hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: What is the difference of gameplay between MBAA PS2 and MBAACC PC?  (Read 7315 times)

Offline haibara

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Is there a change from AA PS2 to CC PC?

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
Re: What is the difference of gameplay between MBAA PS2 and MBAACC PC?
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 07:10:09 PM »
Is there a change from AA PS2 to CC PC?

MANY in-game changes & a few system changes. Stage length has been reduced, there are OTGs off of raw airthrows, other stuff I'm forgetting but yeah it's basically a completely different game.
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 07:16:00 PM by dumba989 »
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2012, 04:04:23 AM »
If you aren't playing at a competitive level they are very similar.  Only a couple characters got major changes.  There's a couple new characters in CC.  Comboing from air throws is the only biggish system change.  There are a lot of small changes that greatly effect the game when playing competitively though.

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 15, 2012, 07:53:08 AM »
Air counter hit lasts until you hit the ground. Whiffing an airthrow means any attack that hits before you land and good bit after will counter hit.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Narcowski

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 20, 2012, 07:47:38 AM »
The most immediately obvious system change, aside from reduced stage size, is probably the fact that j.A armor is gone. In MBAA, jumping B and C normals were armored against jumping A normals. This is no longer the case.

Offline Popolov

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
    • Joomla extensions
« Reply #5 on: June 13, 2013, 03:32:18 AM »
The most immediately obvious system change, aside from reduced stage size, is probably the fact that j.A armor is gone. In MBAA, jumping B and C normals were armored against jumping A normals. This is no longer the case.

I'm absolutely agree with you , the difference is stage sizes .

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 13, 2013, 04:31:28 AM »
It's a totally different game, you can't even compare. MBAA PS2 was a shitty port and a bad game (if you compare to other MB's). MBAA to MBAACC = tons of pages of change (log), like, I didn't even want to read it all since there were so many, and I'm the kind of guy who likes to read. The game improved so much. Then from MBAACC to MBAACC 1.05 was an even bigger update then MBAA -> MBAACC... OTG relaunches came back, speed, things became looking like MB Re-Act, again tons of pages of changes. Then 1.05 to 1.07 was not a huge update like the others, but still changed lots of things (more then SFIV changes from one version to other).

Probably the game will feel the same if someone never played it, but the difference is huge. If you want to learn MB by MBAA PS2, just forget it. If you'll play an outdated version at least play the classic MBAC. If you really want to know the changes search for them like that MBAA -> MBAACC, MBAACC -> MBAACC 1.05, MBAACC 1.05 > MBAACC 1.07.
« Last Edit: June 13, 2013, 04:43:56 AM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.