When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: TexasTim's MBAACC Recordings  (Read 128264 times)

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 41
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
TexasTim's MBAACC Recordings
« on: October 11, 2011, 07:53:02 PM »
Updated: 15 Oct 2014

July 2013: I moved to North Carolina (NC). So prolly my vids will be from events there more often than not.

-Uploaded vids from 29 Oct 2011. 8 parts, about 2.5 hours uploaded out of the 7.5 recorded. I'll try and make it less next time. 2.5 hours of our scrub asses is too much.
-Uploaded vids from 06 Nov 2011. 5 parts, about 1 hour 40 min. uploaded. I arrived late to the meet-up so everyone just kinda played me and left... :( I'll continue to work on making them a bit shorter.
-Uploaded a couple sets of Me and Pat. 3 parts, Me (H-VSion), Pat (H-Miyako/H-Ciel). I'm not sure why JP plays H-Miyako the way they do...
-Uploaded Best of 3 and Best of 5 matches from 13 Nov 2011. 19 vids total, ranging from 4-10 min each. Goal of the format change is to foster better quality matches. Time will tell... :V
-Uploaded a shit ton of sets from our Texas gathering on the 19th. 28 vids in total. The only person to not get recorded was Oldboy... Anyways feel free to brows. I was unable to keep the sets to a best of 5 or 3 all the time, so video lengths vary widely.
-Been a while since I posted much. Been getting pwned by life and been too lazy. Uploaded some new vids. Casuals and Tourney footage from our recent trip to Houston for Bar Fights 6.
-Uploaded F-Warc Basics Vids.
-Uploaded Vids from our May Houston trip. 20 Parts in total.
-Uploaded Vids from 24 Jun 2012 meet-up. 7 Parts total.
-Uploaded Vids from 28 Jul 2012 meet-up. 17 parts total.
-Uploaded Vids from NEC13. Casual Sets that were saved on my laptop.
-Uploaded Vids from Winter Break 06 Jan 2013. Casual Sets between QPunch and I.
-Uploaded vids from our Maiden Voyage Stream.
-Uploaded vids from our 09 Feb 2013 Streamed Meet-up.
-Uploaded vids from TFC in North Carolina. Top 8.
-Uploaded vids from Carolina Clash 19 Oct 2013. Round Robin with 6 entrants.
-Uploaded vids from 02 Nov 2013. Casuals between me and ShinsoBEAM!.

All my recorded videos can be found on my youtube:
http://www.youtube.com/user/XxTexasTimxX

I also run streams of the meet-ups we host in Denton:
(I stream random netplay now...)
http://www.twitch.tv/xtexastimx
or
http://www.twitch.tv/korewamelty/

-TexasTim-
« Last Edit: February 23, 2015, 02:51:45 AM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
Re: TexasTim's MBAA Recordings
« Reply #1 on: October 11, 2011, 09:18:28 PM »
I have zero experience with capruting, so I'm not sure this will be helpful. You can force MBAA to display in progressive by holding Triangle and Cross (I think?) on startup, and then selecting the top option in the menu twice.

The last encode you uploaded is definitely watchable quality. But not changing the scan mode with software would obviously be the best, so I hope this helps.
« Last Edit: October 11, 2011, 09:31:16 PM by Funky-kun »
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 11, 2011, 10:36:05 PM »
Yeah I though about doing that, but then the TV we are playing on will not display progressive properly I think. I'll try it and see if the TV display is playable in progressive.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 12, 2011, 07:24:25 AM »
Oh man VIDEOS  :psyduck:
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2011, 09:22:02 AM »
This is why I use lvl 0 simple-ass easycap lol
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 12, 2011, 01:26:51 PM »
I know the the easycap uses Ulead Video Studio SE (lol... I think the 'S' in SE is Studio). But what version does it use?
I kinda want to get it and see if it works with my capture card.

