hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC CMV Preview  (Read 12178 times)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
MBAACC CMV Preview
« on: February 04, 2014, 05:09:20 PM »
I'm planning to make a legit combo movie for my next project instead of the normal character tutorials I usually make.

Here is a sample I put together: http://youtu.be/_5RAiBYhL4I

I don't think I know enough combos with enough character variety to make this. I also think that getting people involved could produce interesting results, so I'm asking for help.

If you have a combo that you think is CMV worthy, record a replay dummy in game, and PM me the replay file, so I can record and edit it. The combos can be anything that you think is cool, that is not something you see every day in a match vid. I also might need other info like screen positioning, or a preferred opponent character, or stage, or starting meter amount, ect.

If you wish to submit a combo, don't post it in here. That defeats the purpose of the combo video... PM the dummy replay file to me. If you don't know how to use training mode to record dummy replays, or don't know where they are saved, just ask in here, and I'll walk you through it.

The song is a modified version of Into The Light by Gareth Emery Feat Mark Frisch -  (Alex M.O.R.P.H. Remix). The original song is a little too long for what I want, but I found a version that someone else already edited down that works for what I want. So, I'm going to use it.

Ultimately, decisions on what is included and how it's edited are mine to make.

Bottom line is that I'm going to do this, and it'll get done when it's done. I'll likely scrutinize every frame, multiple times before release. I have a job that consumes my time, so I will be working on this in my spare time. I am not a professional editor, but I've been doing things like this for a while now.

If you have suggestions for the sample footage I posted above, please share. I'm not really interested in suggestions about the combo content, but things like the sound, effects, resolution, aspect ratio, music, footage quality, ect.

Anyways, if you are hype for a combo movie, then please participate by submitting a combo!

Thanks,

-NC TexasTim-

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
Re: MBAACC CMV Preview
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2014, 10:44:15 AM »
Good luck!  I'm actually terrible at coming up w/flashy stuff so I don't think I can help  :gonk:
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2014, 06:13:52 PM »
I'll see if I can come up with something
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2014, 08:23:28 AM »
I'd like to contribute but all I have are really long bnbs with as many extenders tacked on to it as possible.   ;D

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 06, 2014, 10:28:58 AM »
I can probably throw in some C & H Hisui nonsense. You have a deadline for obtaining replays?
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 06, 2014, 05:35:07 PM »
You have a deadline for obtaining replays?

No deadline. It will likely take me a while to complete this project. At your convenience sir, send em my way. It'll be done when it's done.

On a side note, I'm trying to get legit copies of Carnival Phantasm. I've seen a couple episodes, and I know that there are a couple scenes I'd like to use. If anyone knows a place to get them, let me know. I really don't wana rip from a shitty source, like youtube, or some other streaming service, or buy the obvious bootleg DVD box sets from Malaysia. A quality source makes a quality edit. ;)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 08, 2014, 06:55:50 PM »
I checked amazon before I posted, season 2 is not for sale on amazon. At least 2 of the episodes I want to use footage from are from that one. $97 used for season 3, ...

Again, ...

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 09, 2014, 08:35:53 AM »
Never had to use a forwarding service before on amazon.jp, only on jp ebay and yahoo auctions. But, like you, it's been years since I've used them. Shipping alone will cost $30, the service charges are usually a minimum + % of item's cost. They are just barely competitive with retail mark-ups for imported goods in the US.

Well, thanks for the info anyways. I was hoping that ppl knew sites that sell anime that weren't the standard amazon/ebay stuff i already checked.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2014, 01:40:52 PM »
Just a reminder to those who thought they might contribute to not forget to actually contribute. :P

I'm at a point where I don't really have any more combo ideas to try. Currently, i have about 2 min of footage, I need around 4:18 to fill out the song i chose. It makes no since for me to start syncing to music i might not have enough footage to fill. As it stands now, 1/2 is h-vshi, and 1/4 is f-warc... seeing only 2 chars for the most part does not make for a hype cmv... :-\

So just a reminder. Anyone can participate. I'm in a holding pattern until i have more footage. I'll prolly wait a couple months, and issue out reminders. Then I'll have to change my music choice to something shorter.

Thanks to those who have already contributed. I want moar plz...

