hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Slightly Higher Quality Youtube Videos  (Read 4924 times)

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 40
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
Slightly Higher Quality Youtube Videos
« on: March 22, 2008, 12:58:45 AM »
Apperently Youtube will be adding some sort of high/low quality toggle switch in the near future.

I just happened to stumble across what I guess could be considered a beta version of that system. In order to raise the quality of any Youtube video all that needs to be done is to add &fmt=18 after the url of the video you want enhanced and hit enter. What this basically does is ups the sound and video quality of the Youtube movie a moderate amount and adds a link under the video now asking if you want to raise or lower the quality of the video. This link does not work as of yet so don't bother clicking it.

Example video:

Without code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnn23agi8Bo

With code: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gnn23agi8Bo&fmt=18
« Last Edit: March 22, 2008, 01:02:31 AM by Devereaux »

Offline REAL DAKANYA TALK

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
  • BANNED
    • View Profile
Re: Slightly Higher Quality Youtube Videos
« Reply #1 on: March 23, 2008, 02:51:33 AM »
dev sucks! thanks for the ride!

who gives a shit about youtube its not jappy enough for the guys here.
NERINA IS A MURDERER

Offline DarkSaint

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • You already know
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 23, 2008, 03:23:50 AM »
dev sucks! thanks for the ride!

That's usually where OUR vids go most of the time, so yeah, I'm pretty sure some of us care.
<kijea> anyone pick me up for AM4
<kijea> plz
<kijea> i will suck ur dick

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: March 23, 2008, 03:29:09 AM »

Your right, everyone knows American Melty vids belong on Nico...

...I think people are recently using Veoh though and I guess that's fine too. (though it's on the fence in my book)

That's usually where OUR vids go most of the time, so yeah, I'm pretty sure some of us care.

Twenty-four hours posted and only two replies, the latter of which is a retort to the first...

...I'm not feeling the love
« Last Edit: March 23, 2008, 03:46:30 AM by Devereaux »

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: March 23, 2008, 07:43:10 AM »
Way to be ahead of the times, Dev! IIRC not all videos have higher quality encodes (yet). Here's a cool Firefox extension for enhancing your Youtube experience.

http://lifehacker.com/software/exclusive-lifehacker-download/better-youtube-firefox-extension-319925.php

Thanks to magz for informing me weeks ago. :toot:
thundering waterfalls

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
thundering waterfalls

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: March 24, 2008, 08:01:47 AM »
Now if only they threw in Nicovideo's ability to allow viewers to spam comments across the screen. That'll be fun and chaotic at the same time.
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #8 on: March 24, 2008, 09:09:13 AM »
Now if only they threw in Nicovideo's ability to allow viewers to spam comments across the screen. That'll be fun and chaotic at the same time.
I want to watch the video without such dumb subtitles, honestly. That's what the comments below are supposed to be for. Legit subs of course are always welcome, but still.

On a completely different tangent, I was watching the normal version of the link above (lol low quality), and I noticed that Sataya was able to do an EX-Katto with only 50% meter. Did he just super buff it during the combo or something? :psyduck: :mystery:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Devereaux

• Magus Candidate
  • Drinkin that mirin.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: March 24, 2008, 03:58:29 PM »
Sataya was Aoko and every EX-Katto took 100% meter.

Americans do not deserve comments on their videos as most of us are freaking idiots. (Myself included)

I'd rather avoid seeing coments like this fly across the screen:

"First time in my life that I've seen someone type "are" for "our." Holy crap."

"Hi Everyone! I am trying to get people to tell me what youtube means to you?"

"No. We're not that stupid."

*Actual comments from a single youtube video"
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 04:06:23 PM by Devereaux »

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #10 on: March 24, 2008, 04:01:13 PM »
I want to watch the video without such dumb subtitles, honestly. That's what the comments below are supposed to be for. Legit subs of course are always welcome, but still.

On a completely different tangent, I was watching the normal version of the link above (lol low quality), and I noticed that Sataya was able to do an EX-Katto with only 50% meter. Did he just super buff it during the combo or something? :psyduck: :mystery:
You can turn the comments off on nico and it probably wouldn't be too hard to have an option to have them permanently disabled for those that don't like them if youtube wanted to implement it. Hell, there's probably an option to turn them off always on nico as well but I can't read that shit.

As for the EX-Katto with only 50%... Sataya was playing Aoko... >_>
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline Pikachu_Fragger

• Magus Candidate
  • "I'm gonna kick some ass with my own pipe wrench"
    • View Profile
    • The Initial D Roleplaying Stage
« Reply #11 on: March 24, 2008, 09:16:15 PM »

You can turn the comments off on nico and it probably wouldn't be too hard to have an option to have them permanently disabled for those that don't like them if youtube wanted to implement it. Hell, there's probably an option to turn them off always on nico as well but I can't read that shit.

As for the EX-Katto with only 50%... Sataya was playing Aoko... >_>
Okay, I meant Warakia. Damn Freudian slip. :emo:
At a time like this... I WISH I HAD A DIGITAL CAMERA!

The more beautiful and pure a thing is... the more satisfying it is to corrupt, isn't it?

Offline Alfonse

• Vigilant Pink
  • Magus
  • Azu-nyan~!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: March 24, 2008, 11:30:33 PM »

The japanese random comments on any famous Nicovideo actually makes the video funny to watch  :V
« Last Edit: March 24, 2008, 11:32:51 PM by Alfonse »
Keyboard crusher who couldn't pull off a proper BNB.