When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Kohaku's Magical Garage

Air Techs

(1/3) > >>

FronkCustle:
How can I punish them? Whenever I land a hit on an airborne opponent (usually this is just after they leave the ground) I try to chase them down and snipe them out of the sky but 99% of the time they're touching a button and I get counterhit. Am I just supposed to let them go or am I simply mistiming my punish?

HQ-Zero:
It really depends on who you're using. Wlen's Ice Flower (236C)is perfect for punishing Air Techs and gives you a launch for an aircombo. you just have to figure out what works best with the characters you're using. Air unblockables are nice.

Cristu:
Transform your hits into combos. If they air tech is because you droped your combo in the first place, so just accept your mistake, leave them alone and try to do it better the next time (think of how to confirm). You probably wont ever be able to confirm all of them, but increasing your rate the max you can is a really good thing to do. But yes, you can punish air techs in some few case, but it takes a really good move and position, e.g. Nanaya can punish air techs with 623A. Some characters have air tech punish setup too, but it takes an ideal situation you should create. I think it's better to focus on confirming those hits into combos. If it's a hit you can't confirm into, stop doing them, unless they're really safe to use..

VanDarkholme:
What character do you play?

FronkCustle:

--- Quote from: Cristu on September 06, 2012, 07:42:33 AM ---Transform your hits into combos. If they air tech is because you droped your combo in the first place, so just accept your mistake, leave them alone and try to do it better the next time (think of how to confirm). You probably wont ever be able to confirm all of them, but increasing your rate the max you can is a really good thing to do. But yes, you can punish air techs in some few case, but it takes a really good move and position, e.g. Nanaya can punish air techs with 623A. Some characters have air tech punish setup too, but it takes an ideal situation you should create. I think it's better to focus on confirming those hits into combos. If it's a hit you can't confirm into, stop doing them, unless they're really safe to use..

--- End quote ---

Typically what happens is I go for a ground confirm with 2A and my opponent jumps out. I mostly play H-Roa and it's a little awkward for me to try to lead into an air combo from his 2/5A (don't know why exactly but I've had more success doing so with other characters). Should I just step up my confirms and do more 214?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version