When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Money Match - Choco vs hdphnz  (Read 16691 times)

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: Money Match - Choco vs hdphnz
« Reply #50 on: April 27, 2007, 01:22:44 PM »
Well really the problem I have with the BnB at this point is the iad after the 5B. Some people say they iad by doing 696, others literally just do 966, but for me I just haven't gotten the hang of it yet ._.

And I can understand being weary of playing Zar / Sp00ky, but Veteru hasn't played the game for an entire year now, noone's ever seen matches of him, and only a handful of people at EVO and yourself have ever played him, so what's to worry about :P? I'd love to see if this guy's a hidden beast or not, but noone really knows about that.

:mystery:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 17
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: April 27, 2007, 01:27:08 PM »
Yeah, IAD in arcana is way off form like, anyother game. I understand if you have trouble with it, as I did for a bit too, until I figured it out. I just have to do it really deliberately and slowlike and it comes out all the time.As for me playing more than you, that is debateable. I've probably put about 500-1000en only into the game, so I really haven't played all that much, the combos are just very easy/free in my opinion, comming from games like Melty and GG.

I'll MM EC people too, I don't care. The point I was trying to make is that I am confident enough to think I could beat any one in Cali to 10 matches. I don't have the same kind of confidence with Zar/Sp00k/Vet, but I would still be up for some do-or-die stuff vs them :P I think I'm gonna be playing a lot of GG MM's though trying to get my name out though. Jam is slowly encroaching into the place in my heart for the delicous flat chest.

whoa man you sound so tough with your confidence

Cali is very new to Melty Blood, its like youre challenging a baby to a fist fight. but by the time you come to the US, we will be good enough to beat you to 10.

Offline Hintalove

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Conquering Japan, one cabinet at a time
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: April 27, 2007, 01:36:26 PM »
I'm just tired of getting randomly hated on by some stupid Canadian.

Chibi: I do it the normal 96, just like evry other game, just the timing is way more deliberate/slow.
http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l82/kiwiishungry/omfg.jpg
Ai ga areba heiwa da to dareka ga kuchi ni shiteita
Someone said that "As long as there's love, all will be peaceful"

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #53 on: April 27, 2007, 01:37:52 PM »
96 doesn't work, the game needs to read two fowards for an iads.

:psyduck:
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline THIS IS LEO

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • DR. CONDUCTOR
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: April 27, 2007, 01:54:57 PM »
yeah cali sucks  :emo:

Offline Hintalove

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 27, 2007, 08:38:32 PM »
yeah, but the interpreter is wierd and doesn't ned a neutral in there so if you just hit [9]6 then you should get it. I guess there is the posibility of me rolling up to 9 from 6 subconciously or something ?? I guess, but I do that, I do it in every other game too because I input it the same as my GG/MB iad, but slower.

Offline pherai

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 25
    • View Profile
    • pherai.net
« Reply #56 on: April 27, 2007, 11:31:15 PM »
whoa man you sound so tough with your confidence

Cali is very new to Melty Blood, its like youre challenging a baby to a fist fight

Seriously. Generally you challenge people to money matches to prove you are better than someone, but no one from Cali has ever claimed to be better than you (Hintalove), or just about anyone else for that matter. We are well aware we aren't very good. I know the criticism is to help us, but if someone had tried to help you in a game you were new to, then ended all their tips with "but seriously, I'll money match you or any of your friends!" you would probably feel insulted too.
I heard anime expo isn't going to be that good this year...

Offline Hintalove

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: April 28, 2007, 07:01:56 AM »
Yeah, the bit towards Cali was because I misunderstood who Clear Sky was. When he said one of the scrubs "here" I thought he was referring to Cali, and thusly I made the previous statement. The only reason I made said statement was because Clear Sky said that random scrubs could beat me, so obviously I have to defend my self in a situation like that, right?

Any way, I have nothing against any of you guys, except for random people like Clear who love to get up in my face, and as has been said, comments were aimed at helping the satsukis involved in this whole fiasco. You guys should have a rematch though, so we can see the progress.

