When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Weird, weird issues after rehauling computer  (Read 1807 times)

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Weird, weird issues after rehauling computer
« on: June 23, 2008, 07:22:14 PM »
Well, not really weird so much as inexplicable.

My computer was old and cranky, so I upgraded it with a bunch of new hardware - pretty much everything but the hard drive's been updated.

So far it's been going pretty well (I'm sure you're all interested in a random jerk on the internet's new computer) except for one slight problem. Melty Blood stopped working.

It first pops up with the error "FileExtract Failed-Please restart your Computer!" and then a few seconds later everyone's favorite Program No.6 Error.

Tried rebooting and reinstalling, neither one helped. I'm officially stumped - it was working perfectly before. Any idea why a change in hardware would ruin everything, and how to fix it?

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Weird, weird issues after rehauling computer
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2008, 11:33:51 PM »
Well, not really weird so much as inexplicable.

My computer was old and cranky, so I upgraded it with a bunch of new hardware - pretty much everything but the hard drive's been updated.

So far it's been going pretty well (I'm sure you're all interested in a random jerk on the internet's new computer) except for one slight problem. Melty Blood stopped working.

It first pops up with the error "FileExtract Failed-Please restart your Computer!" and then a few seconds later everyone's favorite Program No.6 Error.

Tried rebooting and reinstalling, neither one helped. I'm officially stumped - it was working perfectly before. Any idea why a change in hardware would ruin everything, and how to fix it?

Leave your MBAC CD/iso in the drive/mounted when attempting to run the game and try again.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Ryanbomber

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: Weird, weird issues after rehauling computer
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2008, 07:41:25 AM »
Leave your MBAC CD/iso in the drive/mounted when attempting to run the game and try again.

Not sure why (maybe I installed the NoCD crack and forgot about it :psyduck: ) but I never needed the CD before now.

That said, I forgot to mention that I had the CD in the drive the entire time I was goofing around with it.