When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: OTGing? Haza~.  (Read 4174 times)

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
OTGing? Haza~.
« on: October 03, 2007, 08:27:48 PM »
What determines whether you can OTG a grounded opponent or not?  I've had unusual situations where after a Vakiha jC, I can slowly walk up and still get the OTG hits, and other times where I can dash right up and not touch them.

~M

Offline ikusat

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 102
    • View Profile
Re: OTGing? Haza~.
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2007, 09:25:04 PM »
The last move that hits em basically determines it.  Some characters have a fatter hitbox on the ground than others, so something like Hisui 2a will whiff one guy and hit the other off the ground.  Also, when the opponent first hits the ground, they have a slight bounce, which makes their hitbox easier to OTG(since they're still bouncing kinda).

Also remember there's a standard limit of 2 OTG/Wall slams before they become invincible.  So if you do say, 2c623b(slam 1) 2c623b(slam 2) 2c623b(slam 3, opponent invulnerable), you can't OTG them after that.  However if you do say, 2c623b(slam 1) 2c4c jab jabc(slam 2), you will be able to OTG them since they have only been hit off the ground twice.

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2007, 09:46:08 PM »
Thanks for the clarification; however that makes my question more character specific, I think.  Does VAkiha's jC have different properties based on where she hits?  I say this because my OTGs seem woefully inconsistent after I use jC for knockdown.  On the other end of it, I'm using 2A 2A to start my OTG if that helps any.

~M

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2007, 07:47:01 AM »
I'm pretty sure it has the same properties on hit for the whole move.  Positioning does change how hard it is to get into range to otg though.  I'm not sure if there are any character specific problems with it though.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2007, 04:05:24 PM »
Motoh, you're probably just too slow. Just practice.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Animeruko

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Because its MOE~ MOE~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 09, 2007, 03:18:10 PM »
Yeah, i also think its important to practice allways dashing  in for OTG after Jc, there are more times where you need dashmomentum for OTG to hit than not needing it, unless you use some random OTG that spaces you correctly without it.