hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Kohaku  (Read 30299 times)

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
Re: F-Kohaku
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2010, 04:22:42 PM »
Waka Nero Onry Combos:

Midscreen:

2A 5B 2B 2C 3C BE236A 5C JB JC J236C JB JC [grab]

Corner:

2A 5B 2B 2C 3C BE236A 2A 2C 3C 236A

2A 5B 4B 2C 3C BE236A OTG(2AAA 5B 2B 5C)

I need to test if these actually work on PS2 balance
They can't get enough of me

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 30, 2010, 07:23:24 PM »
They work, but they are pretty hard.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Curbeh

• MD/VA Barbarian Horde
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 259
  • Irresistible
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 31, 2010, 11:40:10 AM »
Cool, thanks.

I wonder if any of them work on any other characters...?
They can't get enough of me

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: June 28, 2010, 10:25:58 AM »
You can add about 500 more damage to her command grab > plant combo if you do 5c > aerial.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Tiggy

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 14
  • loli elbow drop
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 14, 2010, 12:22:17 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBgGWG6RII

I know the whiff throw > poison plant setup is old news, but I think it's still hype as fuck  :fap:
Especially for this character lol
<LegendaryBlueShirt> Lol poverty plane would be paper mache wings on a car

<LoliSauce> If life was an RPG, I'd be that well rounded character that has a passive team buff aura.  Everything around me gets hype+2.  lol

Offline BurstOfAnger

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 13
  • Vatista's chest is 1 inch larger than Linne's
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 15, 2010, 02:33:46 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XhBgGWG6RII

I know the whiff throw > poison plant setup is old news, but I think it's still hype as fuck  :fap:
Especially for this character lol

It seems a little sketchy... isn't there a really big gap between the whiff and the EX plant, big enough for a 2a?
Immortalize! 1st Clause! DIVIDE!

Waldstein is pronounced wa-REN-shu-tain. French Bread trollin'.

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 28, 2010, 02:22:42 PM »
So is it just me or does Kohaku have really stupid air superiority to 90% of the cast? I mean, not even considering her fantastic jumping B and C hitboxes (both of which have considerable reach outside of Kohaku's own hitbox), but the fact that the clashes in her 2B can be cancelled into a 214A/C or a 236B... Not to mention the fact that 236B on CH leads into a 4500~ damage combo from closer ranges, or at LEAST a hard knockdown with a 236A from the very tip of it...

I'm really surprised I never thought to try this character, honestly. Doodling around with her a bit in a few casuals and in training mode (and looking at her framedata with the framedisplay), she's got some surprisingly strong normals. I think I always sort of considered FKoha inferior since H is considered the best groove, but geeze, she's fantastic.
« Last Edit: July 28, 2010, 02:27:01 PM by ikeTATARI »

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 28, 2010, 08:31:14 PM »
It's not just you, just mash 2B when are in the air and 5C when they're on the ground.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2010, 09:31:58 PM »
It's not just you, just mash 2B when are in the air and 5C when they're on the ground.
:prinny: :prinny:
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ikeTATARI

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
  • Sometimes, you only need 1 word.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 15, 2010, 04:17:59 PM »
So I don't know if anyone else does this, but you can get oki off the airthrow if you do this:

land 5[C] 236A/B

The 5C has to be timed PERFECTLY to right when she goes back to neutral, but it will beat just about anything they can do on wakeup that doesn't have invincibility frames, and is completely safe because of how far away you end up. The 236A/B is on reaction - if they jump towards you you can 236B and catch them in jump startup, 236A if they try to dash/backdash. 236A gives you hard knockdown (which is fantastic for Kohaku, of course) and 236B if it counters gives you really good damage.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: December 21, 2010, 11:47:09 PM »
22A Setups (CORNER)

-has reduced refresh time when released in the corner whereas when released at midscreen, 22A has about the same refresh rate as 22B (22B refresh rate remains the same regardless of position on screen)
-still remains active while Kohaku is guarding
-there is apparently some leniency with the release of charge (or holding). One is able to set and hold 22A, release all buttons for 1F, then press and hold again w/o the removal of the charge (22A is still held in place). This allows for some interesting button swapping while holding 22A (e.g. 22[A]>]A[~[ABC] OR [E] lets Kohaku charge her magic circuit despite releasing buttons).
-Throw>22A has enough advantage to make the setup completely safe from reversals and will allow Kohaku to attack with meaty pokes to discourage jump-outs and mashing

***V-Sion was used in all combos to check for damage points***
***ALL 22A SETUPS SHOWN ARE PERFORMED IN CORNER ONLY***

Vicious Throw Cycle
22[a]>throw~release>22[a]
(1301-1560)
Normal Throw (1000)

As mentioned above, 22A has dramatically reduced refresh/respawning rate when executed in the corner. After a normal throw, Kohaku can safely set 22A, throw and release slightly after (tack on a bit of extra damage), then safely set another 22A opening up options for other mixups or throw again.

