When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: A really stupid quirk with IAD (Instant Air Dashing)  (Read 20836 times)

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
A really stupid quirk with IAD (Instant Air Dashing)
« on: February 23, 2007, 01:59:21 PM »
Just so people know, Instant Air Dashes must be inputted with 6,9,6 (F,UF,F) instead of simply 9,6 (UF, F) like in Guilty Gear. Should save V.Akiha players a lot of trouble.  :D
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
Re: A really stupid quirk with IAD (Instant Air Dashing)
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2007, 09:52:42 PM »
J.6+A+B is also an effective alternative to the above. Just don't fall back on it when playing as Aoko (can't hold orbzzzz  ::)) . There's also the issue of hitting both buttons and the direction at the exact same time!

Melty Controls: -7
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2007, 10:41:19 PM »
ah ic... i thought it was 99 really fast "that is how i press it to iad, and it works for me..." but didn't really know the exact input was 696 but that advice will save me the trouble ! nice to know thanks!
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 26, 2007, 06:12:37 AM »
Just do 6 9 5 6 and you'll nail it every time. That's how I do it. Ppl tend to forget that you have to do the neutral-input.
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 27, 2007, 07:41:39 AM »
ah ic... i thought it was 99 really fast "that is how i press it to iad, and it works for me..." but didn't really know the exact input was 696 but that advice will save me the trouble ! nice to know thanks!
lol i bet you play on pad, right? most pad players are under the asumption that IAD is 9 5 6 (or in your case 9  9). It's very easy to accidentally get the two 6 commands either before or after the jump when using pad. Back when i used to play FT on a saitek i was 100% certain that IAD was 9 5 6! but when i was forced to play on stick (yes, id like to compete in an arcade event one day) i quickly noticed that more accuracy was involved in the execution. which brings me to this...

Quote from: Shinjin
Just do 6 9 5 6 and you'll nail it every time. That's how I do it. Ppl tend to forget that you have to do the neutral-input.
:o. im very glad you pointed this out! there were times when i would practice IADs with input display on and i'd see the 696 but would get jump as a result. Unfortunately input display doesnt display "nuetral" (unless holding a button?) so that made it a bit harder to check my mistakes. so yeah, as Shinjin said the nuetral-input has to be in there somewhere:
either 6 5 9 6
or 6 9 5 6 (more common)

Jeffrey Manson actually does:
6 8 6 or 6 7 6

still practicing that myself  :(.
« Last Edit: February 27, 2007, 07:46:10 AM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2007, 07:07:00 PM »
lol i bet you play on pad, right? most pad players are under the asumption that IAD is 9 5 6 (or in your case 9  9). It's very easy to accidentally get the two 6 commands either before or after the jump when using pad. Back when i used to play FT on a saitek i was 100% certain that IAD was 9 5 6! but when i was forced to play on stick (yes, id like to compete in an arcade event one day) i quickly noticed that more accuracy was involved in the execution. which brings me to this...

actually i play on stick (HRAP) to be exact.. i can't play MB on pad ><...

since its square gate its like this:

7 8 9
4 5 6
1 2 3

so where i am hitting on the stick is the space between the 9 and the 6 Twice... so i guess i am going back to neutral every tap i do.. so i am doing... 6956?

well i always thought i was hitting 9 cause i was pushing it diagonal... so yea...

but now knowing its 6956... now... i hope my IAD game is improved  :D

Offline ಠ_ಠ Dizzynecro

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Doriflectos
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 27, 2007, 07:16:07 PM »

I coulda sworn its 956!
o wait i am a pad player....
I need to buy a nice stick and get use to it but im broke!

By the way, Are Melty Blood and Melty Bread different games?

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2007, 10:59:12 PM »
I just splurged on bought this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=230097138713

Practicing on a borrowed homemade stick has just got to go.

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 28, 2007, 05:47:13 AM »
I actually play Guilty Gear with pad and Melty with my homemade stick (http://www.rimfrozt.com/stick.jpg). Well IAD'ing has improved my main (KohaHisu), now i'll just need to nail the Battou-loop 100% of the time and get my spacing right. I'll write something about Kouma & KohaHisu when I have the chance. Anyways, i think everybody should pretty easily get how you IAD.
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline Nehle

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • S-Tier Bubble Spammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2007, 06:23:03 AM »
When I play I do the 96 input for IAD, but it shows up in the display window as 966, with the first 6 being hit for 1 frame. Maybe it's a quirk with how the pad sends the signal, or how MB receives it. In any case I haven't really considered it

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 28, 2007, 03:16:49 PM »
probably because the ps2 pad does not have an angle? so you have to use ur thumb and hit both 6 and 9 thus making it read like that? :O...

