When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Super Jump Cancelling?  (Read 2776 times)

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
MBAA Super Jump Cancelling?
« on: August 27, 2009, 10:32:54 PM »
I've noticed while playing MBAA that you can do what people before have dubbed super jump canceling or something like that. Remember Nanaya and Tohno Shiki back in MBAC? They could both hit jump right as they did something like j.c to super jump cancel which made them go higher. This was a key way for Nanaya players to combo that second j.c in their air combo. The thing is, I've noticed this with other characters. Is this true? Or did they only add it with Len, Ryougi and Roa. I especially notice this with Len because when I go do my fuzzy guards, I often find myself delaying the jump after IAD j.b just so my j.c coming up would hit them and not shoot over them.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND

Offline Psylocke

• Psyduck
  • Magic Circuits: 120
    • View Profile
    • Blog of Randomness
Re: MBAA Super Jump Cancelling?
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2009, 10:52:00 PM »
The super double jump is now universal.  The old way of doing it was to hit 9 for exactly 1f for a double jump, but there were ways in making it easier, like buffering the direction in the hitstop of the previous move.  This old way of doing it still works, and in addition, you can now just input 29 as a doublejump to get the sdj.  If you don't want to accidentally get sdj during fuzzies, you can try holding 9 for them
« Last Edit: August 27, 2009, 10:56:03 PM by Psylocke »
Blog

‹ Tatari|JE › I have another friend who would play MB if it was "less like Mortal Kombat"
‹ HalVegas2 › how do you compare those two ‹ sphy › every time you touch someone in mb it turns into a BRUTALITY

Offline Press

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Seizon Senryaku!
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA Super Jump Cancelling?
« Reply #2 on: August 27, 2009, 10:59:30 PM »
Good, so I'm not just imagining things lol

Edit: Do Psylocke's way of fuzzies. It works.
Happy Birthday to the GROUND