When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Feb 4-6th NJ Deathburger United Round Robin and Casuals  (Read 2424 times)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Last Edit: February 11, 2011, 07:52:54 AM by AnFox »
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline yui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • crescent moon crunch
    • View Profile
Re: Feb 4-6th NJ Deathburger United Round Robin and Casuals
« Reply #2 on: February 12, 2011, 03:05:21 PM »
i literally got up, checked meltybread, started watching these, and now my whole day is basically gone.   :emo:

good matches, though, everyone.
ehrik's wara especially. great play from a character i pretty much forgot was in the game until now.

also if you ever read this, rokunaya, i have a few suggestions but they are just my conjecture so feel free to tl;dr all this.
imo you should use 5bb combos more midscreen since they generally net more damage and you dont really get any oki from most midscreen 5c bnbs anyway.

and after sj.22 crossup in the corner you should lose the 623. i think you're giving up way too much damage for oki.
if, instead of: 2b2c5c623xx (on v sion this gets like 2.5k after fastfall),
you ran: 2b5c2c214b 2a5c j.bc sdj.bca airthrow (4280 on v sion after fastfall)
you would do almost twice as much  and still re-corner the opponent.
its not great oki, but if done correctly it still leaves you close enough to the opponent to connect with 2b5c if they try to poke/jump out (depends on enemy wakeup speed) and also 5a/throw option select which, if done early as possible, WILL catch ryougis holding [7] on wakeup.

and that's all i can think of. oh and maybe mixup 5a reverse beats with 22c occasionally for less rebeat damage penalties. please don't feel like i'm singling you out or anything. i'm just offering my perspective if you want it and i don't really know what to suggest for other characters that were played in those matches, not playing them and all...
anyway good shit. i look forward to seeing your matches in the future.
"Who do you main in MB?"
"Claw Iori"

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 12, 2011, 03:16:36 PM »
Yeah over that weekend I was prioritizing Oki over damage, experimenting how Nanaya with Oki can be. It feels good, but I should target for damage more.

...That said, who are you anyway?
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline yui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • crescent moon crunch
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 12, 2011, 03:29:10 PM »
...That said, who are you anyway?

lol what? i'm not sure what you mean. i'm not secretly someone you know or anything. haha
i'm just a fan of 2d fighters in general and i've been on and off into melty blood since aa showed up at ctf.
i went to the bbg before the last one but showed up too late to enter so i can match some player's names to faces.
"Who do you main in MB?"
"Claw Iori"