which model number, the memcard mod wouldn't work on.  It'll 100% work on the fat model though.
---