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2007, 02:09:42 AM »
probably because the ps2 pad does not have an angle? so you have to use ur thumb and hit both 6 and 9 thus making it read like that? :O...

You can hit 9 cleanly on a PS2 pad, but it's pretty trick to do since even if you do hit 9, if you move a tad bit either to the left or right, you'll be hitting 8 or 6 respectively.

Doing 676 or 686 for IADs is Guilty Gear style. It feels really weird doing IADs that way. But yeah, MB I do IADs 6956.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Choco

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 69
  • IM MAD
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 04, 2007, 06:55:45 AM »
(Good) Aoko players aside, methinks people should get use to doing all air dashing ith 4/6A+B. Not have to switch between 6956-ing on the ground and 66/44 or 4/6A+B in the air is amazing. And what about feinting into airdash (76A+B)? Sure, this is more important on some characters than others, so you guys might want to get in the habit.

Pad players... binding R2 to A+B and using it to airdash = your savior.

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 04, 2007, 09:51:54 AM »
I do 9/6AB when I'm lazying, but I "feel" more safe doing a motion then a button, which is probably because I have more experience doing that in other games besides MB. So with that I don't see much point for me to use that macro.

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 04, 2007, 10:19:44 AM »
wow i had no idea that things like 6956 would give you IAD, is that better than just doing 686?
the only time IADing gives me trouble is when I'm trying to do a back iad and 236a with v akiha or doing it when I'm stuck in a corner to get j.c.  I have little experience with MB on a stick but i bet ill probably end up having to do something else when i do start using one.

what gets you to IAD faster? 686, 6956 or 96?

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 04, 2007, 11:17:26 AM »
wow i had no idea that things like 6956 would give you IAD, is that better than just doing 686?
the only time IADing gives me trouble is when I'm trying to do a back iad and 236a with v akiha or doing it when I'm stuck in a corner to get j.c.  I have little experience with MB on a stick but i bet ill probably end up having to do something else when i do start using one.

I wonder the same in general. Hmmm, I never tried 686 before.

96 only works on a pad, for the reason we just discussed why. Though it's probably better to do 696 since you wouldn't have to do 96 faster to get just as low as you would by doing 696.

Offline Capps Indigo

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2007, 06:48:05 PM »
the melty wiki is wrong. is that still being updated these days?

http://ikusat.mac.org/mbac/index.php/Main_Page#Universal_Maneuvers <this one

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 08, 2007, 01:20:47 AM »

I wonder the same in general. Hmmm, I never tried 686 before.

96 only works on a pad, for the reason we just discussed why. Though it's probably better to do 696 since you wouldn't have to do 96 faster to get just as low as you would by doing 696.

I'd recommend using 686 to anyone, Ive tested trying 696 and 96 and 6956, 686 seems to work the best, but again i have little experience on an arcade stick so it may be differant for that. once i get a stick ill be able to try it out and find a better way of doing it.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 08, 2007, 06:28:07 PM »
i would say doing 6596 on arcade is probably much faster then doing 6586 but i woudl say watever works best for you :X

Offline sleepy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 07, 2007, 09:15:08 PM »
there is one advantage I find in mb's commands requiring the extra 6 before the IAD that isn't required in GG, dash jump IAD's. Not sure if this will add any momentum but, it's nice to know you can somewhat get in range faster.

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Talk to the cello, bitch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 12, 2007, 02:24:45 PM »
I think the only character who can really take advantage of that momentum is Ciel.

Offline ii_otoko

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 13, 2007, 07:38:20 AM »
i say just do 966

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #22 on: July 24, 2007, 11:25:54 AM »
I think the only character who can really take advantage of that momentum is Ciel.

Actually there are a lot of midscreen BNBs that require this technique and not just Ciel generic rushdown.

V.Sion 5C 236C midscreen requires 669 into early j.C to connect the rest of the bnb. Also she can use 66966 to set up meaty j.Cs on opponent wakeup even if she landed airthrow from very far away
« Last Edit: July 24, 2007, 11:27:39 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline djenkov

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • meh
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 23, 2011, 10:29:26 PM »
hm,don't know about you guys but I found that 676 is super easy to land..I have alot of trouble landing 696 but with 676 iad is almost always a success.
I do believe in fairies. I do, I do.
-Faggot

"I'M A GIGANTIC FAGGOT"

Offline Desmond Delaghetto

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • From The Ghetto
    • View Profile
    • desmondDELAGHETTO youtube channel
« Reply #24 on: March 27, 2011, 02:01:13 PM »
Doing 676 or 494 has been working out great for me, but I gotta hit that diagonal pretty explicitly.
« Last Edit: March 30, 2011, 08:05:27 PM by Desmond Delaghetto »
PRACTICE EVERYDAY WITHOUT NEGLECT