When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The Bara Cancel (Bunker Cancel) Thread  (Read 57356 times)

Offline Jux

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
    • View Profile
Re: The Bara Cancel (Bunker Cancel) Thread
« Reply #50 on: November 27, 2007, 10:45:43 AM »
What would be the easiest way to bara a 22 move?  I've tried 2214 but I usually get just the bunker, and 2142 which is often the reverse dp, (most likely because I hit 1 on accident) or is just a bunker.  Is there a different motion that would be more efficient for this, like uhh 21242 or something to that effect?  Thanks. 
Magz Secret Anti Nero Strategy #2: "Don't get hit."

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: November 27, 2007, 03:23:56 PM »
I think I remember hearing that 22 moves don't have priority over 214 moves, so it'd be impossible.

Well, it'd still be possible, just extremely hard. You'd have to do something ridiculous like 21242 (dunno if that works) and then activate the bunker on the last possible frame or two for the buffer so that the 214D part is activated and then the buffer starts to "run out" and then the 2 or 21 "disappears" because of the buffer and then on the next frame where you press C what's read is only 1242 or 242 and you end up with a 22 bara'd move. Of course I don't know if this actually works but it makes sense that it would work like that if you tried. Then again, it's so hard to do this that...well...yeah, just forget it. lol
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: November 27, 2007, 03:32:45 PM »
I'd guess that 21422 based on the idea that you do 2141236D~C for Arc Drive.  Not sure who has a 22 move worth doing though. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: November 28, 2007, 12:19:13 AM »
Not sure if it works, but if you do 21422, could you press D for the shield bunker, then a/b/c at a point after the 214 input isn't stored and only the 22 remains?  Wouldn't be practical at all, but would make it possible.

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: November 29, 2007, 05:41:17 PM »
Yeah, that's the concept I was working with in my post. Except that 21422 is actually 214252 so....you need to do be able to do the motion fast because of how long the buffer is (in other words, because 21242 is less motions, you can go slower to get it into the 8? frame buffer frame). The bonus is that you get another frame grace for hitting the buffer "boundary".

Still no practicality at all and there aren't that many 22 moves that seem to be worth baraing.
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

Offline Villainous

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • stabstabstabSTABstabSTABthrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: December 19, 2007, 09:41:29 PM »
I'm having a lot of trouble bara-ing for some reason, it seems really inconsistent for me. How fast should you switch between hitting D and then whatever button? I've been trying to slide it but maybe that's too fast?

Also, what exactly IS hitstop? Is there anyway to tell it apart from blockstun? Is it just while their move is still connected with me or what?

Also what's the input for bara-ing a throw?
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:14:54 PM by Villainous »

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 19, 2007, 10:30:41 PM »
I'm having a lot of trouble bara-ing for some reason, it seems really inconsistent for me. How fast should you switch between hitting D and then whatever button? I've been trying to slide it but maybe that's too fast?

Also, what exactly IS hitstop? Is there anyway to tell it apart from blockstun? Is it just while their move is still connected with me or what?

if you feel you're having trouble cause of the timing on the motions, fire up practice mode and set Len as opponent. Set her to dummy and do a 236[a]. If you block it , this move has tonnes of hitstop, and you should have a huge window to bara it.

You can't bara a throw afaik (can't bara into D inputs)..except for command throws.

Blockstun is your character being stuck in a blocking state. Hitstop is when the moves are actually connecting to your blocking character. You can shield bunker out of blockstun at any time, but you can only bara during hitstop. It's all pretty well detailed in the first post. Best way I can suggest to know when hitstop is, is the listen for the sound of it.

i
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 10:38:59 PM by Lolly »

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: December 19, 2007, 11:18:15 PM »

it should be bout 1-2 frames, in other words fast, not sure what you mean by sliding.

i suggest what lolly suggest, except set it so it will display your inputs. this will tell you how long and fast your pressing the buttons and inputs. it can also determine if you even have the inputs correctly

all motions can be bara'd as long as its in the command list.(well maybe except for 632146, but i dont remember if i got that one in or not)(bara into 236 is possible though(gotta love my stix for being retarded like that, bnb for sacchin :D)
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline ikusat

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 102
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 20, 2007, 12:54:13 AM »
Here's what you can't bara into:
5A 5B 5C 2A 2B 2C Jump Shield
That's it.

You can bara into anything else, including dashes, command moves, special moves, arc drives, dodge, heat activation, super jump, throw and so on.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: December 20, 2007, 06:06:20 AM »
Can't bara circuit spark either, not that you'd want to.

EXshield?

Offline Villainous

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • stabstabstabSTABstabSTABthrow
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: December 20, 2007, 08:31:42 AM »

it should be bout 1-2 frames, in other words fast, not sure what you mean by sliding.

i suggest what lolly suggest, except set it so it will display your inputs. this will tell you how long and fast your pressing the buttons and inputs. it can also determine if you even have the inputs correctly

all motions can be bara'd as long as its in the command list.(well maybe except for 632146, but i dont remember if i got that one in or not)(bara into 236 is possible though(gotta love my stix for being retarded like that, bnb for sacchin :D)

Ok, 1-2 frames clears it up. When I slay sliding, I mean like, rolling my thumb from D to C, kinda like sliding it across the buttons. I didn't know if that was too fast or not but that clears it up.