Edit: LOL! just found the capture card that mine ripped off it's drivers and software from.
Diamond VC500 One Touch Video Capture Device
Software is real shitty. Don't get this card.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2011, 01:47:07 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 12, 2011, 06:07:51 PM »
This is too funny. I've been trying to find info on the EasyCAPs, like a company name and website and what capture software they use, but I couldn't seem to find anything.
Then I found the "Official" EzCAP website. Yes EzCAP not EasyCAP.
Chinese company, as most of these capture cards tend to be.
They claim the the 'EasyCAP' name was theirs. That because of stolen black market/boot legging selling of their EasyCAP products they stopped selling EasyCAP and renamed them to EzCAP.
Copy Pasta from their site. Chinese company so the English is not so good:
Statement

We express our reget for the consumbers who have bought the copied models, and we also registered  and used  our new Brand "EzCAP",at the same time, we have stopped producing all of the series of "EasyCAP" products, Then it shows if any "EasyCAP" products sold in the market  are copied models, To Guarantee your interest, Please do learn "EzCAP" NOT "EasyCAP", and to guarantee  the shop where  you buy  sold  products produced from our company, It is because there may be some illegal person will copy "EzCAP" again, to avoid the copied models, if you find someone who copies our products, please do contact with us in a short time, we will accuse the illegal person of this.
:laffo:
Also this EzCAP site is prolly not legit. All the support pages for other products (other than the EasyCAP model they claim to not sell) have dead links for drivers and software. Their scripts for various pages are not functioning, ect. Maybe just Chinese standard... The phone numbers and e-mail contacts are legit though so idk. :mystery: Link is: http://www.szforwardvideo.com/home/index.html

I looked up trademark information from a couple different trademark sites.
There is one EzCAP registered. All sites reported the same person owns EzCAP. (China)
There are some EasyCAPs, but they all sell different types of products other than capture cards.

Contact info and names on the website and trademarks seems to checkout so maybe it is legit.

I don't know exactly what to make of this. But I do know these things, and can put together a good guess. Most legit low end capture cards (similar to EasyCAP models) sell for ~$30. Legit as in it has a website and software support that is active, ect. When I was in Iraq, you could get boot legged shit for real cheap. The price is the biggest indicator that something is a straight stolen product (ei. physically stolen shipment of product x produced by company y is sold for really cheap by an individual online).
EzCAPs sell for like $30. EasyCAP stuff sells for ~$6. I don't know how you can manufacture video capture cards and sell them for $6 online and make money, so I think they are stolen.
Chances are that if you bought an EasyCAP for less than $30, you bought straight up stolen merchandise.
All the ones on amazon for like $6 or so are pure profit going directly into a thief's pockets. Straight up scammed your asses, they did.
You all should prolly not buy them. :teach:

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2011, 11:32:11 AM »
I have zero experience with capturing, so I'm not sure this will be helpful. You can force MBAA to display in progressive by holding Triangle and Cross (I think?) on startup, and then selecting the top option in the menu twice.

The last encode you uploaded is definitely watchable quality. But not changing the scan mode with software would obviously be the best, so I hope this helps.

Okay, I tried this. It will not work. The TV displays using NTSC standard (incompatible with progressive frames). When the game is set to output progressive, the TV displays a black screen. Sound still works. I even played some arcade mode blind with just sound.

The capture software sees either a blue or black screen for every input format setting (NTSC, PAL, SECAM, ect). The capture software expects one of these formats. The card's hardware itself could limit what inputs it can receive.

I'm guessing that the progressive functionality on MBAA was something left there from the arcade port, because arcades can use monitors and not TVs.
So even if I hooked up the PS2 to a monitor, the capture software would still not work with MBAA in progressive mode.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2011, 06:34:32 PM »
Oh shit! I think I found my self a solution to the interlacing problem I have with the capture cards software! :toot:
VirtualDub has a damn capture function. :fap:
It works with my capture card. :fap:
It will compress losslessly without fucking up the interlacing. :fap:
I'm so hype, I busted 3 nuts all over this thread.
I'm kinda not going to be in town this weekend to work on a test clip nor any matches for our meet-up this weekend, so I'll upload a final test product to my youtube next week sometime.
Gonna be fucking way better quality after I learn to use this software! :fap:

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2011, 03:36:18 PM »
Uploaded one more test video. Huge noticeable quality difference compared to the shitty software of the capit.
I used VDub to capture, and applied one of its bad ass deinterlacing filters.
Then ran it through some other filters for various fixes.
H.264 final encode. File size comes out to about 8Mb from the 220Mb source. H.264 fucking rocks.
I'll start recoding at our next meet-up and upload the final products after that.

