When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: MBAACC F-Kohaku  (Read 7768 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
MBAACC F-Kohaku
« on: July 30, 2011, 08:05:06 AM »
      Not a lot of changes coming from v1.00 -> v1.05 other than the stuff in the game mechanics.  Coming from PS2 you'll notice the following (you can dig up the full changes in a CC thread somewhere):

Major Nerfs:
    • Your damage is a lot lower.
    • Your 2B recovery is much higher.
    • 5C is a lot shorter(v1.07, Hitbox slightly improved), slower, and I suspect it to be minus on block now, instead of even.
    • 22C Cactus disappears if you get hit and it doesn't hit air unblock-able as it comes out anymore.
    • Your 5A does not hit some low-crouchers when blocking.
    • Poison Proration is nearly double now, cutting your damage in half, but still costs 150% meter.
    • Your AD damage is nearly halved.

Buffs
    • Your command grab still has the same range it did before, and is now comboable.
    • Your command grab sweet-spot follow up is slightly easier. v1.07

[/list]
    So there's a lot to be desired here - you didn't get any new moves, and let's not forget you're still a character without a ground overhead or a legitimate reversal.  Full moon means you have no heat or roll.  Defense is tough and your pokes are weaker.  Your job is to win in neutral.  This is the character's strength and it has to be your's too.  Basically, your best defense is going to be a strong offense.  Not an aggressive offense.  A strong offense. 

You're going to be living off the damage your command grab, solid fireball spacing, and good normals grant you.  Furthermore you want your stagger pressure to be incredibly varied to avoid disrespect.  Your solid airthrow grants you some reasonable midscreen setup to help you out.  Force your control with plants and your command throw.  Your best defense is going to come from good meter management and smart blockstring decisions with counters.               

NEW STUFF

OTG Relaunch Stuff

Corner OTG Relaunch Combo: 2A 5B 2B 5C 236A 236C 5C j.BC (236C) j.BC 6E
    Use for Kill only.  The meter is a huge waste. 

Combo off raw airthrow.

Raw Airthrow (Low/Close): 5C Aerial
    Raw Airthrow (High/Far): 2C 236A <- You'll be using this more often than not. 

You must execute 5C/2C Immediately after landing.

If you do 5C Aerial make sure you can confirm it into air throw (if you have too much distance you might whiff 5C all together or not be able to airgrab).  If you figure out mid-combo you cannot confirm into airthrow you can do j.bc 236C j.bc airthrow as an aerial to correct your distance gap.  It's largely a waste of meter though, so if you're not sure opt for 2C 236A unless you think the formal can kill.

If you have 100% and do 2C 236A: As long as it's not too far you can drop 22C for the yontaku.  Becareful of DP in this case because Cactus will disappear if you get hit.
    If you have no meter and do 2C 236A: Standard meaty on most characters.  Be careful of Kouma/Ries for slow getup and Ryougi for fast getup.
    If you have max and do 2C 236A:
    you can confirm into your long range IH-Combo (as listed below), 2C 236A IH 2C 236A 41236C.  This damage isn't very high and only if you really want circuit break/have only a teensy bit of max left.  If you have a lot of max you might want to opt for the 100% option, and then go in with the ability to spark.  Your choice.

Command grab combo.
    After sweet spot (SS) follow up you can combo into command grab. 

Easy Mode: 63214CSS <Delay> 2C 3C j.bc j.bc Airthrow
    Waka Version: 63214CSS <Delay> 4B 2C 3C j.bc j.bc Airthrow (adds ~200dmg)

v1.07 Komidol Version: 63214CSS <Delay> 2[C] 3C j.bc j.bc Airthrow ~3500dmg

Because the SS follow-up bats the opponent so far, this can only be performed close to the corner. 

OLD STUFF

Almost all of it still exists, almost all of it is useless.

IH Combos

IH Confirm: 2C 236A 2C 236A 41236C

Very nasty to catch someone with. 

