When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA : Full Moon Ciel Discussion Thread  (Read 34905 times)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA: C/F Ciel Thread (ver.A)
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2009, 09:04:10 AM »
more random F-Ciel notes people won't care about:

IH after air throw
Just what it says- Fcl can Initiative Heat after descending from airthrow. She retains whatever aerial movement that has not been used after. E.g. 2c>4c>jbc>jbc>j22b>airthrow>IH>airdash. A good way to instant regen and strike from above on opponent's wake up. Best method for performing the technique is [6]A+B+C>A+B. For some reason inputting the airdash manually gets terrible results (for me at least).

Fuzzy guard vs Nero/Wara
jC>dj>airdash>jAC

Should the opponent try to crouch guard after the jC, jA will hit them in crouching state then jC will land to combo while still allowing you to continue a ground combo afterward. Best method for stick users to perform the dj>airdash is: jC>676>jAC. It's similar to a ground IAD and in this instance will give you a very low altitude double jump into immediate air dash. One good way to set this up is off a corner otg that ends with 4B>236B. It sets up the perfect timing for a deep sj9C to land meaty.

zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Chie Satonaka

• I wish I wasn´t a white person
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 25
  • STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK! STEAK!
    • View Profile
    • My twitter!
« Reply #26 on: August 26, 2009, 02:54:23 PM »
Brandino's random  thoughts on F-Ciel:

3C/3[C]: After hearing about this replacing her 2CC back when MBAA first came out I was very skeptical and watching vids of F-Ciel's ( or lack of at the time ) only made me even more skeptical. But after testing the move out and figuring out the properties, I'm willing to say this is a great move. It's cancellable on hit or block and 3[C] is cancellable on whiff. You can use this in a similar fashion of the 2CC mixup from C/H moon and do stuff like:

3C/[C]>j.214C <<<<Works mid-screen and corner for ++++++++frames
3C/[C]>j.236A <<<<< Works when you make your opponent scared to poke out and you can use that with the following...
3C/[C]>j.236A xx 63214A/C <<<<<< Great command grab setup for scared opponents and assurance when people try to mash out thanks to the clash frames. (Although command grab only has clash frames for 1 hit so be careful with this)
3C/[C]>j.236A xx throw <<<<<< typical AC style tick throw setup
3[C]>IAD J.B xx .... <<<<< IAD pressure string

3C is also hit confirmable from 3B (one hit) and 5[C].

J.214C: This move along with her command grab pretty much swayed me into playing F-Ciel. This move has a "mid" hitting hitbox (the knife), but the shadow that proceeds it hits low. It gives you tons of ++++++++++++++ frames on block and on hit it puts the opponent in a CH state pretty much giving you a free combo. Using this move during a airstring J.B>J.C>J.B>J.C>j.22C>J.214C gives you a knockdown + oki opotions. What I like to do is use this move after a *blocked* 3C/[C] to start my rushdown .

63214A/B/C: This is the other reason why I wanted to play F-Ciel so bad. A comboable command grab with 1 clash frame (A/C version) and both options give you oki options. Zar posted the options with the C version and as he noted they're pretty straight forward and how the C version has more advantage on knockdown as opposed to her normal throw. You can come up with some weird, gimmicky setups for the command grab (mostly by using them in blockstrings) with the most common being:

4B/[ B ]>63214A/C
3B>63214A/C
5[C]>63214A/C
3C>j.236A xx 63214A/C

The problem with this is that the command grabs only have 1 clash frame (With the B version having 0 ) so you're still suspect to 2AAAAA mashing and it has poor recovery so if you miss this command grab you'll be boarding the pain train.

236A/B: I won't lie. When I first heard of this move I wasn't really all that hype for it. It wasn't till I saw the A version being looped into itself and the damage she got out of it I was getting hype for it. The A version hit's low, the B version hit's "mid" and both versions are EX cancellable on hit, block, or whiff. All versions are safe on block and the B version is JCable.  You can do some pretty nifty blockstrings with these two moves alone with linking them into other specials such as:

236A/B xx 236A/B
236A/B xx 623C
236A/B xx 63214C

214A: I like the new version of 214A. It gives you a untechable launcher just like the 2nd part of Ciel's 5CC in Crescent. You can use it in the same manner it was used in MBAC except now you get even more time to get a high damaging combo. The B and C versions I really haven't used enough to make my own opinion on them.

