When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: East Coast Deathburger casuals  (Read 7989 times)

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 70
  • 236c
    • View Profile
East Coast Deathburger casuals
« on: August 19, 2007, 07:45:20 PM »
http://www.meltybread.com/replays/CP-EC-Deathburger(08-19-07).zip

Featuring Zaelar, Idiot because I can't spell mastr right right now chibi, Zar the bisquick, and WAXAQshinor.

Mini round robin half casual half tournament.  Also has a white len/warachia hentai replay.

Zar using Shiki, Zaelar using Ciel, Chbi using Hisui, Zack using Mechsui.

Edit: Fixed link.
« Last Edit: August 19, 2007, 09:30:14 PM by Zaelar »

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • Magic Circuits: 123
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
Re: East Coast Deathburger casuals
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2007, 09:04:32 PM »
hey, can you rename them as CP-EC-Deathburger(08-19-07).zip instead? otherwise it's just "EC" with nothing else to identify it.
<bellreisa> arly *has* given up 3s
<bellreisa> retired it anyways
<linalys> no he hasn't
<linalys> it lives on in crouch shield
<proxyZAR> and it will die there too lol

Offline AnFox

• DEATHTRAP EXPERT
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • Yip Yip Yap
    • View Profile
    • twitta
« Reply #2 on: August 19, 2007, 09:15:59 PM »
You mean you guys actually have something going after I left?  >:(

Next time I'm going to have that burger with two eggs!
(GenericSuperhero) zar what's your ethnicity
(justEXPOSED) GenericSuperhero: salt

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 19, 2007, 09:29:31 PM »
Renamed.

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 19, 2007, 09:30:59 PM »
barriers suck dix

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #5 on: August 19, 2007, 11:13:09 PM »
I really like Zar and XAQ's stuff, even if it isn't their feared primary characters. Zar has really good heat [baiting] radar, and counterhit jetpacks are LOLWTF :V
<linalys> no he hasn't

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #6 on: August 20, 2007, 02:10:50 AM »
The return of XAQ's Mech-HISUI, wooo!!

XAQ vs. Chibi 1.  Lovin' that Touhou Sakuya color.  noticed your 5b6c -> air bnb after jetpack CH.  I do 2b6c - I'll have to check which does more damage

XAQ vs. Chibi 2.  Mysterious Time Out!  The EX laser, is that to catch people who commit to a jump in attack?  I've tried EX lightning for that, but I've had mixed results.  perhaps I will try EX laser instead

Zaelar vs. XAQ 1.  Now this was educational.   I'm not doing any resets at all.  I'll have to start doing 'em every once in awhile.  Didn't know about EX laser's invicibility frames, used for countering projectiles... and now I know not to end blockstrings with missiles vs. Ciel.  The Ciel I play with doesn't punish my missile blockstring enders with EX hiero.  Nice patience on round two.  You were getting thrown left and right, but you kept your cool and won the round.

Zaelar vs. XAQ 2.  Learned something about Ciel.  I thought there was nothing special about her EXs being EX cancellable... but now I see it's good for punishing people who try to punish blocked EX hiero.  interesting.

Zar vs. XAQ 1.  EX laser punishing whiff cancel... nice... and using 5b6c after barrier CH.  nice.  I go straight into 6c after barrier CH, but sometimes I end up crossing myself up.  adding that 5b will keep my placement straight, and it'll add damage.  Nice on using crossbow to punish ex-shielded jetpack.  Never thought of it.  I do A-missile to punish people who ex-shield or block the jetpack, but I'm definitely gonna mix in the crossbow, too.  I see EX laser loses to throws... I want to experiment further with EX lightning now, but I'm sure the startup is near the same and it will also probably lose to throws.  we'll see.  also, nice aerial combo after j.B CH at the end (even though it was invalid!).

Zar vs. XAQ 2.  failed barrier suuuuucks... I know the pain.  I've been experimenting with using B-barrier on get up... for the clash frame.  but it seems the startup to that clash frame is just as bad as the startup for A-barrier.  and even if I land the hit, it sucks on CH because I can't follow up.  unless they're against the wall... I think.  I need to play around with it more... but honestly, I'm definitely skeptical about B-barrier.

Zar vs. XAQ 3.  what do you usually do after b-whip?  I noticed you did 6c5c this time, but it wasn't complete.  at the end of round two, it's hard to tell.. but it looks like you used the air unblockable properties of 5b to tap Shiki out of block and into the rest of the maid rush.  I usually try to time a b-whip if they're blocking a maid rush in mid-air, but I may have to try 5b (or maybe 6c?)

Been dying to chat Mech-HISUI strategy.  as you can see : p

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
  • Magic Circuits: 136
  • portrait of eternal joy
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #7 on: August 20, 2007, 05:47:26 AM »
My execution went to shit in these vids, shame on me.

