When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAA Maids  (Read 5337 times)

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
MBAA Maids
« on: November 17, 2008, 12:54:37 AM »
Most of the maids info has been posted in Kohaku section, but I'm making this topic cause there's stuff that belongs here better, especially with Kohaku solo having more advantages over maids team in MBAA. Here's what I know, but most of this is 2 days old and I forgot some of it.

Played Half Moon Maids through arcade mode. All I really cared to know was that Half keeps Kohaku's ridiculous 623C, and it does. I don't know the framedata but that shit is insane. I know for a fact it's under 5f invincible startup because I've seen it counter 5As, seems air unblockable, does 3000 damage that slams them to the other side of the screen, and fully safe on block, and from what I can tell under 15f from start to finish, so even on whiff unless they're almost close enough to just barely be out of your range it's almost impossible to punish.

Assists of course have changed:

Hisui: Don't remember A, B does 5C chair, C does 6AAA autocombo
Kohaku: A does spinny plant (it's really slow), B is molotov, C does 6AAA autocombo, also I might have gotten A and B mixed up

Also I played Full Moon Maids for 1 round just to experiment and didn't get to really do much. Basically:

-236A/B/C have been replaced. They are now assists, so Kohaku loses her full moon sword wave and Hisui loses ladle stab.
-236 assists are now sort of... unique? I barely got to try anything but essentially one of the inputs when held makes the partner run/jump depending on which button, and pressing a second button after makes the partner do an attack. I don't really remember what button does what, but it's something like 236[ B ]B makes Hisui run until you let go of B, then swings her 5C chair at them, while 236[ B ]A makes her do her 5B. I'm pretty sure 236A is just a normal assist, and 236C makes her jump. Although again I really don't remember. All I know is you do 236 and hold a button to make your partner move, and press a button to make them attack.
-236D recharges your hearts without switching.
-Full moon and half moon get different 214 assists, but I didn't get to test them/remember them enough to know anything other than at least some of them are different, and Hisui has a ladle stab assist that gives lots of +f. Well I do remember that 214A takes 1 heart, 214B takes 2, 214C takes 3, and always scale in how good the assist is with how many hearts it uses.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2008, 01:22:05 AM by Ultima66 »

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
Re: MBAA Maids
« Reply #1 on: November 21, 2008, 09:11:13 PM »
Yesss! Hisui and Kohaku keep their 214B summons! ^^
Air summons are also gdlk from what I've heard.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2008, 01:23:22 AM »
Oh, bold tags screwed up a bunch of stuff. Fixed it in my post.

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2009, 06:08:51 PM »
Wow... F-Maids lockdown is incredible... http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6619926
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline zeech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2009, 06:16:49 AM »
Wow... F-Maids lockdown is incredible... http://www.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm6619926

Hmm, just noticed, but what is "EX Guard" ?

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2009, 10:17:29 AM »

Hmm, just noticed, but what is "EX Guard" ?
Instant block. You hit back right as the attack is about to hit you. It recovers guard meter. And it DOES work while in autoguard, so stuff like EX Flametongue and Spinny plant can be partly EX guarded by mashing back while the attack is going on.

I like how that maids player didn't even try mixups while the opponent was in lockdown and just mashed 5C hoping they would get guard broken.