hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: How to Convert UStream's FLVs Into Usable Video  (Read 5069 times)

Offline S-Blade

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • melty blade player
    • View Profile
How to Convert UStream's FLVs Into Usable Video
« on: November 14, 2009, 11:46:38 PM »
This is mostly for the fair number of us who are streaming matches, training mode, whatever it may be to each other over ustream. It doesn't take too long to discover that, when you choose to download the FLV straight from ustream, it turns out that they use a disgusting audio codec that's hard to convert from and isn't open source etc.etc. it fucking sucks for us, and the only use the FLV has on its own is uploading to fucking facebook. However, after some serious searching around and toying around, I found a way to convert long-ass-session-video into a usable, completely synced AVI that can be edited however you choose, split up into seperate matches or smaller parts to be uploaded to youtube, put onto your portable music/video player, and all the other wonderful things that you can possibly do with a video file in common codecs. It's kind of long and roundabout, but the end result is worth it.

Quick and Dirty:

You convert it with VLC (yes VLC), likely to MPEG-4, and then convert that into AVI.

Breaking it down:

1. Downloading the FLV

Ustream -> My Shows -> My Videos -> find it, scroll down -> Download: .FLV -> Save link/target as....

2. Converting with VLC

VLC Media Player (make sure you've got the latest) -> File -> Convert and Save... -> fill in the FLV, destination file -> for Profile, technically it doesn't matter what you pick, but you'll probably want "Video - MPEG-4 + AAC (MP4)". Click Start.

You'll know it's going if in the status box at the bottom, it says Streaming, and you see the time of the video ticking away just to the right of that. Be patient, this is all the feedback you get (i.e. no window with all the lovely command line shit)

3. Converting into AVI

Find a converter for whatever file type you picked for the Profile (mp4 in this case) into AVI, and throw in the newly converted file that VLC gave you into it. I used Pazera and it worked great. Obviously I can't give real instructions here because there are hundreds of ways to do this.

And there you have it! A nice video, with great quality (well as great as your webcam and mic or whatever you streamed in the first place) fully editable so that you split it up into parts and throw it on youtube and show everyone your hot mixups/setup/pressure that you did in training mode or whatever the hell you were actually streaming.

The most practical use of all of this:

Video capture (webcam) + Audio capture (mic) + Laptop + Internet = Live stream of a tournament, with videos (of the stream) up on YouTube in no time.

have fun!
"HERE'S A NEW TECHNIQUE - STOP BEING A RETARDED FAGGOT" -SprtJuice on smash scene

<kijea> im like really sad life faggot

Offline greatcityness

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Re: How to Convert UStream's FLVs Into Usable Video
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2015, 06:22:51 AM »
You may also try this way to download and save Ustream Videos to your PC, Ipad, Iphone, Cell Phone, PSP, MP3 player with one-click at http://www.allavsoft.com/how-to/ustream-downloader.html.