Overall, I like what they did to this character, but I sort of don't like it. I think she has potential to be very solid as long as you don't try to play her like MBAC ( lololol 2B and mad mixups) and with the new tools she have 3[C]/j.214C/command grabs you'll have to mixup your blockstrings between high and low, making good use of the +frames you get from j.214C, and making your opponent scared to poke out rather than trying to mixup your opponent post airthrow.

I'll give more input on her, but as now I'm lazy. :V
« Last Edit: September 08, 2009, 12:40:53 AM by Azure Macabre »
Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak! Steak!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 27, 2009, 08:56:12 AM »
3C is also hit confirmable from 3B (one hit) and 5[C].
Use enemy STAND/CROUCH (status), ALL GUARD(defense), RANDOM (defense type) to test this...have fun.

J.214C: This move along with her command grab pretty much swayed me into playing F-Ciel. This move has a "mid" hitting hitbox (the knife), but the shadow that proceeds it hits low.
enemy CROUCH, ALL GUARD. Knife hits low and must be crouch guarded. Shadows/Waves hit mid and can be guarded however (ie just keep blocking low). The shadows/waves are also air unblockable and will produce air and ground untechable hit (combo followup if you're on your toes). The knife can be air guarded though.

p.s. Using "[ B ]" in your notations will give you bold text for the remainder of your post lol. I had starting using that shitty "BE" notation to get my point across. I'd really like to use the "american" style indication for charging but don't know how to get around this w/o using spaces.  :-\

Improvement on IH exploit
Command 2: 282>E~E

Note: after 282 you must wait slightly for ciel to leave the ground unlike with command 1. ALSO after the 282 command you MUST be neutral when strumming E~E (282>wait>neutral>E>tap E again).
New Command: 282>5E~C

Above command will still give you sj8>22A>instant jC cancel. The difference now is that you don't have to strum anything. I personally had a lot of trouble with the 5E~E command because I would strum too fast (w/o releasing then pressing the button again) and only one input would be registered. Using 5E~C lets you get around this as you can hold E then hit C and still get C attack. Only problem with this is that if you were holding 2 at any point when hitting E you WILL get a 22C. This does not happen with the 5E~E method and will give you just j22A if you mess up. This is why it's very important to release the lever to 5 briefly then E~C.

**New-NEW Command**
272>5E~C

Just figured out how I was doing this without getting the sj dust animation. This method is a bit more difficult as it requires more accuracy (I could only get it on p1 side  :( ). The input will let Ciel back jump into j22A. This is significant because normal jumps have faster startup than super/high jumps. In other words, the instant jC will be able to execute a few frames faster by jumping back (you barely see a back jump though).

BE4B>214A VS Semi-charge 4B>236A
Stole this from Tsa.

BE4B>214A
Overhead into untechable A knife. Follow into combo for some serious damage (preferably 2c>delay 4c>low flicker>...). This works how overheads normally work lol. Opponent crouch guards and gets owned in the face- simple.

Semi-charge 4B>236A / 4{B}>236A
Here's where the fun starts. Opponent sees 4B startup animation and prepares to high guard anticipating the FULL charge. The 4B executes earlier than it should (opponent still waiting for "spark" cue to correct guard) then gets struck low with 236A. The instant knockdown will allow you to setup an otg 63214C for corner positioning or dash>2a>5a>5b>236a otg for a more damaging variation at midscreen. In the corner however, you can go for an otg into 4B>236B which will produce a better knockdown for no meter. e.g. dash>2a>5a*4>5b>2b>4b>236b

For players with uber defense, cancel BE4B or 4{B} into a command throw instead as Brandino had mentioned in a notation in the post before this one.

3C Combo JUST FOR BRANDINO (no homo)

Because you love that damn 3C so much, here's a combo that I will try to build on (hopefully someone else will too...ok, lemme stop lying cus no one plays this bitch).

Corner
Dash 2a*3>5b>2b>2c>3c>jab>delay jc>land>3c>j22b>djaabc>dj22b>airthrow (was tested vs akiha)

Ikagassu ka~? It's got TWO 3C's! Anyway, cancel first 3c into jab immediately then follow with the absurd delay jc back into 3c. The damage is pretty good but x2 flicker will get more damage in the end (F[uck]Ciel  :emo:). I'll see if it's possible to add more stuff to this later.

« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 12:28:10 PM by Zartacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2009, 06:49:11 AM »
More notes to gloss over:

Yet ANOTHER improvement on IH>JC exploit

Ok, this is IT. The improvement to end all improvements. This command tweak is so buff that you'll have to wire your jaw shut. Here it is:

292>5E~C

It's simply (or not) a super jump forward variation of the others I've mentioned. Why is this so awesome?

Super jump neutral as I've learned recently is actually a bit slower than sj forward. Therefore you'd have to wait longer to ascend to the favorable height for a jC to extend fully. It's still fast but relatively easy to react to.

A jumping back variation as I've mentioned in earlier posts. Normal jump startup allows you to take action a few frames earlier than with super jumping. **In MBAC, normal jumping was universally 4f start up while super jumping varied among the cast. Super jumping overall was considered slower on start up in comparison. For MBAA I think it's safe to say that the same logic applies although the super jump start up numbers may have changed.** The 272 will essentially let you attack sooner with a low jC at the cost of having to put a bit more work in to execution. Another "problem" with the 272 variation is the Ciel will move slightly backward in the air due to the back jump. A combo followup after landing the jC with this variation is still rather easy but positioning will have to be considered when landing as the player may be set a bit further back (depends on how fast the player executes the command before jumping too far back). This method is also wtf fast.

This is the ultimate; the command to shenanigans that ends all shenanigans. 292 is obviously the super jumping forward command but is far superior to aforementioned yucky commands for a few reasons (with the last being most significant):

1) Apparently sj startup for 29 and 28 are not the same as I had expected. After multiple tests (and fuck-ups), I noticed that I was able to cancel and attack much sooner with a forward super jump than with a neutral.

2) Super jumping forward also helped me stay right on top of the target and continue a full combo or longer blockstring after executing the jC. Although this was a bit more difficult to execute than the 282 command, getting such a nice trajectory from the sj9 made me consider training up on it more intensely.

3) So after some more drilling I decided to see how effective it was on wake up (now here's the fun part). I decide to set it up off Acommand throw then dash>292>E~C. Just the look of it alone made me burst into laughter (cus it looks that fucked up). I dummy record it then play it back and I was quite pleased with the results. Crossups in MB can be guarded in either direction and are not "true" crossups as opposed to the ever-popular SF series and the way to get around this was by using double jumps to force the opponent to correct their guard. If F-Ciel were to jump behind you and jC you would would be able to effectively guard in either direction and only have to deal with the followup upon her landing. The 292>5E~C command as a "crossup" IS indeed a genuine crossup as in you MUST correct your guard (opposite to attacker) in order to defend against this. When Ciel super jumps past the target then performs the command she is automatically repositioned in mid-air and turned to the back of the opponent (now facing them). For whatever reason, the game now thinks that Ciel started originally on the opposite side of the opponent and therefore you must guard away from them without being able to rely on an all-purpose guard against crossups. On top of dealing with a real crossup, the defender must also deal with the fact that this command pretty much produces an overhead hit at extremely fast speed (safe to say fastest jumping overhead with exception of fuzzies).

The best ways to set up are by dashing in after either a normal throw (vs characters with slow rising rate), end a combo with A flicker, or 63214A. Dashing in won't necessarily telegraph a crossup either. The option to use the 282 command is still viable and will destroy players that will try to guard the crossup (by walking forward) out of anticipation. Also, if at point blank range and the opponent is crouching, you have to option to slip in a 292 overhead by delaying the 5E~C input just slightly after the sj starts. Even if the opponent manages to stand at the last second, Ciel would have slipped past and the proper guard would have to be made immediately. Lastly, the option to 292 or 282+ABC still remains. As mentioned in an earlier post, this will let you land much sooner for a chance to throw or 2a.

This technique is so clutch and I can see a lot of F-Ciels (lol) stealing rounds with this. I'm kind of surprised all two of Japan's F-Ciels aren't running this already.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 07:16:50 AM by Zartacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2009, 08:20:25 AM »
This is to keep the lurkers busy:

Corner Throw IAD Crossup + Options
Against some characters Ciel can IAD after a throw and cross over into the corner.

