hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: 623 to 236 motion.  (Read 5073 times)

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
623 to 236 motion.
« on: February 26, 2011, 07:09:01 AM »
I was wondering if anyone has any tips on doing this motion.
I can't think of any way to circumvent the fact that because of the lax input buffer you get a residual 6 if you try to do the 623236 motion thus 236 becomes a DP motion if you do it really fast.
Specifically I try doing Nanaya 623B to 236C EX cancel and I randomly get a 236C or 623C even though it feels like I'm doing the same input.

I
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
Re: 623 to 236 motion.
« Reply #1 on: February 26, 2011, 08:20:23 AM »
I've personally given up doing this on console. I see it done all the time in Arcade, but I could NEVER do it in console. Unless there's some extremely wacky trick, the difference in input buffers is what kills it for Nanaya, since he has to cancel it really damn fast.
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2011, 12:29:24 AM »
I've been stuck in a similar situation.  The only solution that I've found is if you can time it so you input you 623 early, then press the button just before the inputs leave the buffer, then do your 236 after the inputs are gone.

One thing you could try is make sure you aren't doing 6236236, that you're only doing 623236.  I don't know if this would work but if you don't already know it won't it's worth a try.

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2011, 02:11:16 AM »
I've been stuck in a similar situation.  The only solution that I've found is if you can time it so you input you 623 early, then press the button just before the inputs leave the buffer, then do your 236 after the inputs are gone.

One thing you could try is make sure you aren't doing 6236236, that you're only doing 623236.  I don't know if this would work but if you don't already know it won't it's worth a try.
The button input delay method seems to work just fine,but it will take a while to get used to...as for 6236236 sadly,it's kind of hard for me on a kb(exposed,I know).
I guess I'll train the delay method.
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 28, 2011, 05:37:38 AM »
It should be easier.  Never let go of down except at the very beginning and the very end.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #5 on: March 14, 2011, 06:41:40 PM »
You could try: 6123A/B/C 5[2]36A/B/C

While you hit the first button got back to 5 and make sure you're holding 2.  Then roll the 36 and hit the second button.  It's easiest to make sure you do the 2nd motion while the last attack is happening.  Zaelar would know buffer input tricks better than me though.  

I don't know jack shit about Nanaya's combos, either.  I had to do something similar with Ryougi.  

A good way to practice tough links is to always think about what you're doing.  If something didn't link/work, (even if it happened once in like 4-6 times) just try to do each one a little different until you find the sweet spot.  Don't keep trying to do the same thing wrong.  

When I was learning stick I went through a million little buffer tricks.  I don't know what input you're using, but if it's on stick there is always an easier way to do it, ergonomically.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:44:40 PM by キュゥべえ »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.