Thanks a lot for the input guys. Guess I just need to practice practice practice. I'd say my success rate is at about 40% right now >_<

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: December 20, 2007, 08:38:38 AM »
Have you watched the replays on the wiki?
http://wiki.meltybread.com/index.php?n=ActCadenza.BunkerCancel
Also, Lolly has hitstop down perfectly.  You have to bara as you're getting hit, not just lbocking.

~M

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: January 21, 2008, 11:00:20 AM »
To bara super jump I believe you just do 214+D then 9, if I'm not mistaken.

;p

Fixed it for you~

No he is right as well you can do A,B,C, or D at the end.

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: January 27, 2008, 06:23:24 AM »

if you feel you're having trouble cause of the timing on the motions, fire up practice mode and set Len as opponent. Set her to dummy and do a 236[a]. If you block it , this move has tonnes of hitstop, and you should have a huge window to bara it.

You can't bara a throw afaik (can't bara into D inputs)..except for command throws.

Blockstun is your character being stuck in a blocking state. Hitstop is when the moves are actually connecting to your blocking character. You can shield bunker out of blockstun at any time, but you can only bara during hitstop. It's all pretty well detailed in the first post. Best way I can suggest to know when hitstop is, is the listen for the sound of it.

Actually, you can bara into a throw. The input is 214+d (hold 4) then q. or you can do 2146+d (hold 6) then q.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2008, 06:49:02 AM by Nandeyanen »

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: February 02, 2008, 08:57:33 PM »
I love the bara cancel it reminds me of roys counter from smash like yeah I just timed the right now your screwed, (in smash 30% sword hit to face), in this game Sacchan Arc-drive to face.

To get this down turn on the read input mode, and make sure all of your combo button presses are 1 frame apart, then practice agaist computers dummy attacks set at increasingly faster speeds, and you can start using simple bara cancels on about anything, and crazy ones on anything else. 

Offline Twinniss

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: February 03, 2008, 11:25:33 AM »
oh btw just to let anyone know, you can press any button with the direction at the same time

in other words

instead of just 2 1 4 d c

you can do 2 1 4+d c

or instead of 6 3 2 1 4 6 d c
you can do 6 3 2 1 4 d 6+c
Words of a wise man
[20:13] <@bellreisa> with practice mode you can turn 10% into 100%

http://www.shoryuken.com/showthread.php?t=232643&p=8761841&viewfull=1#post8761841 "For Instance, Cammy's strong kick(crouch) is two frames, because it takes almost 2 seconds to do"

Offline Nandeyanen

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Nyoro~n
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 27, 2008, 09:57:55 AM »
Not sure if it works, but if you do 21422, could you press D for the shield bunker, then a/b/c at a point after the 214 input isn't stored and only the 22 remains?  Wouldn't be practical at all, but would make it possible.

I'm pretty sure this works. It's the same way you input command moves.

Also... here's one of Akiha's better baras.

Offline JeffM

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: March 27, 2008, 01:49:13 PM »

You can bara into anything else, including dashes, command moves, special moves, arc drives, dodge, heat activation, super jump, throw and so on.

omg... all this time i thought that you can only cancel into EX/AD :psyduck:

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: March 27, 2008, 02:55:31 PM »
You can do a sort-of bara into ex-shield depending on what move you're baraing.

You do it by baraing into dash and then immediately ex-shielding. If you know when to do this (i.e. know when you won't get smacked while dashing) it gives you more options in how you can punish them. Keep in mind that you're using shield proration that you would not have if you baraed straight into a move, so its usually more useful to do so unless you plan to go for oki or setup.

Depending on your character it can pay off a lot to learn and practice the command-move baras. Characters like Miyako (6B) and the Akihas (4C) basically have the ability to use baras to drop the 2a starter on their combo while keeping everything else to really maximize damage for only 50% meter and a lot of practice. And you can bet that spending another 100% meter on that combo for some really high damage is going to be worth it. Definitely beats a lot of the other 150% options like the 214C's for Kouma, Aoko, W.Len, Tohno, etc. out of the water.

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: March 28, 2008, 04:54:22 PM »
To bara into command normals you need to let the input buffer clear before doing the move or you'll get a 214.  It isn't hard to do that, but timing it with an opponent's attack is.  You pretty much need to know exactly whats coming and more importantly when it is coming to get it off, and even then command normals for the most part don't exactly have the highest priority and are liable to getting beaten out if done at a bad time.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: March 30, 2008, 02:42:35 PM »
what about bara into throw that dosen't require the q button (cuse i don't use it) it is still plausible right?

and bara into everything sounds right i remembering baraing out of shikis 623 C a couple of times...
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: March 30, 2008, 06:54:11 PM »
I guess you could do 214d xx 4a+d, but I don't know if it's feasible.

You can bara into anything on the list above, you can bara on any blocked attack.

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: April 28, 2008, 12:18:10 AM »
214C+D is technically the easiest bara option there is, isn't it?  :psyduck:
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline abitofBaileys

• zzz
  • Germaniac
  • Magic Circuits: 159
    • View Profile
« Reply #73 on: April 28, 2008, 05:22:56 AM »
Yep. It's great for Koumas. :V

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: April 28, 2008, 05:44:45 AM »
But better for White Lens.

Her bara is pretty much the "new" best one in the game.