Batter Up! Variant
22[A]>CMD>whiff finisher>-A- (release)>dash>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(3749)

The strength behind this setup is that 63214C (command throw/cmd) can not be throw broken. Also, using dash before starting the aerial combo
stores forward momentum and results in far less of a rebound when landing from the airthrow (about half the normal distance). This sets the perfect range to IAD in for jC (high) OR j[C]>land>2a (low) mixups.

22[A]>CMD>whiff finisher>-A- (release late)>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(~4K)
This variant to the above will net more damage but will not reduce the rebound from the airthrow as the ground dash is omitted from the sequence.

Keep Still, Stupid
22[a]>2a>5b>2b>5c>236a>-A->dash>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(4820)

Eventually, the opponent will get tired of being tossed around like a sack of potatoes and resort to measures of escape. Fortunately, options to counter such tactics exist. I must emphasize yet again that Throw>22A yields ample advantage - enough to thwart jump-out attempts or wakeup 2A for that matter. The payout for guessing right in this instance is quite handsome.

:3 Alternative #1
22[a]>dash>j9>air backdash>jB>5B>5C>236A>-a->dash>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(5692)

With the opponent now scared shitless to do anything, setups like this become viable. Dash in while they're stuck on stupid then perform a quick forward jump followed by an immediate air backdash. Forward momentum will be stored in the jump resulting in less backward movement thus emulating a sort of small jump attack with the jB (Melty Blood Physics/Mechanics 101  :-\ ). This technique will beat crouch throw breaking as well as a late throw or 2A attempt. Also, the ground dash before the aerial combo will again reduce the rebound and keep Kohaku in close quarters.

:3 Alternative #2
22[a]>dash>j9>air backdash>j[C]>4B(2)>236A>-a- (release late)>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(3877)

Alternative to the above setup. The j[C] will fake the high attack (jB) and let Koha slip in the low w/ 4B.

:3 Alternative #3
22a>dash>j9>air backdash>j[C]>cmd>whiff>auto release>jC>jBC>airthrow
(3518)

This alternative sets up command throw by faking the high/low. It's also good to keep in mind that Koha still has the option to just dash>throw~release OR dash>2A and that the dash itself doesn't necessarily telegraph any of the :3 Alternative setups. Keep it random for best results.

Reversal Bait (work in progress)
22[a]>bstep>5c>236a>-a->dash>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(5465)

After setting 22A, back step to avoid reversal shoryuken attacks then punish with a combo of your liking. If no reversal occured, use 5C>236A to tag any late movements in response to your backstepping. If 5C hits, release 22A and let loose with the damage. ***This was labeled as 'work in progress' cus I've not battle tested this yet and haven't considered all variables in the instance a reversal does occur (ie the optimal punisher against X whiffed dp while still being able to get in extra dmg from 22A before it auto releases)***

Random-Ass Blockstring That Does Way Too Much Guard Damage
(ALL GUARDED)
22[A]>2A>5B>2B>5C>236A>-A- (release late)>dash>2a*3>5B>2B>4B(2)>2C>236A
(~75% Damage vs C-Moon defender)

Air-tight blockstring and yeah...it really does that fucking much.  :gonk:

Open for discussion, peoples. I was mostly interested in debating over the issue of 22A vs 22B setups in the corner. Which is potentially stronger (damage & audibility) and more intimidating (psychological factors).
« Last Edit: December 21, 2010, 11:51:15 PM by Othello Sheen »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: December 22, 2010, 04:33:53 AM »
For the block string you can add charged 2C's/236A's to mix it up a bit and if you get way with those they'll probably push a nearly entire guard break.  Do it after a couple staggers and you can probably get away with it if they're not EX-Guarding effectively.  

Decent damage on the 236a -> a plant launcher setups.  Of course, I endorse every F-Koha to actively use 22[A] -> DI/j.9 (if you want) -> grab or hit, but I almost feel silly for never thinking of a full string reset with it with 236A.  I often use it to run a (5B) 2B (4B) and release to cover a jump in (or feint jump in).  I'll run some stuff this week with the ones you came up with and see how they feel.  

