When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: PS3 controller help..  (Read 6115 times)

Offline MyvTeddy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
PS3 controller help..
« on: March 10, 2008, 12:14:08 PM »
Hey all.

Appearenlty Im using a PS3 controller for melty blood act cadenza on PC, but some of the buttons dont work. Think anyone can help me with this?

Melty blood doesnt support PS3 controller actually but Im using xpadder to map some buttons on the controller as keyboard input (square is M, etc) and place buttons I dont use on L1, L3, R3, etc. The control scheme is fine on ReAct...but since QuickAction is now in Act Cadenza, every button I dont use is already filled and have to use one of the dpad buttons as quick action or so but thats interfering my gameplay :\ wish QuickAction had the option of do not use like for A+D and A+B+C.

The buttons that can be used is any of the 4 dpad buttons, L3, R3 (when the sticks are pressed) Select, Start, L2 and R2. R1, L1, triangle, x, o, square are the only buttons that cant be used :\

I also need help on grabbing in the air ^^;;
« Last Edit: March 10, 2008, 12:18:29 PM by MyvTeddy »

Offline BANGER

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 controller help..
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2008, 08:06:59 PM »
Heyas. First post here.

I used to have the same situation. What I did was use Joy2Key to assign keyboard keys onto the PS3's buttons.
As for the GAME'S DEFAULT KEYS interfering, what I do is plug in the controller after starting MBAC (specifically at the config intro screen). That way, the game doesn't recognize the controller while Windows does, and therefore only Joy2Key's key assignments will affect the controls. The game will think you're playing on a keyboard when in fact you're using keyboard keys assigned on controller buttons.

Hope this helps ya mate.

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2008, 08:54:32 PM »
Heyas. First post here.

I used to have the same situation. What I did was use Joy2Key to assign keyboard keys onto the PS3's buttons.
As for the GAME'S DEFAULT KEYS interfering, what I do is plug in the controller after starting MBAC (specifically at the config intro screen). That way, the game doesn't recognize the controller while Windows does, and therefore only Joy2Key's key assignments will affect the controls. The game will think you're playing on a keyboard when in fact you're using keyboard keys assigned on controller buttons.

Hope this helps ya mate.

Woah thanks. This'll help me with playing Rosenkreuzstiletlenjjeljfljeljheheiheidlehfeihnan a with my VSHG. Those darn default keys..

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2008, 01:13:58 AM »
Hey all.

Appearenlty Im using a PS3 controller for melty blood act cadenza on PC, but some of the buttons dont work. Think anyone can help me with this?

Melty blood doesnt support PS3 controller actually but Im using xpadder to map some buttons on the controller as keyboard input (square is M, etc) and place buttons I dont use on L1, L3, R3, etc. The control scheme is fine on ReAct...but since QuickAction is now in Act Cadenza, every button I dont use is already filled and have to use one of the dpad buttons as quick action or so but thats interfering my gameplay :\ wish QuickAction had the option of do not use like for A+D and A+B+C.

The buttons that can be used is any of the 4 dpad buttons, L3, R3 (when the sticks are pressed) Select, Start, L2 and R2. R1, L1, triangle, x, o, square are the only buttons that cant be used :\

I also need help on grabbing in the air ^^;;

Uh, I use a PS2 pad. The macro commands are A+D, A+B+C, A+B, and quick action. You have 4 shoulder buttons.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline MyvTeddy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2008, 01:41:48 PM »
@Banger:

That helped alot banger, thanks alot.

@Sabator
there is 4 buttons but 2 of them can only be used appearently and thats L2 and R2

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2008, 03:47:13 PM »
assign quick action to r2 or l2

disable the rest(they will be assigned to d-pad anyways when you stick quick onto l2 or r2)

problem solved

IIRC you can't use the macros anyways in tourney play, only the quick action one

quick will give you, grab macro, heat macro, and dodge macro
if you still need the dash/iad macro then assign it to the other shoulder button

EDIT: wait wtf you can't use ex, circle, triangle, or square????
« Last Edit: March 11, 2008, 03:48:54 PM by Twinniss »
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline MyvTeddy

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: March 11, 2008, 06:55:58 PM »
Macros as in the ones that has the box of "Do not use" in the config box?

I didnt know about quick action like that...

I just needed a throw button on the triggers.

<---- Total scrub and new to Melty Blood anyway.

No the X, tri, circle and square buttons dont register on MBAC : ( doesnt register R1,L1 either.

Thanks everyone x3

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 01, 2008, 04:42:41 PM »
sorry if this is major late, but i thought i might as well post in case others are having problems as well

solution:
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45209

it should work okay after that
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"