Please watch the 2 vids on my youtube called:
MBAA Test 04 Alt
and
MBAA Test 06

Let me know if there is anything I should work on, like some artifacts that I did not notice or whatever. And tell me which you all prefer.
Personally, I think Test 06 is way better, but I do save a lot of HDD space using the source from Test 04 Alt.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 31, 2011, 11:09:50 PM »
So, I'm just about half way done editing the 1st batch of recordings from last weekend. There was ~7.5 hours of recordings to sort through, and the encoding times... estimated total of about 28 hours, and editing time estimated at about 12 hours. So, yeah. I need to change the ways I record, choose what to upload, and edit. Because 24 hours (most of the encoding can be done while I sleep or am in class) of additional work every week is too much.

I also lost about 2 hours of recordings due to unfamiliarity with the capture program. Sorry Cookie, but a lot of your sets were lost, and also some of Pat and Oldboy. It won't happen again. I'm prolly going to have people rotate more strictly, like a FT4 or 5, and record each in a separate file. And be less picky about what gets uploaded (it's already pretty random, about every other match I just said "This one looks good..." and got more lazy towards the end). It'll prolly be just a whole set gets uploaded or not next time.

The way it is now, the editing programs I have don't like that the files I'm importing are like 60Gb+, so I had to use VurtualDub to delete sections manually. Which sucks as I had to count frames, compare the frames to the times I recorded when selecting the matches to upload, and adjust by an offset for the frames, which changed every time I deleted a section, before moving to the next section... Editing time was also increased by cutting out the once again screens, although I got lazy at some point and stopped caring as much...

Anyways, I should have a batch uploaded by tomorrow after I'm done with class (like 5pm Central Time), and the rest on Wednesday.
I'll update the top post when they are uploaded.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: November 01, 2011, 01:11:40 PM »
Bump for update: see 1st post.

Offline CPhame

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • 二次元の世界へ
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 02, 2011, 08:56:31 AM »
Awesome vids.
digitalpugilist.com

Offline Qpunch

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • QQQQETHBETHGNRDAW%R
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: November 02, 2011, 06:52:28 PM »
Just thought I'd drop by and say good job with the vids ma1n
C Aoko, C Wara, C Sacchin

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 08, 2011, 02:48:08 PM »
Awesome vids.
Just thought I'd drop by and say good job with the vids ma1n
Thx. ;D

New vids uploaded. See 1st Post.
In attendance was Cookie, Denthorn, TexasTim, & Pfhor.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: November 11, 2011, 04:36:24 PM »
Uploaded some new vids, check out the top post. :bleh:

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, 01:18:37 PM »
Currently encoding and uploading new vids from last weekend's meet-up. 19 parts :slowpoke:, about 4-10 min each :V.
Changed the structure a bit:
****New MB Videos after this comment date (Nov 06th, 2011) will be a new format.**** Players will play a Best of 3 or Best of 5. New video naming convention.
The intended goal of this change is as follows:
-Improved match quality
-Shorten video length and improve watchability.
Enjoy! :mystery:

Unfortunately, this also increases the amount of total videos I upload. Perhaps in the next time I'll choose the best matches to upload while I'm recording, and have like a random couple of vids with the random shenanigans that goes on. And, of course I'll upload something if one of the players wants it uploaded.

