When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Ciel

MBAA : Ciel General Discussion Thread

(1/29) > >>

COD3player:
With the recent MBAA loctest over the past few days, new information has been pouring in. The following information is taken from the MBAA thread:

Ciel:
-Has a new move, looks like Nanaya's 236A/B/C
-Can throw three black keys up into the air
-Seems to have some wierd EX-move that looks like it starts of like her bunker and then adds a few hits
-gets an aerial version of her 623
-airthrow techable
-loses her HEEL OVERHEAD
-loses shield cancel on her 5cc

Thoughts/Impressions:
I wonder if this new move that looks like Nanaya's 236 series replaces her own 236 series. Would this mean that 236C is gone? I wonder because I've always thought it would be removed at some point considering how good it is; a big target for nerfing/removal. Throwing 3 black keys up into the air sounds kinda cool but I wonder how it works, whether she throws them upward at a 45 degree angle, straight up or something. A new EX move that looks like her bunker? Can't really say too much about that. Aerial 623, I wonder if it travels straight just like her ground 623.

Techable air throw sounds like it could hurt her mixup game a bit. Is it air techable or ground techable? Logically I would think it's ground techable just because up until this point there hasn't been an air throw that can be teched in the air, only on the ground. Loss of 4B overhead doesn't sound like too much since I don't really use it anyway. Losing shield cancel after 5CC could hurt her damage output a bit, so I get the feeling we might have to return to MBAC ver.A bnbs, unless the 5CC still retains its special cancellable properties (5CC -> 623B -> air combo) or if it's still possible to link a dashing 5A after the 5CC.

Additional info to be posted as it's revealed. Post your thoughts/impressions.

Rudi:
Gaaah, why?

Looks like they want to balance out the characters and don't want Ciel to be the best player again -__-

Let's just hope for the best, and I have on certain occasions (MBAC Ver.B) connected a 5A after the 5CC without a shield cancel. But it was rare.

COD3player:
Well if Ciel isn't the best character again, I wouldn't really mind too much because I've been playing her forever. Since MBR, MBR: FT, and MBAC PS2. imo I think she had it worst in MBAC ver. A. 236C could be circuit sparked out of iirc, 2B was air blockable, and she relied heavily on rebeats to keep up pressure which killed a lot of her damage potential. In ver. B, it is possible to link 5A after 5CC without the shield cancel and yeah, it's pretty hard.

Rudi:
I doubt they'll limit combo damage especially if each character has styles to choose from (Offense, Defense) and it depends on what style the player picks which will limit his options. I hope they improve her pressure game since it sucks in MBAC Ver.B

Lolly:
its worth noting that alot of the movesets vary from style to style. Most of the information from the gamechariot post was taken from a crescent style Ciel. She still has her heiro moveset, altho its mentioned the EX (air?) version is unconfirmed. It also sounds like she cant jump cancel the first hit of her 5c anymore.

Also, j.214a keeps aerial inertia now (think akiha air ribbons). Could be interesting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version