hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: xbox 360 -> ps2 :O converter?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline teddyboy

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
xbox 360 -> ps2 :O converter?
« on: June 20, 2010, 05:55:43 AM »
Hello, i recently started playing MBAA, after tracking down a ps2 and a copy of the game. The only problem is that the arcade stick i have for ps2  is no where as good as the ones i have for xbox 360...(i have quite a few from the SF TE series)  So after doing some net research, i see alot of PS2 -> xbox 360 converter. Anyone know if i can go the other way ><? 

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
Re: xbox 360 -> ps2 :O converter?
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2010, 07:26:13 AM »
The 360 controller is a usb controller, right?

*searches* I don't see any adapters for it...

*searches more*

Yeah doesn't look like it. But you could probably mod the controller and stick a ps2 connector on there.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2010, 08:48:47 AM »
The data types are so radically different that you NEED a converter, and I know of none that exist.

Another option, however, is that you have a 360 TE, and piggybacking a Cthulhu board onto those is a commonplace action.  Piggyback a Multiconsole Cthulhu with a PS2 cable off it, and you'd have one stick for both systems, and later could add an Imp to have PS3 and 360 both on the USB side.

http://shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=184787&page=1 Here's an example of what needs to be done.

That tutorial is a bit fast and loose, and a bit scary.  PM me if you have questions.

~M
« Last Edit: June 20, 2010, 08:53:46 AM by motoh »

Offline teddyboy

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2010, 09:01:04 AM »
thx, i guess its time to get my hardware modding going =)

Offline Havoczephyr

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • ⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨⑨
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2010, 10:14:30 AM »
heh, i was having the same problem myself, I had built a Stick for XBOX360 using a 360 Madcatz controller, but since i hardly play Blazblue anymore, I need one to play MBAA. I can't find any adapters anywhere so, I'm just going to take an old PS2 controller and replace the controller inside.

go to http://www.slagcoin.com/joystick/introduction.html if you need any help with it. if there's anything you would ever need to know about arcade sticks, there's your source.
« Last Edit: September 23, 2010, 10:17:43 AM by Havoczephyr »
不思議の国のアリス~

Cirno: I am an air conditioner!