When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Replays Desynch  (Read 3474 times)

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Replays Desynch
« on: February 27, 2014, 03:38:19 PM »
I'm creating this so we can discuss and see if we can solve this problem.

To start off, is it an autosave only problem? I never had a broken replay when it was saved manually, what about you?
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
Re: Replays Desynch
« Reply #1 on: February 27, 2014, 05:13:34 PM »
We had the replays set to automatic when it came to Winter Brawl 8 just in case anyone forgot to save before hitting rematch. It seems a lot of the problems we came across were people unplugging their sticks before the save could initiate. That can be fixed by just reminding them but it was something we came across. Also some replays just didn't save, like Match 1 and 2 between Kirah and I. The de-sync in the LK vs Ehrick match was a mystery though. We might just have to set it to manual and be really diligent about it.  :blah:
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 28, 2014, 06:45:52 AM »
So, if we save it manually it's 100% garanted to work? Did anyone ever had a problem with a replay manually saved?

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 28, 2014, 06:55:27 AM »
That's the thing, I'm not sure if manually doing it will 100% of the time work. The next time there is a gathering I go to, I'll give it a shot but I think right now we'll just have to hope and see.
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2014, 01:05:42 PM »
I personally think it might have something to do with playing replays on a system other than the one it was recorded on.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 28, 2014, 01:45:15 PM »
I personally think it might have something to do with playing replays on a system other than the one it was recorded on.
Was there any case where it was broken in one PC and ok in other PC? All the broken replays cases I've seen it was equally broken on all PCs.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 28, 2014, 04:43:09 PM »
In the set of replays from Winter Brawl I only had one desync on me. If anyone else has more than that desync then it could be the case.

I seem to remember cases where replays would play fine on my machine but were messed up on others.