When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Misaki Town Bakery > Kohaku's Video Room

TexasTim's MBAACC Recordings

<< < (2/15) > >>

TheMaster_Rahl:
I know the the easycap uses Ulead Video Studio SE (lol... I think the 'S' in SE is Studio). But what version does it use?
I kinda want to get it and see if it works with my capture card.

Edit: LOL! just found the capture card that mine ripped off it's drivers and software from.
Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device
Software is real shitty. Don't get this card.

TheMaster_Rahl:
This is too funny. I've been trying to find info on the EasyCAPs, like a company name and website and what capture software they use, but I couldn't seem to find anything.
Then I found the "Official" EzCAP website. Yes EzCAP not EasyCAP.
Chinese company, as most of these capture cards tend to be.
They claim the the 'EasyCAP' name was theirs. That because of stolen black market/boot legging selling of their EasyCAP products they stopped selling EasyCAP and renamed them to EzCAP.
Copy Pasta from their site. Chinese company so the English is not so good:

--- Quote ---Statement

We express our reget for the consumbers who have bought the copied models, and we also registered  and used  our new Brand "EzCAP",at the same time, we have stopped producing all of the series of "EasyCAP" products, Then it shows if any "EasyCAP" products sold in the market  are copied models, To Guarantee your interest, Please do learn "EzCAP" NOT "EasyCAP", and to guarantee  the shop where  you buy  sold  products produced from our company, It is because there may be some illegal person will copy "EzCAP" again, to avoid the copied models, if you find someone who copies our products, please do contact with us in a short time, we will accuse the illegal person of this.

--- End quote ---
:laffo:
Also this EzCAP site is prolly not legit. All the support pages for other products (other than the EasyCAP model they claim to not sell) have dead links for drivers and software. Their scripts for various pages are not functioning, ect. Maybe just Chinese standard... The phone numbers and e-mail contacts are legit though so idk. :mystery: Link is: http://www.szforwardvideo.com/home/index.html

I looked up trademark information from a couple different trademark sites.
There is one EzCAP registered. All sites reported the same person owns EzCAP. (China)
There are some EasyCAPs, but they all sell different types of products other than capture cards.

Contact info and names on the website and trademarks seems to checkout so maybe it is legit.

I don't know exactly what to make of this. But I do know these things, and can put together a good guess. Most legit low end capture cards (similar to EasyCAP models) sell for ~$30. Legit as in it has a website and software support that is active, ect. When I was in Iraq, you could get boot legged shit for real cheap. The price is the biggest indicator that something is a straight stolen product (ei. physically stolen shipment of product x produced by company y is sold for really cheap by an individual online).
EzCAPs sell for like $30. EasyCAP stuff sells for ~$6. I don't know how you can manufacture video capture cards and sell them for $6 online and make money, so I think they are stolen.
Chances are that if you bought an EasyCAP for less than $30, you bought straight up stolen merchandise.
All the ones on amazon for like $6 or so are pure profit going directly into a thief's pockets. Straight up scammed your asses, they did.
You all should prolly not buy them. :teach:

-TexasTim-

TheMaster_Rahl:

--- Quote from: Funky-kun on October 11, 2011, 09:18:28 PM ---I have zero experience with capturing, so I'm not sure this will be helpful. You can force MBAA to display in progressive by holding Triangle and Cross (I think?) on startup, and then selecting the top option in the menu twice.

The last encode you uploaded is definitely watchable quality. But not changing the scan mode with software would obviously be the best, so I hope this helps.

--- End quote ---

Okay, I tried this. It will not work. The TV displays using NTSC standard (incompatible with progressive frames). When the game is set to output progressive, the TV displays a black screen. Sound still works. I even played some arcade mode blind with just sound.

The capture software sees either a blue or black screen for every input format setting (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, ect). The capture software expects one of these formats. The card's hardware itself could limit what inputs it can receive.

I'm guessing that the progressive functionality on MBAA was something left there from the arcade port, because arcades can use monitors and not TVs.
So even if I hooked up the PS2 to a monitor, the capture software would still not work with MBAA in progressive mode.

-TexasTim-

TheMaster_Rahl:
Oh shit! I think I found my self a solution to the interlacing problem I have with the capture cards software! :toot:
VirtualDub has a damn capture function. :fap:
It works with my capture card. :fap:
It will compress losslessly without fucking up the interlacing. :fap:
I'm so hype, I busted 3 nuts all over this thread.
I'm kinda not going to be in town this weekend to work on a test clip nor any matches for our meet-up this weekend, so I'll upload a final test product to my youtube next week sometime.
Gonna be fucking way better quality after I learn to use this software! :fap:

-TexasTim-

TheMaster_Rahl:
Uploaded one more test video. Huge noticeable quality difference compared to the shitty software of the capit.
I used VDub to capture, and applied one of its bad ass deinterlacing filters.
Then ran it through some other filters for various fixes.
H.264 final encode. File size comes out to about 8Mb from the 220Mb source. H.264 fucking rocks.
I'll start recoding at our next meet-up and upload the final products after that.

Please watch the 2 vids on my youtube called:
MBAA Test 04 Alt
and
MBAA Test 06

Let me know if there is anything I should work on, like some artifacts that I did not notice or whatever. And tell me which you all prefer.
Personally, I think Test 06 is way better, but I do save a lot of HDD space using the source from Test 04 Alt.

-TexasTim-

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version