hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Nicovideo download  (Read 3113 times)

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
Nicovideo download
« on: December 19, 2007, 02:17:26 AM »
What kind of magic do I need to master so I can save videos from Niconico?

bookmark method
Make a bookmark in your toolbar (by right-clicking and clicking 'New Bookmark') with the following command (see next block of text and copypasta into 'Location') and click on it when you wish to download videos. Remember, there's no word wrap here on lines without spaces (this is dumb) so use the scrollbar or maximize your window if your resolution is big enough.

javascript:var b=document.body;if(b){void(z=document.createElement('script'));void(z.src='http://nicopon.jp/js/get_video.js');void(b.appendChild(z));}

user javascript method
smiledownloader.user.js (2007/07/18, build28)

For use with Firefox(Greasemonkey), Safari(Creammonkey), Opera(User JavaScript), Internet Explorer(Trixie), and Sleipnir(SeaHorse).

whoah magic
Look above the video! The title has kind of changed and there's a download button! The title of the video is now a form, letting you edit it as you wish (so you can use it as your filename).  The flv will automatically be downloaded as "smile.flv" so you should rename it as "copypastatitle.flv" and banzai!

visual reference of the magic in action

How do I open flv files?
You can Google for a player but if you have the latest Media Player Classic (CCCP), that'll work.

Credits
This magic is thanks to nicopon.jp
« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 02:27:35 AM by Dakanya »
thundering waterfalls

Offline Soniti

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • 。。。
    • View Profile
Re: Nicovideo download
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 11:52:56 AM »
I use the DownloadHelper extension for Firefox. It supports Youtube, Nicovideo, and tons of other flash video streaming sites.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 03:57:46 PM »
DownloadHelper seems to work. It didn't list Nicovideo as a supported site actually, but it works. It seems to take longer to startup the download though.
thundering waterfalls

Offline Keith

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 15
  • Back from the dead, hell yeah!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 05:16:33 PM »
Heh, I've used the Greasemonkey script since a long time ago. I usually use it if I want to rip QUALITY audio from a vid. Download the FLV, use FLV extractor on it, tell it to rip audio only.
Running H-Kohaku, and I don't want to stop.
Graced by the presence of His Wongness as he ly ped from the heavens and stole everyone's cash.

Offline rashreflection

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 25, 2007, 06:56:14 PM »
Many, many thanks for this!  It's helped me a lot with all sorts of things...

However, I was wondering, can you just not download certain videos?  There are a couple longer series of matches for Real Bout 2 that I have been trying forever to grab, and it gives me a 403 error every single time!  Any help would be appreciated. =)

Thanks,
Josh.