O
Hisui
Nero
Satsuki
S.Akiha
Mecha Hisui
Warc
Arc
Akiha
Kouma
Nanaya
T.Shiki
V.Akiha (**must j9 then air dash to force crossup otherwise Ciel will land in front**)
Aoko (**IAD then early jC will force crossup. Not attacking at the earliest possible moment from IAD will result in Ciel landing in front** <thanks to Brandino for this info> )

Options after IAD Crossup
IAD>jC
Simple kick to the back of the head. Expect it to be guarded/evaded often.

IAD>jC>dj2[C]
This is a pretty zany crossup. Opponent must continue to stand guard after the jC crossup. The dj2[C] will crossup again placing Ciel out of the corner (lol).

IAD>jA or jB>Throw
The jA/jB will whiff completely, leaving open the option to land and throw again. This WILL lose to wake up shield due to the expanding hitbox on the shield animation. Remedy this by attacking with jA, jB or jC at the last possible moment so that the landing recovery is mitigated and land>throw becomes available again.

IAD>jC>j2C or j236A
Jump C into either dive. Throw option is available here too or you can land and 2a to counter (there are actually a number of counters to throw-break attempt here but I'll just keep it simple)

(*experimental*) IAD>dj236B
Haven't tested this yet but the intention is to tag wake up forward dash in attempts to evade the crossup jC (This works with another setup I have with 63214A). As of now, a simple Throw>j2C seems to be the best answer to an opponent waking up with forward dash to leave the corner.

Crossup>Fuzzy vs Wara/Nero
Dash>j8C>dj>airdash>jAB or jAC
(Dash>j8C>676>jAB or jAC)
**Assuming you are facing right (P1) when performing this: dash, press up (crossing behind target), jC then right>up-left>right to execute. When you cross behind you do not correct and reverse the directions. This is the best way I could explain it.**

Ciel turns and airdashes toward the back of target with a sort of inverted momentum after crossup jC. The forward airdash in this case ends up replicating dash>jump>airbackdash in appearance :psyduck:. jA will strike high should the opponent try to crouch after crossup jC. Ways to set up are from 236A or 63214A. (This looks really crazy btw)

« Last Edit: September 01, 2009, 08:37:54 AM by Zartacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: September 02, 2009, 07:01:50 AM »
We'll just pretend this isn't here, ok:

63214B>Combo List
Landing a B Command Throw against a cornered opponent will allow a combo opportunity for Ciel. The target doesn't necessary have to be in the immediate corner to land the followup but the player should consider the positioning carefully i.e. Ciel should end up in the corner while the target wall bounces out of the corner.

63214B>JABC>delay J22B>jc>JABC>J22B>Throw

O
Hisui
WLen
MH
S.Aki
VAki
Warc
Roa
Sion
** JABC>delay J22B>jc>JAABC>J22B>Throw (extra JA) can be added on to those listed below
Shiki
Koha
Ryougi
Arc
VSion
Ries
Ciel
Miyako
Kouma
Nanaya
Aoko

vs Len
JAAC>delay J22B>jc>JABC>J22B>Throw

vs Nero/Warachia
Outside of an extremely difficult to land airthrow after B Command Throw (63214B>J4E) it seems impossible to land JA after the wall bound.

vs Neko Arc/NAC
63214B>236A (then flicker loop) or 5C or 4C or 3C or ???
Im convinced that height determines how easy or difficult it will be to combo follow up after 63214B. Because nekos are extremely short, Ciel will throw them much lower into the corner and as a result will create a longer untechable time frame after the wall bound (which potentially leads to crazy combo followups). Where you have Nero & Wara, the tallest characters, being thrown noticeably higher into the corner making even a simple airthrow followup a chore.

**Neko Arc/NAC Bonus!!

(Midscreen/Fullscreen) 63214B>623C>Aerial
That's right, you can throw a cat full screen and follow up with ex Blade Syncher before or just after the wall bound :prinny:.

63214B>Aerial VS Air Throw
63214B>Airthrow

You have the option to sacrifice damage for better positioning and easier followup after the wall bound. Sets up meaty 63214B again on landing or you can mixup by normal dashing in with a meaty poke if you sense a wake up jump.
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 07:05:24 AM by Zartacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA : Full Moon Ciel Discussion Thread
« Reply #31 on: September 19, 2009, 09:15:08 AM »
Instant activation

2[2]E~ABC (heat)

Performs IH instantly. Nor prior attacks whiff or animate. Good way to regen risk free (as opposed to BH activate and other special move IH cancels).

