When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Which character is it the best (most consistent) to test combos on?  (Read 7414 times)

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
We all know that MBAACC, like most other fighting games, has an "invisible" mechanic where your opponent's character partially determines the effectiveness or to a certain extent the possibility of the combos you land on him/her based on that character's hitbox shape/size. So I was wondering if there was a character on whom generally all combos work, in other words the most "baseline" character to practise combos on. Preferably not characters like Nrvnqsr or Warachia who have abnormally large hitboxes.
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Re: Which character is it the best (most consistent) to test combos on?
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2015, 11:38:36 AM »
I mainly practice on V.Sion but you need to test on different characters to make sure your combo still works.
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Omicron Austin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Downright Fierce
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 08, 2015, 11:17:26 AM »
Arcueid is generally a safe bet, but you should be trying different characters regularly if that's of concern.  Nero and the Necos are the clear outliers, but overall Melty Blood doesn't have that much in terms of character specifics.

Also, keep in mind that your damage output on the training dummy will vary per character as well.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 08, 2015, 12:45:58 PM »
Tohno Akiha and V.Akiha are perfect for combos. Sions are good too, but they fall faster then normal, so combos on them are harder sometimes if you need them not to fall and easier if you need them to fall faster.

Akihas are bad for mix-ups though as it's much harder to cross them into low.
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Ryd

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 08, 2015, 03:41:18 PM »
It can vary depending on the character you're playing as.  With F-Akiha, I find Ciel and Aoko to have hitboxes that require strict timing to follow through on certain CH confirms, while Satsuki has issues with Kouma and Ries. 
:prinny:

Offline Dullyanna

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • Abare-tard
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 20, 2015, 11:02:43 AM »
Yeah Kouma can be a goober for height based stuff. Len can mess some juggles up from my exp, and White Len goofs up some otgs. Point is if you're doing more than basic stuff you should probably get around to testing on most characters at some point.
Yo let's talk about sewckiheemay character development together