When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Some brazilian MBAC casual matches  (Read 2573 times)

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
Some brazilian MBAC casual matches
« on: October 09, 2009, 09:36:50 PM »
yo guys!

that is the first melty blood video I post on youtube, and first time posting a link here
I would be glad if you could tell me what you think, even criticizing is fine

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eBaN8t19RqQ

o//
« Last Edit: October 09, 2009, 09:52:40 PM by Cristu »
A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
Re: Some brazilian MBAC casual matches
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2009, 10:10:06 PM »
Hm, IMO you're blocking way too much. Nanaya's a character that if you decide to block from him, you'll be doing that throughout the match. VSion's a rushdown character, or at least is most effective being played that way. Try looking up VSion strats in that section. My opinion on that Nanaya is that he needs more variation. Against more advanced players he will find that his strings are entirely escapable by all sorts of means. Being a Nanaya player, if I did that to anyone on my Hamachi server I will get jumped out without hesitation (those faggots >.>).
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline Cristu

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 23
  • Melty Blood > $
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 09, 2009, 11:16:45 PM »
I see.. I block some times aparently for no reason in this fights, but its because 214b risk... after that hes too close and in advantage :o, but thx for the hint.. anyway that was the first fight, I was studying his moves.. when I'm blocking I'm praticing use oponent moves as my advantage, or using a guaranted exit.. just jumping out no matter what is kind of unrespectful I think x.x.. anyway you are completely right about his strings, but hes improving very fast, he plays for about 2 months.

thanks a lot for the comments dude!

A little bit of console ain't too bad.

Offline Fui

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 11, 2009, 08:47:40 AM »
You guys obviously have an idea of what you're doing (combos/blockstrings etc) but there are some obvious holes you can easily fix. His blockstring is quite loose and isn't worth blocking over since he's just spamming 2b5a, IAD jb, and dash 2a/throw. He's not even hitconfirming the 2b into 5c 214b for the knockdown. During the corner "lockdown" just jump neutral/back or jump forward w/ jA or something when you smell a gap. Even when you fight better Nanayas who know how to do mean blockstrings and hitconfirm, this is probably one of your best options. When you're not in the corner, backdash/jump or something.
- When you both get knocked down at the same time, always neutral tech (but don't always tech when he's in neutral, in fact never tech if you're remotely near him due to 2C ez-mode punish)
- If you have excess meter to burn (MAX), feel free to 236b? into 236C for +frames during your blockstring so you can get in closer and do mixups
Actually your VSion is better than his Nanaya imo, but yeah you give him too much respect for his worth. You let him run 2b5a x100 on you, which is something that should be punished.

God I hate Nanaya. Good thing he's relatively not so great in MBAA.

Offline c-nero 5[c]

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • another well-balanced masterpiece from frenchbread
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2009, 12:24:23 PM »
the nanaya is fucking trash, he cancels 2C instantly instead of letting himself move forward using it, and pushes himself away so far he forces himself to do a fucking shitty ghetto iad to get back in range, which you can fucking probably beat by mashing 5b (or a safer option, 623C) on reaction. keep doing this and force him to learn to iad properly, but this still won't be a problem for you as long as he's so predictable in his whiff cancels that you can just 5B him every time you read a 5A correctly. his 2B will beat your 5B though so depending on his habits you may want to simply neutral jump, this is kind of bad for vsion  because your only low-angled air attack is j.A which will lose to his j.A if he's good enough to use it right (hint: he isn't. spam that shit). eventually the nanaya will probably get his pressure right but by that time your pressure should also be advanced enough to the point where whoever knocks whoever else down first wins (hint: nanaya will win. he has a dp)
<Irysa> arcana heart 3 just red ringed my 360 im not even joking
<Sabator> LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL
<Sabator> BBCS RED RINGED MINE
<Sabator> FUCKING ANIME GAMES MAN