I have some other (good) F-cl shenanigans tucked away in my book but until more ppl show interest, I think I'll just keep it to myself for now. (I may decide to put up a vid for IH>JC though cus it's so retarded).

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2009, 06:42:41 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ei4VDvg-jCg

Every vid I've ever made has been poor. :emo:

Enjoy.

Offline Spidey

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 26
  • No homo
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: September 25, 2009, 12:01:21 AM »
Zar is so gdlk, too bad this is F ciel, but lots of good information!
Soko Darou

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: October 01, 2009, 12:11:19 PM »
New BnB: Do this or else...

2A > 2A *> 2C > 4C > 236A > 5A > 5B > 236A > 5B > 236B > IAD > JC > Land > JAC > jc > JBC > 22B > throw

*2A > 2A > 5B can be used as a starter vs some characters for extra damage. I haven't tested vs every char just yet but adding in the 5B will push too far out against some characters to follow up with the first juggle attempt (5A > 5B > 236A)
* Timing is very simple, no trickiness involved, one action after the other

Advanced BnB: Do this if you think you're NICE

2A > 2A *> 2C > 4C > 236A > 5A > 5B > 236A > 5B > 236B > IAD > JC *> Land > 3C > 22B > jc > JABC > 22B > throw

*2A > 2A > 5B can be used as a starter vs some characters for extra damage. I haven't tested vs every char just yet but adding in the 5B will push too far out against some characters to follow up with the first juggle attempt (5A > 5B > 236A)
*Landing the JC after the 236B>IAD here is crucial for finishing the rest of this combo. JC hits deep then 3C combos immediately upon landing.Cancel 3C into air 22B then jump cancel from there into JA and complete the combo. This variant is still a bit tricky for me. Good luck.
*Probably the highest damage meterless BnB I've come across netting about 5.4k. This is only about a few hundred more damage points than some other variants but has excellent meter build.

(someone donate a dvr plz)
« Last Edit: October 01, 2009, 12:13:33 PM by Zartacus! »

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 17, 2009, 05:00:39 PM »
u gdlk

learning this char atm
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 17, 2009, 07:10:10 PM »
http://transrequests.pbworks.com/F-Ciel+Flicker+Loops

Haha, your combos are hard.

Also,

(someone donate a dvr plz)

BUY AN EASY CAP, ITS $10s
« Last Edit: December 17, 2009, 07:49:43 PM by Curbeh »
They can't get enough of me

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 18, 2009, 12:08:38 PM »
BUY AN EASY CAP, ITS $10s
WHAT?! bullsht...SHOW MEEEEE.

lol

Thanks for translating that info. Your weaboo prowess is too anime for us all. All 3 american F-ciel players/viewers of this page will make use of gdlk info you have provided.

...it's a shame that none of us will be able to actually execute said info. =p

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
They can't get enough of me

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 03, 2010, 03:16:09 PM »
http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm9235477

most hype I've been for a jp F-cl since the Tsa set from last summer. Keep at it Japan, you're getting there.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: March 25, 2010, 12:13:54 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2w4yTHEQ0TA

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hCqF1OOAs0w

1/5 somerheat success rate lol. This dude is still solid though. More comments on his play style when/if I get free time. Wish more players in US ran her so it wouldn't be just me posting in this thread... =(

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: May 24, 2010, 08:40:33 PM »
Dear Best F-CL on WC,

Ries/Kouma only post-Acommand throw mixup:

624A can be a bit hard to land in strings but NOT IN COMBOS! Landing A.ct (A Command Throw) vs kouma or ries will invite either char into a world of hurt. Because these two generally rise the slowest of the mb cast, A.ct allows ciel to set up the most brain-dead of safe jumps on oki due to the timing from when they stand to when ciel is about to land from a jump in.

How to set it up: Land a hit (or A.ct outside of combo).

E.G.