Command Grab Confirm: 63214C <Whiff> 41236C

I'll be going through some of the old MBAA stuff and add what a combination of what still works and what I find to be effective.  Most unfortunately I find is, poison plant setup (which was even a questionable use of meter in the past) is now completely useless for the meter.  Certain whiff-command throw setups may also unfortunately be rendered useless by the simple fact SS follow up grants standard meaty and does a too healthy amount of damage to ignore, at over 3K.  [/list][/list]
    « Last Edit: October 31, 2011, 11:58:31 AM by Komidol »
    GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
    AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
    Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • Magic Circuits: 57
    • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
      • View Profile
      • The Kingdom of Biscotti
    Re: MBAACC F-Kohaku
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2011, 05:41:00 PM »
    :teach: Updated.
    GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
    AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
    Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • Magic Circuits: 102
    • canes, complaints & caddies
      • View Profile
    « Reply #2 on: November 04, 2011, 08:00:52 AM »
    Mrs. Kohaku Jefferson

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZUQZax_8sjg

Solid player. Went from rags to riches in a matter of minutes.
    zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
    • Magic Circuits: 16
    • Keepin' it alive
      • View Profile
    « Reply #3 on: November 04, 2011, 11:27:47 AM »
    WTF

Was Fkohaku always able into 5C off command grab in the corner!? What the hell!?

Also this Fkohaku is solid as hell. Good shit.
    clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
    clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
    clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
    • Magic Circuits: 53
    • $NJ$
      • View Profile
    « Reply #4 on: November 04, 2011, 06:50:04 PM »
    WTF

Was Fkohaku always able into 5C off command grab in the corner!? What the hell!?

Nope.  Sweetspot on command grab used to make the opponent invul until they stood up.
    [01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
    [15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
    [22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Shion

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • Magic Circuits: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #5 on: January 01, 2012, 04:51:08 PM »
    To elaborate on the raw airthrow combos: they're all much easier to do if you do a j.a whiff right after the airthrow. You will land faster and closer to the opponent this way.

I was experimenting today with the different options, and decided to compile my findings into a little video:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jp3z2lhde5w

Here's the followups I think are pretty useful:

meterless
    anywhere: AT j.a (whiff) land dash 5c j.bc j.abc AT - 40.9% - 3033 dmg

anywhere: AT j.a (whiff) land 2[c] 236a - 19.8% - 2178 dmg + okizeme

corner or low airthrow: AT j.a (whiff) land 5{c} j.bc j.bc AT - 41.4% - 3093 dmg

low airthrow: AT airdash j.C land 2b j.bc j.abc AT - 45.4% - 3113 dmg

100 meter
    anywhere: AT j.a (whiff) land 5{C} j.bc j.bc 236c AT - 41.4% - 3421 dmg

MAX
    anywhere: AT j.a (whiff) land 2[c] 236a IH 2c 236a AD - 3547 dmg + circuit break

Offline SaruKada

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • Magic Circuits: 2
      • View Profile
    « Reply #6 on: January 17, 2012, 04:58:10 PM »
    If you're going for damage, seems like you can just do

AT j.A(whiff) dash 2C 3C j.BC sj.ABC AT

for a bit more. Unless you're dash-jumping into a backwards air throw, in which the momentum will carry you too far for the air throw to connect at the end - in that case, just use 5C.

Also, I'm sure everybody knows the BnB already, but I don't see it in the thread, so here:

2A 5B 2B 4B 2C 3C j.BC sj.ABC (j.236C) air throw

You can't cancel the 4B until both hits come out. Doesn't get much easier than this.

Offline xKinto Un

• Apprentice
    • Magic Circuits: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 12:30:42 PM »
    I'm having a really hard time doing 63214CSS. . . I can never get the sweetspot. Any tips?

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
    • Magic Circuits: 16
    • Keepin' it alive
      • View Profile
    « Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 12:50:34 PM »
    I'm having a really hard time doing 63214CSS. . . I can never get the sweetspot. Any tips?

Do it as late as possible. Really really late. If you end up missing your swing because you ended up doing it too late, that's alright, still a hard knockdown, but if you do it too early you just lost any and all advantage--- ontop of that, sweetspots are usually really low to the ground anyway in terms of timing, so just focus on trying it as late as possible until you get used to it. That's how I did and I got consistent enough that a RU player got mad at me lol
    clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
    clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
    clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline xKinto Un

• Apprentice
    • Magic Circuits: 0
      • View Profile
    « Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 01:02:40 PM »

Do it as late as possible. Really really late. If you end up missing your swing because you ended up doing it too late, that's alright, still a hard knockdown, but if you do it too early you just lost any and all advantage--- ontop of that, sweetspots are usually really low to the ground anyway in terms of timing, so just focus on trying it as late as possible until you get used to it. That's how I did and I got consistent enough that a RU player got mad at me lol

Lol ok, appreciated. Going to take it to the lab until I get it right :D