When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: What causes Ryougi's 214A to not be linkable after 10 hits?  (Read 2981 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
MBAA has the mechanic where the number of hits increases the gravity and hence prevents loops. But is this the mechanic that inhibits Ryougi from doing 214A after 10 hits? For example, for H-Ryougi, 2a5bb2b5c2cTKj236b5bb214a is possible because 214A is the 10th hit, but adding one more 2a will make 214a invalid. Now why is this? Is it really the increased gravity? How does increased gravity affect this when it is visible that 214a's hitbox is touching the opponent? To me, it feels more like reduced hitstun, but does MBAA have such a mechanic that reduces hitstun based on number of hits? And why is it that continuing with 2c6aaa214a possible if it really is the gravity that stops the 214 being valid?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Exciel

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • 工エエェェ(´д`)ェェエエ工工
    • View Profile
Re: What causes Ryougi's 214A to not be linkable after 10 hits?
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2011, 11:21:57 AM »
Someone else probably knows a more precise answer but there is indeed some type of reduced hitstun mechanic to prevent infinites in as well. Perhaps certain moves prorate more but a real easy to see example of it is attempting H-Sion 6AAA 214B loops over and over. About the third rep they'll be able to tech in between, otherwise it'd be a reeeeally long combo if left to increased gravity alone.

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 05, 2011, 11:43:10 AM »
What are you talking about? 2aa2b5bb5c2c2369b5bb214a 623b (whatever) is valid. My guess is that you're not inputting the 214a fast enough.

It might be reduced hitstun that's causing the problems. There's also the possibility that you might have your target too high.
« Last Edit: June 05, 2011, 11:54:18 AM by LivingShadow »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 05, 2011, 11:53:48 AM »
Not gravity I think. I'm pretty sure that after 10 hits, untechable time is reduced and some moves wont link anymore or have a much harder window to time. Same thing happens to HV-Sion 6C[C] if it's over 10 hits. The 6[C] has to be the 10th hit, or they can tech it. Prolly the same with Ryougi. I would say to use less 2 and 5As on confirming or take out some other filler/extender from your combo. Same reason why CArc's combos are hard to pull off. At 35 hits, the untechable time is so small.

-TexasTim-