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: April 28, 2007, 12:34:46 PM »
oh cmon you guys are always saying shit then taking it back

when you said anyone in Cali you meant ANYONE in Cali. are you not confident anymore?

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 10006
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: April 28, 2007, 11:43:19 PM »
my bad jr.s  but i find it odd that you are instigating some shit.  but good for you!
The Donkey Punch... It's so bad.

For someone who doesn't visit the boards anymore, I'm a post whore.

Offline juniorSantos

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: April 29, 2007, 02:37:50 AM »
oh yeah yeah khiem, dont make me angry in real life either. you might see my true self

Offline IamtehSEX

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 10006
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: April 29, 2007, 09:13:54 AM »
my bad hulk.
The Donkey Punch... It's so bad.

For someone who doesn't visit the boards anymore, I'm a post whore.

Offline Nas

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • NOEL GETTIN IN DAT ASS
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: April 29, 2007, 09:48:14 AM »
good shit to hdphnz

love to see the next... cuse sacchin's awsome...

*starts singing "don't worry, Be happy"*
Basically... kind of a big deal....

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: April 29, 2007, 09:26:07 PM »
Hintalove, I'm not complaining about your critiques. I'm talking about things like this:

Maybe they're just banking on American AH being able to harness the broke enough to win. Oh wait, AH full is comming out and going to be played at SBO. Lol, gg America, not even Kamui can save you now.

and this:

You can't learn how to pressure consistantly by watching match vids or in training mode, you can only learn that shit in the arcade(or basement, in the case of America, lolz).

Taking potshots at our scenes doesn't really sit well with me, because it ain't our fault that the scene sucks so much, if you honestly would want to call it a scene at all. All I can say is thank god that MB got an arcade/console release, because without it the game wouldn't have had the amount of exposure and accessibility that it has, and so we wouldn't have a lot of the very little amount of players we have. Maybe if we have the crazy resources like Japan has, and if America wasn't so bloody huge, the skill level in our scene would be much more better. That is why I have a problem with you.

Yeah, the bit towards Cali was because I misunderstood who Clear Sky was. When he said one of the scrubs "here" I thought he was referring to Cali, and thusly I made the previous statement. The only reason I made said statement was because Clear Sky said that random scrubs could beat me, so obviously I have to defend my self in a situation like that, right?

Any way, I have nothing against any of you guys, except for random people like Clear who love to get up in my face, and as has been said, comments were aimed at helping the satsukis involved in this whole fiasco. You guys should have a rematch though, so we can see the progress.

When I said scrubs here, I meant North American players because I don't live in Cali obviously, and anyone outside of Zar/Spooky/Vet, since that's how you seem to view how skilled you are, because playing in Japan means you can become a fighting game god overnight. I think there quite a couple of other players than them that can convincingly beat you, and I am even confident that you can even lose to the likes of me, so that's why I'm willing to bet it. Take it as an insult and personal all you want, but I really don't care.
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 03, 2007, 01:24:02 AM »
Thanks for posting the match, I enjoyed watching even though it was a mirror match :).

Random side note: the competition in Japan is insane. I was visiting Japan when I first got addicted to the game and saw firsthand the skills of players in Club Sega Akihabara, Tokyo. They had at least 32 machines on one of the floors just by my visual memory (no I didn't think to count them at the time). I saw a few combos dropped total in an hour. I tried it and got perfect'd repeatedly XD. That said, of course those in California (that includes me) won't be able to practice anywhere remotely close the the amount of time that players in Japan get to. Practice against the computer and training mode mean nearly nothing, especially when many of us are still stuck with Re-ACT.
Hinatalove, there is nothing wrong with providing feedback on how to improve, but the way you stated it came off more like an attack on us. It felt like you didn't really take into consideration how often we even get to play other humans, and our opponents skill level.

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #65 on: July 03, 2007, 12:30:34 PM »
They had at least 32 machines on one of the floors just by my visual memory
wow...
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Light

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • KenjiX
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 10, 2007, 08:48:52 PM »
Unfortunately, looks like I won't be able to make it to this year's Evo. Though I'm still down to MM you if you ever come back to Portland. Give me a shout if you do...
♪ Fairy Tale Transparently ♪
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SKjB_mk_so