VS KOUMA

...>2c>4c>236a>5a>5b>236a>5b>236a>63214a>hold 9>jc

VS RIES ***ries's downed time is extremely short for whatever reason so the combo hits MUST be reduced to properly otg with A.ct. Generally, you'll want to do one less flicker rep if you decide to go for the A.ct otg.***

...>2c>4c>236a>5AA (or 5AB but this sometimes misses on ries)>236a>63214A>hold 9>jc

IMPORTANT. Be sure to HOLD 9 (foward jump) as ciel is throwing kouma/ries to the opposite side so that you can jump on the FIRST POSSIBLE FRAME. This will allow for you to land a meaty jC (as well as OTHER mixups) upon landing such as:

Standard option
A.ct>j[9]c>bnb
If youre confident that your opponent consistently will fuck up reversals, feel free to blow them up again with a bnb leading back to A.ct...You'll likely be landing the below more often though.

Landing low option
A.ct>j[9]>land>1a or 5b
***1a is an OS that will beat wake up EX reversal attempts as the flash will occur just as you land, negating the 2a input (assuming your opponent reversal timing was perfect/proper).***

Landing throw option
A.ct>j[9]>land>throw
obvious. lose significant advantage and oki using this. However, vs ries, ciel gains a seeklet option after normal throw (I'll explain this in another post possibly).

Anti Bstep
Vs Kouma
A.ct>j[9]c>2b>236b> (IAD>jC>land>jbc>jbc>22b>airthrow)

Vs Ries
A.ct>j[9]c>2c>236b> (IAD>jC>land>jbc>jbc>22b>airthrow)
                          OR   (IAD>jC>land>jbc>delay 22b>hold 9 jabc>22b>airthrow [DOUBLE SOMER COMBO])

How this works: This OS will tag bstep attempts should the opponent try and evade the jC. Kouma (2b)/Ries (2c) will land into the respected attack on bstep recovery. The best part is, if you guessed wrong and they guard the sequence (2b/2c>236b), you're still at +1. If they are hit due to mistimed reversal, ciel can still follow with the iad combo.

Gay-ass Fuzzy Setup
A.ct>j[9]c>land>while ascending j8b>j214c>dodge opponent's irl fistycuffs

Instant j8b (jumping NEUTRAL) is F-cl's fuzzy from a guarded jC. It only works on a handful of chars but is particularly strong vs these two. the proper bnb followup after landing the j214c (shadow snipe) is: j214c>delay 4[ b ]> (2c>4c>236a>... OR 5c>236a>...). Delaying the 4[ b ] for it to hit just as the opponent is about to recover will allow you to get a higher bounce for juggles. 5c>236a>... prorates less but is harder to time for the right height so that 236a doesnt whiff.

**Notes**
This safe jump meaty blows up shield counter attempts and allows you to land and safely guard it. Non-ex reversals let you land and guard safe as well. EX-reversals lose to land>2a. Vs Kouma 22c reversal, using any variation you can throw him after the super flash (you have to see this a bunch of times to learn how to execute it on reaction). Vs activations you can be a douche and learn the j9c~5[d]>5b>... OS (i'm still practicing this).

Sinciely,

ZTB
« Last Edit: May 24, 2010, 09:42:06 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: August 20, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »
Anti-Activation OS using 5[C]

Thought of another one yesterday. So simple, surprised it didn't occur to me sooner  :slowpoke:. It works similar to the Universal anti-activation string:

Jump attack [preferably lvl3 attack]~[D]>land>5B [or crouch attack if you're nice]
e.g. F-ciel - JC~[D]>land>5B

This revision uses 5[C] (silly clash normal) instead and will avoid "counter-measures" (backstep/dodge) which could occur in the above scenario.

Anti-activate w/ 5[C]:

JC>land>5[C]~5B

5[C] must be pressed and held just as ciel lands but before full landing recovery (so pretty much time during hitstop of JC). Strum 5[C] to 5B. In the instance activation does not occur then 5B will execute but if the opponent chose to activate, JC will whiff followed by an immediate landing 5[C] which will ultimately clash with said activation.

Anti-Activation OS #2

Another string exclusive to F-ciel:

2A~5B~5[C]

That's right, strum all three. Not as fast as you may think though but faster than inputting a chain combo. 2A~5B will chain on hit/guard and if strummed correctly, 5[c] will be dropped from the sequence. Should activation occur, 2A will whiff due to activation invulnerability frames, 5B instead will be dropped and 5[C] is executed to force clash with activation.

Training Mode

The best ways to practice these OS's is by setting the dummy to:

Enemy status: Stand
" "    defence: Dodge
" "  def. type: Random

Dodge will emulate the invuln of the activation. 2A will whiff then 5[C] is executed or for OS#1 JC will whiff and 5[C] is executed.

