When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: OMG, Swedish Matchvids.  (Read 4211 times)

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
OMG, Swedish Matchvids.
« on: July 11, 2007, 07:56:26 AM »
Well, though it may not be too much I managed to find a matchvid me and Caer recorded a while back (and I mean a really long while back) and I felt the urge to post it.

Now the match is a best out of 5 match between my Warc and his Nanaya. Unfortunatly the whole bonanza is about 12mins long and encoded 220mb piece of swedish top-melty action. But since youtube only allows up to 10min, I will settle for just the decisive 5th match. If you guys want, I can put the whole vid on my websites server but if you guys are all "meh, sux del plz" I wont bother  ;D

With that said, please enjoy some of swedens best meltyblood-players (and guiltygear-players to, if that matters) battle it out for the right to say "seventh heaven is mine!".

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bm0CuuXjj1Y

Post-match comments:
My ume-ex-grab didn´t come out as ume as I hoped them to be.[/quote]

-

Feel free to comment, I have some moneymatches coming up so I guess I could need the advice :toot: Even though that vid is from march. (It was the only vid I had on my computor and i´m at my parrents place over the summer to work work work).
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
Re: OMG, Swedish Matchvids.
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2007, 08:20:40 AM »
You guys are pretty good, and what a fast paced match too.

I'd love to see the rest of the set.

:V
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2007, 08:22:07 AM »
Warc was never really scary, kinda just jump back/IAD forward into j.b and sometimes got combos.   Did it enough in R2 to win it.  Nanaya was robotically 2c 5c 5aing the entire match.  If warc was more adventerous could've done some shield bunker (cancels) and tagged Nanaya for having no variation. 

Both of you seem to have your combos down so no complaints about that. 

Warc, I really would've tried to bait that last arc at least once before REALLY attacking.  =p 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2007, 08:53:36 AM »
Hehe, yeah like I said, not to pro but still. At least some of the basics where down. This match was before I wrote the guide at the Warc-board and thus before I found out about Warcs +-0 pressure, so I guess it was all about the IAD´ing and some random airbackdash Bloodrings  :)

http://www.rimfrozt.com/melty/mbac-7th-hvn-caer-v-shinjin.avi

.. if you inspite of linalys words want to see the whole match, feel free to download. I´ll try too mix it up some more next time.

Oh, and well.. I did counter this 2c 5c-spamm with a dodgemove into combo. And the last-arc thing... I dont really remember, but I would have guessed that I was just hoping that I would hit him before he had recovered :P (stupid idea).

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2007, 09:34:08 AM »
It's not like I'm insulting you guys.  It's honest criticism for a mv posted up on the boards.

I'm assuming you guys would like that sort of thing, unless you want me to say something vague and useless.  I can do that too!  =p

It was a good match, went back and forth, it was amazing to see that last arc because Nanaya's last arc looks so awesome.  Good match guys! 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2007, 09:43:37 AM »
Hehe, its okay dude. I didn't really take it as an insult, though reading my post now it sure does seem like it  :P I appreciate the criticism.

Anyways, Caer used his encoding skills to put the vids down to 60mb. So download if you want. Though the u2b-round is probably the most exciting one. Same url as the one posted above.

Offline Caer

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2007, 09:51:21 AM »
Aww, I want to play Melty again. It seems like ages ago now. Most fun match we've had so far I think, though that epic best of 37 one was quite a sight as well  :V

And yeah I really need variation. I haven't played enough for it to come naturally, so whenever I stop concentrating it goes down the drain. I'm also really impatient when I get stuck in the corner, and tend to commit suicide while trying to get out. But I'll get there in the end. Just gotta get my GGAC together for the summer tourneys, and then get me someone to actually play this with. =p

Offline badguy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 21, 2007, 10:23:43 AM »
both of you guys are phenomenal players. caer you are like my idol for both guilty gear and now melty blood, be sure to start a scene there and start having ranbats  :fap:

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Talk to the cello, bitch.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2007, 05:04:28 AM »
I don't do VS really so take my advice with a grain of salt. ;)

Just commenting on Warc mostly, you need to catch with those ground tech punishes a lot more. I don't know if its just getting practice with the timing or if you're not trying hard, if its the former, keep up the practice. Ground tech punishes is one of Warc's big things.

I also saw a few air counterhits that lead into nothing. I would just practice those in practice mode in MBAC pc, turn on counterhit mode and jump on the CPU and pratice execution with that a bit. 2c5c into air bnb.

j.214c is a fun thing to end a combo with, but I don't really see much point in doing it unless you're max and almost out of it, because then the following OTG lets you get some more meter after you return to 200.

More IAD pressure would be nice, if you do a normal jump into pressure, try to work on air dashing after a hit into another overhead. Of course, don't spam it, mix it up with low hits.

Also, another trick to throw out, I didn't see it mentioned in your Warc thread - 5c into 623c. 5c is a move with a large range and it comes out pretty fast, so it can be a decent move to use after a 5a cancel when an opponent might try to escape from the corner. If the 5c connects, you go into 623c, then you can teleport over and punish their tech or get some otg hits on them if they don't tech.

Your execution was really great for combos though, and you have a solid handle on the character. Nice match. :)
« Last Edit: August 22, 2007, 05:10:30 AM by Sledeau »