Also Shiki vs Hisui = :-[  :emo: for Hisui.
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

pishi.wordpress.com - Updated once a week~

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 20, 2007, 06:00:50 AM »
My execution went to shit in these vids, shame on me.

Also Shiki vs Hisui = :-[  :emo: for Hisui.
Does Hisui have any good matchups?

Or is this just you complaining about getting beat by Zar's 14th best character?
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #9 on: August 20, 2007, 07:02:25 AM »

Does Hisui have any good matchups?

I'm not complaining, it's just pretty ugly for her to deal with characters with good rushdown who are in her face from the start of the match. She doesn't have any wake up options, so it's really just sit and block and guess right somehow.

At first we (Saiyd and myself) thought it was better to rushdown against the likes Nanaya / Tohno but honestly I think it's better to use random dust, set up chair and bento and just force them into the corner slowly or get them to fuck up in the process. Most vids I see of her against them do the same, but I don't always take those into account as the style of play is vastly different between the Japanese and ourselves. Like when the Japanese reach a certain point in their rushdown, they'll just back off, as if they're politely letting the other guy out of the corner saying: "Yeah, that's all I got, your turn." Mixing up their strings leads to no random pokes or specials in an attempt to stop rushdown, versus us doing shit like ex hiero or flash kick, 22A/B with Mech, 2B/C with Hisui, etc. :P

I tend to play sluggish against new characters anyway, I'm trying to absorb everything, even if my ass is getting handed to me in the process. It's un uphill battle, and I'm like stuck in a transition between 'i r sad' and 'beastmode' but I'm getting there. Slowly.

:slowpoke:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:07:58 AM by Master Chibi »
~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Arlieth Tralare

• Die Zauberwaffe
  • Zaubererkommandant
  • POW!
    • View Profile
    • Melty Bread
« Reply #10 on: August 20, 2007, 07:37:46 AM »
You may already have an offensive play of combo -> setup tree -> combo -> setup tree in mind, but you need nearly perfect execution with it. Only after your execution's down can you really see what kinds of strategic options you have available because the mental pressure can do half the work for you.

Actually, I think it's because you like Hisui so much that you're playing like her- meek, timid and apologetic. "Sorry, Shiki-sama!"   :slowpoke:
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 07:39:43 AM by Arlieth Tralare »
<linalys> no he hasn't

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2007, 07:55:36 AM »
Actually, I think it's because you like Hisui so much that you're playing like her- meek, timid and apologetic. "Sorry, Shiki-sama!"   :slowpoke:

Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2007, 08:23:12 AM »
haha

We need an animated laughing emoticon.

:teach:

But yeah, you have a point on that.

Also Damn Zaelar for getting better (but still doing stupid shit).

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2007, 09:20:04 AM »
Zaelar vs. XAQ 2.  Learned something about Ciel.  I thought there was nothing special about her EXs being EX cancellable... but now I see it's good for punishing people who try to punish blocked EX hiero.  interesting.

EX hiero isn't cancelable, he just didn't punish it properly.

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 20, 2007, 03:07:46 PM »
The return of XAQ's Mech-HISUI, wooo!!