Random setting will have the dummy dodge at random points. This will allow you to test the sequence and most importantly practice confirming in the instance 2A hits/is guarded for OS#2 or if JC hits/is guarded for OS#1
« Last Edit: August 20, 2010, 10:10:39 AM by ZARtacus! »

Offline Relunx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 02, 2010, 03:13:04 AM »
Anyone can tell me a good oki after AAD? What are the best (let's say 3) options?
Tnx in advance.

Relunx

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: September 28, 2010, 09:12:45 AM »
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 08:15:26 PM by ZARtacus! »

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: October 01, 2010, 08:36:13 PM »
http://transrequests.pbworks.com/F-Ciel+Flicker+Loops

Haha, your combos are hard.

Good Arc, this is for real. Thank you glorious asian masters.

Offline Relunx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2010, 10:38:05 PM »
Unfortunately there's no AAD oki setups in those tutorials, but they are great vids. I learned a lot of things from them.

Question about j214c:
As all know the j214c's shadows are must be blocked low, BUT sometimes even if my opponent block it, he still get hit by it. Dunno why or this is some kind of glitch. Maybe bcoz the sword and the black wave hits at the same time and that's why.
Any ideas? Tnx in advance.

Relunx

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 24, 2010, 12:02:16 PM »
Question about j214c:
As all know the j214c's shadows are must be blocked low, BUT sometimes even if my opponent block it, he still get hit by it. Dunno why or this is some kind of glitch. Maybe bcoz the sword and the black wave hits at the same time and that's why.
Ok, first off, the SHADOWS DO NOT HIT LOW. Only the physical knife itself hits low and must be guarded in that manner. The shadows/black waves HIT MID (not overhead or some shit) and can be guarded at any level. As for getting hit in between the two wave/shadow hits, there is a gap in-between these two hits. HOWEVER, the defender is unable to reversal in-between this gap but can be hit by the second wave if attempting to do anything other than defend. There are attacks from MBAC like this that may/may not still exist in AA. Examples are len's 623A: the gap just before the kick attack at the end will allow the defender to move but not shield/reversal/backstep. Theres also (MBAC) Aoko's staggered Aoko123: stagger the 3rd hit and the same principle applies (can get hit but can't reversal). No idea why this phenomenon occurs, just deal with it  8-).

On another note, it's damn near impossible to clash-bunker the 2nd wave hit in AA (I tried so hard! XD). Current Code has added a 3rd shadow hit in shadow snipe and my assumption is so that it will provide a means to clash-bunker the attack effectively (there's a CC vid somewhere but I can't find it =/).

Some stuff I came up w/ the last few mths but was too lazy to write up:

New Fuzzy vs Wara/Nero:
BE4B>IH>J9B>J214C

These two have tall enough hitboxes for the j9b to hit overhead should they chose to duck after guarding be4b. The option to mix in 5b (low) after the IH is also applicable for the mindfuck (e.g. be4b>IH>5b>2b>236b>iad jc etc.).

OS Pick-up String (credits to Rayza & Co. for inspiring this idea)
5B~A>5C

E.g. 2A>2C>4C>236A>5A>5B>236A>5B>5C>jBC>jBC>blahblah
Above is an example of one of F-Ciels standard bnbs and in BOLD is a common point players tend to drop the final "pick-up" or juggle just before executing the aerial portion to end the combo. Using 5B~A (strum)>5C at this point will essentially give you two inputs rather than one and thus another chance to pick up the slack for human error. In the case you hit 5B too soon for it to execute (due to prior 236A recovery), 5A will execute in its place on the window where the next attack will be accepted. As you should know, both 5B>5C and 5A>5C will combo and give you that chance to finish up the combo. While 5A scales the damage a bit more, it's better than losing damage because you mistimed a single input 5B pick-up. One thing that should especially be considered is the range at which you attempt the OS. Obviously if you're too far out for a 5A to connect you have no other option but to try and connect a tip-hit 5B to continue.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 12:04:49 PM by Olivio Stewart »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 27, 2010, 11:30:46 PM »
...J7B

...too good

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: December 28, 2010, 06:49:01 AM »
Approved anti air by 4 out of 5 zaelars.