-NC TexasTim-
« Last Edit: February 24, 2014, 01:42:40 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline KFL

• NTRs dakimakuras
  • Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 24, 2014, 03:28:03 PM »
Made a few unhype 30 sec combos with c-arc. I'll send it to you later tonight.

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • No longer free, just relatively inexpesive
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 16, 2014, 09:33:48 PM »
I got a C-Ryougi 600% Meter Combo. I PM'd you the file so have fun with that  :V :V

If you like it, I can make more. I always have some random ideas I like testing out.
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2014, 09:35:37 AM »
Thanks for contributing. :D
Although I'm not totally against it, I'd prefer it if the combos submitted adhered to the game mechanics. So combos that don't require unlimited meter to work. Please do keep submitting combos if you have more ideas. It would help me out a lot.

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2014, 10:58:21 AM »
Ah, I see what you mean. Yeah, I can make some that adhere to the actual game and not my fantasies of an unlimited metered Ryougi  :toot: When I get a little bit of free time tonight I'll bang some out and send them your way.
The person for you to be afraid of is some ignorant antagonist who has never had a controller in his hand before; he doesn't do the thing he ought to do, and so the expert isn't prepared for him; he does the thing he ought not to do: and often it catches the expert out and ends him on the spot.

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: March 18, 2014, 09:01:01 AM »
Im not very creative,  :psyduck:

but i'll see if i can send some silly vakiha and tohno stuff your way.
<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 19, 2014, 08:21:20 PM »
I got a C-Ryougi Combo.

i'll see if i can send some silly vakiha and tohno stuff your way.

I can tell by both your choice of dummies, colors, and stages that you must play each other a lot...

In other news: Another reminder to submit a combo if you want to. Time is running out. Not from any actual limit I put on it, but because I only need about 20-30 seconds worth of footage before I fill up my time line, and can therefore start editing, syncing, ect.

I'll let ppl know when I start editing the footage. Don't let that stop you from submitting though. There are several combos of mine that I would prefer to replace for various reasons (mostly b/c I have a lot of combos from a certain group of chars, or similar combo paths that are slightly different, ect.)

Thanks to those who have already taken the time to submit combos. Your work is appreciated. Hopefully, I can do a minimum of editing, and still produce something entertaining, that doesn't take like months to produce. Think I'm going to scrap my ideas for scoping shit from type-moon related animes for this, since that is very time consuming, but... We'll see.

-NC TexasTim-

Offline The505

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • #maidsports
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 20, 2014, 06:08:55 AM »
I can tell by both your choice of dummies, colors, and stages that you must play each other a lot...
Alot is an understantment. We've been playing that matchup almost daily for 3 years now.  :laffo:

<Killfiend> God I love melty
<Killfiend> So much comeback potential,yet it doesnt really on retarded mechanics like xfactor and ultras

Offline Airthrows

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 20, 2014, 09:33:32 AM »
Alot is an understantment. We've been playing that matchup almost daily for 3 years now.  :laffo:

Yep, I see those colors in my sleep  :laffo:

I finally got some time away from work and the girlfriend to make 3 combos that I think are pretty funny/dumb so once I get home, I'll send it off to you.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 22, 2014, 02:52:52 PM »
I have the time line filled and synced, more or less. Now I just need to do some editing for transitions and such. Maybe do some time consuming stuff, we'll see.

Thanks to everyone who contributed so far. If anyone else has combos to contribute, there are still one or two combos of mine that I'd like to replace with something else, and I was thinking of having combos playing during the credits portion I'm going to make at the end. So there is still room for combo submissions. ;)

-NC TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 30, 2014, 08:41:31 AM »
For those that have submitted combos to me this last week, if I haven't responded to you, I apologize. It's not because I'm ignoring you. Last week was just very busy at work. I had several 12+ hour days.

Anyways, I've used some of the combos submitted last week. I think I have the time line totally done now. I just have to make an outro/credits section for the end.

I think I'm not going to implement fancy transitions, as this would delay release a lot. I've decided to keep it simple: cross fades, very little effects. Just timing and sync (I hope...) and melty combos.

A couple more weeks prolly and I'll have a finished vid to show.  :D

-NC TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 21, 2014, 06:21:46 PM »
Just a quick update.

I am still working on the vid.
I procrastinated for like 3 weeks, and got no work done, but I am working on the outro and credits now.
Work is busy, so progress is slow, but I will get this done soon.

-NC TexasTim-