XAQ vs. Chibi 1.  Lovin' that Touhou Sakuya color.  noticed your 5b6c -> air bnb after jetpack CH.  I do 2b6c - I'll have to check which does more damage
yea 5b6c does more because 5b has no proration, unless u mean u want to
try 2b(2hits) then i dunno. that might not even work.
Quote from: Mailorder
XAQ vs. Chibi 2.  Mysterious Time Out!  The EX laser, is that to catch people who commit to a jump in attack?  I've tried EX lightning for that, but I've had mixed results.  perhaps I will try EX laser instead
i just throw this out all the time, its hella safe on block and pretty hard
to punish on whiff most of the time.
Zaelar vs. XAQ 1.  Now this was educational.   I'm not doing any resets at all.  I'll have to start doing 'em every once in awhile.  Didn't know about EX laser's invicibility frames, used for countering projectiles... and now I know not to end blockstrings with missiles vs. Ciel.  The Ciel I play with doesn't punish my missile blockstring enders with EX hiero.  Nice patience on round two.  You were getting thrown left and right, but you kept your cool and won the round.
resets are awesome and beats out backdash, dodge, and some normals. yea pretty much all specials
outside of combos are bad vs ciel with meter, i dunno wat i was thinking :psyduck:.
sometimes its best to just take the throw yea, they dont do much damage anyway
(especially when u time the reduce for like every single one properly :x)
yea that was just me fuking up, i was at a height where i was too low to hit with j.b
and too high to be able to land and punish with an A properly. zaelar took advantage
of that (he would have been sad if i decided to block though :slowpoke:)
Zar vs. XAQ 1.  EX laser punishing whiff cancel... nice... and using 5b6c after barrier CH.  nice.  I go straight into 6c after barrier CH, but sometimes I end up crossing myself up.  adding that 5b will keep my placement straight, and it'll add damage.  Nice on using crossbow to punish ex-shielded jetpack.  Never thought of it.  I do A-missile to punish people who ex-shield or block the jetpack, but I'm definitely gonna mix in the crossbow, too.  I see EX laser loses to throws... I want to experiment further with EX lightning now, but I'm sure the startup is near the same and it will also probably lose to throws.  we'll see.  also, nice aerial combo after j.B CH at the end (even though it was invalid!).
im sure he couldve blocked or shielded but he somehow got another A out instead.
yea jetpacks+crossbows together is awesome.
i didnt press the second j.a fast enough, its a valid combo though. that too is me fukin up
cuz if he teched i would have been v.v.sad and would prolly have lost the round.
Zar vs. XAQ 2.  failed barrier suuuuucks... I know the pain.  I've been experimenting with using B-barrier on get up... for the clash frame.  but it seems the startup to that clash frame is just as bad as the startup for A-barrier.  and even if I land the hit, it sucks on CH because I can't follow up.  unless they're against the wall... I think.  I need to play around with it more... but honestly, I'm definitely skeptical about B-barrier.
all those barriers were A version, it is really good on trade but thats only if it can come
out without getting beat. (90% of the time it loses i dont kno wat i was thinking using them
so much. i guess i wanted to see if they improved at all since ver.a) P.S. they havent, they still suk dix
Zar vs. XAQ 3.  what do you usually do after b-whip?  I noticed you did 6c5c this time, but it wasn't complete.  at the end of round two, it's hard to tell.. but it looks like you used the air unblockable properties of 5b to tap Shiki out of block and into the rest of the maid rush.  I usually try to time a b-whip if they're blocking a maid rush in mid-air, but I may have to try 5b (or maybe 6c?)
Been dying to chat Mech-HISUI strategy.  as you can see : p
its usually best to follow up with 2c into either A or C whip, or u can go for some oki
and just let 2c hit. if they block gravy train hit them with any ground normal basically cuz
its a free guard break, i usually use j.b.

also did u kno that JETPACKS CAN KILL NOW?!?! O_O
TOO STRONG
« Last Edit: August 20, 2007, 03:12:21 PM by XAQshinor »

Offline Mailorder

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 34
  • sup
    • View Profile
    • MySpace - Add Me!
« Reply #15 on: August 20, 2007, 03:23:26 PM »
Thanks for the reply : )

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 20, 2007, 03:28:38 PM »
no problem ;p

Offline F9|Chibi

• Strongest Idiot
    • View Profile
    • Pishi~
« Reply #17 on: August 20, 2007, 03:51:50 PM »
I'd seriously appreciate any criticsm / helpful advice I can get here Xaq / Kevin / Saiyd / guys.

Unless you're Dippy.

~*Hai! Back to Japan!

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 20, 2007, 04:13:52 PM »
Your exe is hurting you FAR MORE than your "poor decisions". And after seeing 623a lose to chair I advise you go for this more after j.b j.b punish than bento OR go for a combination of both were you would perform 5a(whiff)>2c>bento>blockstring>chair where the blocked bento would give you +++ allowing a chair to be placed safely. but yeah, chair allows you to play reckless and removes your opponents retaliatory options (e.g. kaiho, shoryu, 2a, etc.). Do some EXPERIMENTING to see what moves/normals/ex's chair will absorb or change.
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline XAQshinor

• Spellcaster
  • Shirley ;-;
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 20, 2007, 06:06:48 PM »
-make use of iad and j.2c mixup more to bait ppl pushing buttons.

-when you do j.c airdash j.c as a blockstring you should mix it up more, mix in
  like j.c airdash j.[c]whiff land 2b or throw. thats pretty tricky.

-u have to learn the right tech punish cuz i dont remember ever being punished
  for teching forward.

-block more often / better cuz im noticing that stagger strings
always connect at some point.

-learn to hit confirm better, there were ALOT of times where like u did 2aa they
 both hit but then u ran in and threw. u throw away alot of damage potential like this.

-about the MH vs hisui matchup just try to like get in and stay in. i noticed that you
  would iadb randomly for no reason and im like yay. =(

-vs zaelar there was madd exe errors and bad blocking and just randomness all around
 (lol US ciel :x)

-mix in chairs with her j.bb combo more they are madd good

-USE STICK DAMMIT THATS PROLLY WHY THERE ARE SO MANY EXE ERRORS

Offline Zaelar

• Magus
  • 236c
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 21, 2007, 01:23:36 AM »
iad FORWARD c a lot more.