When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Recording video from ps2  (Read 1361 times)

Offline LoliSauce

• Righteous Pedo
  • Magic Circuits: 120
  • Dandy Girl
    • View Profile
Recording video from ps2
« on: December 02, 2009, 10:44:22 PM »
Yo, what do I need to get so I can start recording good video?

I wanna get on that shit, but I'm completely oblivious as to what hardware (and software?) that I'll need to get to start recording live feed.
<LoliSauce>   Yeah, so I live right in between an elementary school and a middle school about a block on each side of me
<Zar>      God loves you, Lolisauce
---
<Mauve>      [The Touhou fandom] are like the moe character equivalent of furries.

Offline COD3player

• Camouflaged Curry
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • H.A.T.R.
    • View Profile
Re: Recording video from ps2
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2009, 11:42:17 PM »
For some of my recent videos, I've used an EasyCap USB 2.0 capture device. It's a relatively affordable piece of equipment (~$11) and it's ridiculously easy to use. The biggest downfall is that you can't hear the sound while your playing (with my current setup at least) so it's not so good for recording match videos but there are probably ways around this. You can hear the sound in the clips that you record during playback though. I've just been using it to record combo clips so far.
« Last Edit: December 02, 2009, 11:45:15 PM by Azure Macabre »
<--- "the irony of being one of the least anime people in the anime FGC" - bell

Offline Rei

• America's Worst Ryougi
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 309
  • <3
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 03, 2009, 06:10:21 PM »
I use 3 female to 2 female RCA splitter, 2 RCA cables and a Dazzle to do mine. Plug the PS2 RCA cable into the splitters, plug one RCA cable from one side of each splitter into the TV and the other cable into the dazzle, which the dazzle connects to a USB port. Any capture card you have comes with software to record with.
<@sibladeko> lack of close buttons is poverty
<@sibladeko> means the police can't use secret elevator codes to save us
<Darcius> poor people not worth savin
<@SilentShinobi> the double down is the black man's lethal kryptonite

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 03, 2009, 08:50:26 PM »
I also use Dazzle about $30, using only a double sided RCA cable that was around $15. If your TV has multiple RCA ports you won't require splitters.

There's a bunch of software you can use, simplest is WMM and I actually prefer it over some like Virtualdub, though I'm testing Sony Vegas now.