hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Breakdown: Nanaya CMV  (Read 3412 times)

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
Breakdown: Nanaya CMV
« on: June 29, 2008, 04:04:18 PM »
I'm back with a new video. I'm sure you all missed me and my silly Nanaya. :prinny:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O5RmJX6W7-o

First to note, I got fraps and it is wonderful. ;D

Youtube killed my fun a bit by cutting the quality as well as desyncing the video from the music so I decided to try and mess with youtube by shifting the music a bit. >_> I ask that you watch the high quality version. :)

Youtube is also dumb because for some reason there is a volume increase at about 1:08 and 1:59 in the video. The volume quickly normalizes, but it's still weird and annoying. It's especially strange because when I watch the original on my computer, that doesn't occur. :-\ I tried a couple times to reduce the volume of those two parts and reupload, and the result was the same odd volume increases, so I gave up on that. >_>

Download for those who want to see what the video is like BeForU(tube). :bleh:

http://www.mediafire.com/?kcwct22xqgt

Comments and criticism welcome. ^_^

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
Re: Breakdown: Nanaya CMV
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2008, 04:26:31 AM »
Too bad BeForU had disbanded.

Questionable choice of music, but decent CMV. Keep it up.
« Last Edit: June 30, 2008, 06:49:02 AM by Alfonse »
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2008, 01:35:06 PM »
Thanks! :)

I chose Breakdown because it seemed like a better song to use than Temen-ni-gru Drive from Devil May Cry 3. :V

And also, this video is sort of like a tribute to TaMa. His Nanaya and Melty Blood combo videos impressed me greatly. Something I noticed is that his combo videos use music either by BeForU or by Kosaka Riyu, who's apart of BeForU. So I decided to use another BeForU song. However I'll admit that Breakdown doesn't exactly fit as well as Scenario or KI-SE-KI since it's tone is a little too lively and carefree, as opposed to the darker(?) and more intense sound of the other two.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 04, 2008, 07:19:48 AM »
mmm, it suffers from a lack of variety because every combo is on the same stage against the same character, so it feels really "samey". In future try to mix that up a lot.
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN

Offline LordPangTong

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 54
  • We troll hard
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 04, 2008, 08:03:32 AM »
Pretty cool AD setups in there. Though I'll agree with Sabator, some of the combos looked very very similar, and it would have been nice to see a different stage.

Very nice sprite work though, I wish I knew how to do that...  :P
<justzar> great anime <3

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2008, 08:11:10 AM »
mmm, it suffers from a lack of variety because every combo is on the same stage against the same character, so it feels really "samey". In future try to mix that up a lot.

There isn't really much you can do with Nanaya's knife and feet shenanigans.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline liger

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2008, 08:41:14 AM »
Ahahah, I was thinking that a bit after I finished it. That's probably something I should have kept from my last video. Thanks for the tip. =)

A friend also mentioned that I probably should have also done some of the combos so that the movement would go from right to left sometimes, instead of always left to right.

Pretty cool AD setups in there. Though I'll agree with Sabator, some of the combos looked very very similar, and it would have been nice to see a different stage.

Very nice sprite work though, I wish I knew how to do that...  :P
Hehe, thanks! ^_^ I like the AD setups because they're so needlessly flashy and impractical, which makes them fun to watch. ;D Some of them took forever for me to pull off, though, like the last combo. TaMa makes it look so easy. @_@

As for the sprite work, it wasn't too hard, just really time consuming. @_@ I would take each still shot from the game by using print screen and then edit them in paint if needed, like with the intro 1, 2, 3, 4 stances. After that, I'd put em into windows media player frame by frame and sync them to match the music as best as possible.

There isn't really much you can do with Nanaya's knife and feet shenanigans.
Yeah, Nanaya's combo's are generally of the same nature, mostly ending in double j.BC to air grab. But the parts leading to that vary and make it more interesting. =)

Hehe, shenanigans. ;D