hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Xbox 360 control not workin?  (Read 5492 times)

Offline SUPE12MAN23

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Xbox 360 control not workin?
« on: May 17, 2008, 04:27:08 PM »
For some reason, the hardware installed on the xbox control (wireless with the cord) and for some reason i get
all the time D: any help?

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
Re: Xbox 360 control not workin?
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 05:12:40 PM »
In my experience, cordless 360 controllers tend to have compatibility issues with Melty. And even the regular ones do (the back triggers don't work). I suggest you save 15 bucks and get a native PC USB gamepad.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline scottind

• Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 08:49:37 PM »
1- plug in the controller before you start the MBAC application. make sure your Control Panel gamepad sees the controller (do the tests if you want to).

2- start MBAC.

3- pick Ciel.

4- change your wallpaper

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 09:12:32 PM »
In my experience, cordless 360 controllers tend to have compatibility issues with Melty. And even the regular ones do (the back triggers don't work). I suggest you save 15 bucks and get a native PC USB gamepad.
Actually all the buttons on my 360 controler work, I dont have a wireless one but i do have one wired and the DOA4 stick and they both work perfectly.  i actually have quick action button mapped to a trigger.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 10:10:49 PM »
Well, I have a regular wired 360 pad, and the for some reason Melty never recognizes the back triggers in my pad. And I know for a fact the triggers work since I use it to play at a friend's on his 360, and the buttons respond flawlessly in other games (RE4, DMC3, and several others).
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline SUPE12MAN23

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 10:18:02 PM »
Actually all the buttons on my 360 controler work, I dont have a wireless one but i do have one wired and the DOA4 stick and they both work perfectly.  i actually have quick action button mapped to a trigger.
how did u get it to recognize it? when i go control panel and game controls, its not there. it has the hardware too D:

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 19, 2008, 06:40:11 PM »
I have used xbox 360 controllers before no sweat and by me I mean my friends playing on mine, I dislike pads more than keyboard (PS2 ones that is) 360 pads are like shooting myself.  I would get a PS1 controller and get a pelican adapter or better yet homebrew a stick or just mod a wii one(lol $40 only for like $100 stick).

at the triggers never tried using them you shouldn't need them for melty no A+B combos not handeled by that super button thing, the bumpers worked fine enough for one of Those though

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 22, 2008, 08:16:21 PM »
how did u get it to recognize it? when i go control panel and game controls, its not there. it has the hardware too D:
I didnt do anyhting special, Installed the 360 controller drievrs and it works.  I did have issues with the controller on Re-act but for MBAC everything works fine.  But the trigger buttons show up as  Z axis + and-  inputs on the windows control panel game controler thing not actual buttons.

« Last Edit: May 22, 2008, 08:57:31 PM by Animeruko »

Offline Rayza

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 85
  • Lexus LFA
    • View Profile
    • My Twitter account
« Reply #8 on: May 25, 2008, 11:54:14 PM »
Get XBCD, remap the shit.
Follow me @MisterRayza for updates on my streams.

Offline devilrain

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 20, 2008, 10:17:04 PM »
I'm using the Microsoft gaming receiver for Windows to play Melty with my wireless 360 controller. The D-pad works offline, but it won't respond on netplay. Any solutions?

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2008, 12:28:13 PM »
I'm using the Microsoft gaming receiver for Windows to play Melty with my wireless 360 controller. The D-pad works offline, but it won't respond on netplay. Any solutions?

have you configed it as a pad with melty, and set under the config in caster to pad 1.

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 21, 2008, 12:29:05 PM »
your gonna have to get xpadder then, i don't think XBCD has support for wireless controllers yet.

grab xpadder and change the netplay thing to use keyboard inputs, map your buttons onto the KB
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline devilrain

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 21, 2008, 07:18:15 PM »
your gonna have to get xpadder then, i don't think XBCD has support for wireless controllers yet.

grab xpadder and change the netplay thing to use keyboard inputs, map your buttons onto the KB

Worked like a charm. Much thanks.