hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Getting into melty blood.  (Read 6096 times)

Offline cowless

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Getting into melty blood.
« on: July 13, 2013, 08:00:42 PM »
I'm just getting into this game learning combos and such and I just need an easy question answered. Ive been looking around and cant find what the AT stands for in the combo or if it means air tech? I can do the whole first one easily but just cant figure out how to do the air grab part. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0IU3Tenb-q4  I know it's a stupid question but it's holding me up from learning this game lol

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: Getting into melty blood.
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2013, 08:22:40 PM »
I'm just getting into this game learning combos and such and I just need an easy question answered. Ive been looking around and cant find what the AT stands for in the combo or if it means air tech?

If you are talking about the notation, then AT simply means Air Throw.
If you mean how is an Air Throw input, then you can do it a few ways:
     After dj.BC input 6A+B or 4A+B, or 4E or 6E (the E button is called QA in the button config.)
If you know what AT means and how to input it, and you actually mean that you are having trouble comboing it, ie, you see and hear whiff throw animation, then it's likely that you are not inputting the AT fast enough. Or you or the opponent could be too high or low. Or you may be double jumping straight up with an 8 input instead of towards the opponent with a 9 input, and are too far away for AT to hit.

It's not really a stupid question. Figuring out how air combos work in this game is something every player goes through.

Hope this helps you out.

-NC Texas Tim-
« Last Edit: July 13, 2013, 08:29:22 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline cowless

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2013, 08:27:07 PM »
Thanks that's exactly what I needed. I was just finishing it with regular Hadoken moves and i really wanted to air throw. I'm trying to now figure out whether I should go with Vsion or regular or Tohno or nanaya but im working with vsion right now. I played this a while ago when it was MBAC but things seem to be a bit different and i was never very into fight games back then like i am now. Thanks again for letting me know.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 13, 2013, 08:33:07 PM »
Im sry, massive typo there.

If you mean how is an Air Throw input, then you can do it a few ways:
     After dj.BC input 6A+B or 4A+B, or 4E or 6E (the E button is called QA in the button config.)
This is actually 4/6A+D for AT.
4/6A+B will give air dash...
My bad.

Offline cowless

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 13, 2013, 09:00:48 PM »
OH!! Ha that makes sense I was wondering why i was just dashing so i started using E but now i know the other input. I can do the first couple of them already including air grab so I'm happy. :) now to just get even better.

Offline Roy-Kr

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2013, 07:39:51 AM »
Joining IRC will help you progress at a faster rate.