Check out the 1st post. :teach:

It'll prolly take me till tommorrow to upload them all.
« Last Edit: November 14, 2011, 03:49:35 PM by TheMaster_Rahl »

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 21, 2011, 01:33:53 PM »
For the people interested, I'm currently encoding the clean-up encodes of the footage from this weekend. It's about 180Gb, and 45min per 5Gb to encode. So about 27 hours there. Then I have to edit out the dead spaces, button settings, ect and re-encode losslessly, which will take much less time, about 6-8 hours. Then I have to compress them with the final H.264 encode. This will take a lot of time, at least 3 times as long as the clean-up encode... If I get my new machine build today, which has a quad core i7, 64bit OS, and blazing fast SSD storage, then it should about half the final encode time (or faster). So it's going to be a few days before they are uploaded to my youtube. Expect them by the end of the week at the latest.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2011, 05:56:12 PM »
So, I started doing the final encode on the matches from last weekend on my new hardware. It's quite insane.
Files that were taking 1.5 hours to encode are now taking 20 min. :psyduck:
Files that were taking 3 hours to encode are now taking 25 min. :slowpoke:
Going from dual to quad core, x86 to x64, and HDDs to SSDs is so fucking beast. :V
At this rate, I'll actually make the dead line I set for myself of, "by the end of the week".  :laffo:

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 27, 2011, 10:07:48 PM »
Uploaded the huge batch of vids from the weekend of the 19th's event here in Texas.
Updated the 1st post. Check it out.
For some reason, Oldboy did not get recorded the whole weekend. A mistake on my part.
Enjoy!

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 25, 2011, 07:15:08 AM »
Hello everyone, merry X-mas.
I've been making a music video over the last 4 months or so, since the beginning of October 2011. It's finally done.

A music video I made to say goodbye to PS2 MBAA and say hello to MBAACC 1.07 PC.

The video is suppose to describe my experience with MBAA PS2, and just be fun in general. I wanted it to include even some of the more mundane or annoying features of the game, as well as the awesome stuff, and just show that the game was awesome as a whole to play. I started making this just prior to Zar's call to do stuff for Final Round. I figured I could help out by adding in a Final Round splash with some CC stuff. Anyways, it was a lot of fun making this. I hope it helps hype people up for MBAACC at Final Round. With a lot of foreign players coming this year, including Korean CL, I know I wont miss it.

Watch and enjoy! Tell me what you think if you want. I haven't made many AMVs before so I'd like to hear what people think about it.

Goodbye MBAA..., Hello MBAACC! :toot:

Link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvaMtlNcJ3U

I'll find a place to upload the vid for raw downloading, as I think youtube messes up the sync a little bit, and the vid is real sync dependent.

-TexasTim-

Offline LivingShadow

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 55
  • Sanity is overrated
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 25, 2011, 07:58:38 AM »
Watch and enjoy! Tell me what you think if you want. I haven't made many AMVs before so I'd like to hear what people think about it.

Goodbye MBAA..., Hello MBAACC! :toot:

Link is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rvaMtlNcJ3U
Here's my thoughts:

Music is fine. I think you might have gone overboard with the effects at 1:30 (the pulsing effect you had going didn't work for me) and 2:40 (the flickering was a bit much).

Offline Funky-kun

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • See red, no escape.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 25, 2011, 12:32:05 PM »
A little bit of effects overload at times, but I found the vid real hype! You had some very creative syncs. Keep up the good work. =3
In Soviet Blood, victory 2a's its way to you.

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: TexasTim's MBAACC Recordings
« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2012, 06:51:45 PM »
Finally getting around to encoding stuffs again. Uploaded some casuals from our recent trip to Houston. I'll upload more sets over the next couple of days, so keep an eye out for that.

-TexasTim-

Offline TheMaster_Rahl

• Spellcaster
  • NC Texas Tim
    • View Profile
Re: TexasTim's MBAACC Recordings
« Reply #24 on: February 22, 2012, 02:39:35 PM »
Uploaded the rest of the casual matches from our Houston trip that I have replays for.

I have some footage I took with my camera and did some commentary on, but I'm pretty ass at commentating. I might upload those too. You can hear a lot of tipsy cookie in it too..., and Ishmael.

And I'ma start collecting all the funny and weird shit that happens in our matches and kinda upload them too, or maybe make a music video, I haven't decided yet...

Link is is the 1st post.

-TexasTim-