When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Is this a usefull//useless Sion Reset?  (Read 3140 times)

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Is this a usefull//useless Sion Reset?
« on: March 23, 2008, 04:29:31 PM »
Basically the timing is strict ... I'm not to sure if its useful or not ... ppl with enough reaction time should be able to notice it, but it has one of those wtf factors attached to it.  Yes I know the combo can be improved on ...

I'm not to sure if this has been used in a match vid or not ... I certainly haven't seen it done before.
See http://www.megaupload.com/?d=K4D09IG7 ... My comp is crap so I cant record vids.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
Re: Is this a usefull//useless Sion Reset?
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 05:09:56 PM »
Can you explain it? I'm having trouble downloading that megaupload. It says the file is temporarily unavailable.
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline YAT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • ふぁ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 05:59:45 PM »
It's the reverse 214B off of 5[C] thing (where 214B puts them behind you); too unsafe/unreliable imo
タマッチーーーーーーーーン オナに オナニ ンンヌキッ センズリィィィィィィィィィ コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ ピュウウウウウウウウウウ! ぽてちん

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 06:09:34 PM »
It's the reverse 214B off of 5[C] thing (where 214B puts them behind you); too unsafe/unreliable imo
Ah, that's actually completely reliable and useful for a reset opportunity though. Because you basically have a guaranteed combo off of 214b 5b 5c launch etc.

That kind of situation would more likely confuse your opponent. Depending on who you are up against, whether or not they have a tendency to mash plays a significant role in how you should handle this situation.

If your opponent has a tendency to mash buttons, a delayed 5b should net you a counter-hit reset. However, if you are playing against someone who tends to block more, an overhead right now would be the most appropriate way to ensure a reset. If they start to see it coming, 2C is also a viable and fairly safe option even on block.

Of course, this all assumes you know that it's coming. If you don't see it, or you're not sure if it's going to happen, your best bet would be to do a 5b hit confirm into combo depending on which side they end up in.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 06:26:33 PM by magz »
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline philco

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 06:27:05 PM »
Ah, that's actually completely reliable and useful for a reset opportunity though. Because you basically have a guaranteed combo off of 214b 5b 5c launch etc.

That kind of situation would more likely confuse your opponent. Depending on who you are up against, whether or not they have a tendency to mash plays a significant role in how you should handle this situation.

If your opponent has a tendency to mash buttons, a delayed 5b should net you a counter-hit reset. However, if you are playing against someone who tends to block more, an overhead right now would be the most appropriate way to insure a reset.

Of course, this all assumes you know that it's coming. If you don't see it, or you're not sure if it's going to happen, your best bet would be to do a 5b hit confirm into combo depending on which side they end up in.

Megaupload seems to be doing server maintenance as of now

Well the way I see it, I'm still going to perform the same combo no matter which direction the character goes, either in front of me or behind me.  I can time this combo and get it about 7/10 times now but in match play, prob 3 times out of 10 ... I only started to learn how to time it correctly.  The thing is ... if the person realizes that its a reset, I loose about 2000 dmg potential and the possibility of an overhead reset if I decide to go for it (provided the character lands in front).  As of now I'm trying to find little tricks for Sion resets as I find that the overhead tends to be un-reliable due to heavy mashers and high priority characters.  Moreover, for online play I find that I cant pressure with Sion due to the lag.  I know its not much but I still feel it.  Arcades ftw.

Offline YAT

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • ふぁ~
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 23, 2008, 06:49:58 PM »
Meh it still seems a bit iffy to me, if you get it accidentally it's way too easy to drop the combo completely and you end up in the corner to boot.  I'm sure fans of crazy gimmicks would disagree though  =P
タマッチーーーーーーーーン オナに オナニ ンンヌキッ センズリィィィィィィィィィ コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ☆コリ ピュウウウウウウウウウウ! ぽてちん

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #6 on: March 23, 2008, 07:15:59 PM »
Meh it still seems a bit iffy to me, if you get it accidentally it's way too easy to drop the combo completely and you end up in the corner to boot.  I'm sure fans of crazy gimmicks would disagree though  =P
I agree. Crazy gimmicks are for the birds.