hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: QA vs. A+D?  (Read 5915 times)

puKKa

QA vs. A+D?
« on: December 04, 2007, 02:59:31 AM »
During ReACT I used the A+D-binding for throwing as many others probably. I used the same binding for AC when netplay came and have been using it since I palyed with keyboard.
After being in japan and playing with default controlls and throwing with QA instead of A+D I came back with my stick and started palying again but throwing with QA seems a lot less efficient than A+D somehow. Since I use quite alot of throws playing hisui due to her manuverbility and superjump I'm wondering if there is a known difference between the QA throw and A+D. Generally I've noticed the difference in airthrows mostly.

</stupidism>

Offline Draku

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 8
  • sakura is a good girl
    • View Profile
Re: QA vs. A+D?
« Reply #1 on: December 04, 2007, 03:19:13 AM »
They're the very same... there isn't any difference. Both work exactly the same. An A+D macro does exactly what Q does.

That is, unless there's something I don't know?

puKKa

« Reply #2 on: December 04, 2007, 03:56:44 AM »
yes, That's what I thought(and think it should be) but they feel so different when I use them. when I try throwing with QA I fail very often, A+D workes alot better and also, in air you can shield an attack counter with an A-attack(if out of range) then throw with the same button.

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #3 on: December 04, 2007, 06:09:29 AM »
Actually they are NOT the same. Q is superior in almost every way.

A+D Requires exact frame input while 6Q for throw always works.

Also Q allows you to cheat. If you whiff a 5A over the opponent's head and use 6Q during recovery, you will get the throw. However if the 5A hits for any reason you will instead get a 5A5C combo which can allow many characters to hit confirm to a bnb.

Edit: Lets not forget that A+D macro is NOT in the arcade version and banned in some touneys.
« Last Edit: December 04, 2007, 06:32:32 AM by Sp00ky »

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 04, 2007, 08:48:05 AM »
Also Q allows you to cheat. If you whiff a 5A over the opponent's head and use 6Q during recovery, you will get the throw. However if the 5A hits for any reason you will instead get a 5A5C combo which can allow many characters to hit confirm to a bnb.

Are you sure of this? It doesn't seem right (in my experience or in theory). For that to happen, you'd need to do 5A -> *5*Q, which will result in A+B+C, which is interpreted as 5C if under 100% bar or in a situation where you can't cancel to heat but can cancel to 5C, but it will never throw.

What happens instead if you press 6Q and the 5A connects is that you get a 5AA combo. To exploit this even further, you can mash 6Q -- nothing will happen if you throw successfully, but 5AAA(A) is a very easy hitconfirm (I use this technique all the time with Hisui, pretty successfully)

Offline Sp00ky

• Melty Pancake
  • Magic Circuits: 46
    • View Profile
    • Team Spooky
« Reply #5 on: December 04, 2007, 11:25:48 AM »
You know. I tested this in the hotel room with Chibi during nec and it was working. Now sure enough when testing it I'm getting 5AA. I guess we are both retarded and were going to neutral early while testing it.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 09:00:56 AM »
Real men use A, B, C, and D only. >_>
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline relight

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • 普通的魔法使
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 07:18:01 PM »
I personally find 6Q better, because if you press Q to air throw and miss it, you'll shield instead which is nice since your opponent will probably be attacking anyway, so you can air throw them after the ex-shield.
Arcueid / W.Len / Miyako player.
http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=HKrelight

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 11:59:36 PM »
You get a shield with A+D as well.  You also have the option of holding D for a normal shield instead of an ex, an option that you don't have with Q.

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 09, 2007, 01:39:10 PM »
Real men use A, B, C, and D only. >_>

::)