hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: PS3 -> PC arcade stick question  (Read 1705 times)

Offline jayshwan

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
PS3 -> PC arcade stick question
« on: September 10, 2009, 07:21:55 PM »
Hi, so i have a ps3 arcade stick and i was wondering if i could use it for my pc so i could play MB.
So far I am not having any luck with it. My computer recognizes that I have a ps3 controller plugged it, but none of the buttons/controller function.
When I installed the ps3 sixaxis on my computer, the buttons would register but it wouldn't register the controller movement. Instead it would register the controller movements as buttons.

So do you guys know any solutions that would help or is my controller simply not compatible for my PC?

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
Re: PS3 -> PC arcade stick question
« Reply #1 on: September 10, 2009, 08:26:53 PM »
You need a driver. A simple google search yields this site: http://news.filefront.com/how-to-use-a-ps3-controller-on-a-pc/

It's a pain to use it on MBAC since the built-in controller settings use inputs 1-14 or something and the inputs for the sixaxis are higher than that, so you'd need to use JoyToKey, and it gets kinda messy. However, the emulator people use for MBAA allows you to set which buttons are mapped to what in the emulator, so it works perfectly fine. My friend used my PS3 Dualshock3 for the PC emulated MBAA, and it works great. I would assume the PS3 stick would function in the same fashion, although I haven't tried it myself. You just need to run the DOS-looking .exe every time you want to start up the PS3 controller (and then push the PS button as if you were playing PS3), otherwise the inputs won't be recognized.

Also it was kind of funny that the PS3 controller being used upstairs turned on the PS3 downstairs wirelessly, so you might want to turn the switch off on your PS3 while using it... :prinny:

Offline Shiawase

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2010, 08:58:30 AM »
Thanks for the link and the information. Would that driver work for my PS3 MadCatz Street Fighter IV stick? So far it isn't working but I might have done something wrong.

Offline Jay

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2010, 05:33:14 PM »
If it's not working for you, then it's probably an issue with your chipset.

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=175047

Should answer your questions.