Here's a breakdown of how I see the rest of her plant pressure:

22B Setups are often liked because they are pretty much a 50/50 in the corner, you can either hit them (2B as to catch any form of jumpouts or OS heat activates) or cmd grab them (no throw break), so it beats alot of options.  Off a hit you can get a little bit more than a bnb's worth of damage, and it catches just about every reversal at the tip which you can hit confirm off of.  If you don't have to deal with half moon bunker, you can do 22B -> 2B -> IAD j.214[B~1~3] for a lot of guard damage and crossup if you land all three.  If you guess right 2-3 times it's going to be as annoying as a c-wara nanaya summon.  

22C is nice because it hits when it comes out meaty against jumpouts (even though not in current code  :'() and is air unblockable (making for another nice hit confirm).  Alternatively they can block it and you can do whatever the fuck you want with high low.  If 22C actually hits them, than you do 5C 2 or 3 times (depending on the character you're hitting) and command grab them through the wall slam hit for a whiff batter setup of your choice.  And of course there are poison plant combos/setups (22222C) as well which will keep a lingering 1k damage while you run your next oki, putting your opponent on edge.  There's really little way to escape from the 22C.  

2222C Is great zoning fullscreen (assuming you can get it out with running into an exhiero or some shit) because it covers the ground and along with Kohaku's anti air makes it extremely easy to get in.  This helps a lot in certain matchups where you would want to invade the box your opponent likes to space around in that may hang just outside F-Koha Anti air.  

Something funny I experimented with 22A is you can do 22[A] (brief pause) 214B.  I haven't tested it against all reversals but it's a nice gimmick because if they reversal they run into counter and you should be able to combo them with 22A and if they block you can just let 22A go and reset, though I think some of the options you've thrown up here Zar blows that little trick out of the water.  Replacing the load out from a crappy gimmick to a full blown setup sounds great to me if I can get people respecting  :nyoro:  

Any chance of hitting a BE236A -> -A- (release)?  It should work on atleast Nero.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 04:49:35 AM by Komidol »
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: December 22, 2010, 09:15:08 AM »
For the block string you can add charged 2C's/236A's to mix it up a bit and if you get way with those they'll probably push a nearly entire guard break.  Do it after a couple staggers and you can probably get away with it if they're not EX-Guarding effectively.
5{C}'s can be slipped in as well and IF you can get them to behave/respect/tremble in fear of the potential threat, then yes, that's 100% guard crussssshed.

Of course, I endorse every F-Koha to actively use 22[A] -> DI/j.9 (if you want) -> grab or hit, but I almost feel silly for never thinking of a full string reset with it with 236A.  I often use it to run a (5B) 2B (4B) and release to cover a jump in (or feint jump in).
yeah, I forgot to mention this in my former post. At a certain level of respect, you can start getting away with more elaborate mixups and pressure strings with 22A out. The :3 Alternatives are an example of that. Other options like IAD>release>high/low or the the DI/j9 option you mention become viable as well with the threat of a spontaneous release at hand. It's also good coverage (as you also mention) for fuckups, gaps and masking.

Here's a breakdown of how I see the rest of her plant pressure:

22B Setups are often liked because they are pretty much a 50/50 in the corner, you can either hit them (2B as to catch any form of jumpouts or OS heat activates) or cmd grab them (no throw break), so it beats alot of options.  Off a hit you can get a little bit more than a bnb's worth of damage, and it catches just about every reversal at the tip which you can hit confirm off of.  If you don't have to deal with half moon bunker, you can do 22B -> 2B -> IAD j.214[B~1~3] for a lot of guard damage and crossup if you land all three.  If you guess right 2-3 times it's going to be as annoying as a c-wara nanaya summon.
I personally feel that 22B is far stronger at midscreen but in the corner, 22A provides similar, if not, the same exact options (50/50, tag jump outs & and anti-activate OS string [2A*2>5D~B]) with greater reward. One thing 22B does have over 22A is that 22B is persistent and will stay out if Kohaku happens to be hit while attempting a setup. And for the record, 22B>2B or 2A or whatever used to counter jumpout/mash>tk/iad j214[ B ] is extremely difficult to make air-tight. Using more than 1 bomb can be unsafe vs some characters (I have not tested all characters yet) as the first bomb can be backstepped and the remainder punished in between the gaps (CH at that). Using 1 Bomb however, gives you the option to land and punish a read backstep (Don't take my word for it though. Try it out!). And finally, there's anti-HBunker OS that shuts up bunker attempts with plants out: 5A OR 2A>6EEE

Something funny I experimented with 22A is you can do 22[A] (brief pause) 214B.  I haven't tested it against all reversals but it's a nice gimmick because if they reversal they run into counter and you should be able to combo them with 22A and if they block you can just let 22A go and reset, though I think some of the options you've thrown up here Zar blows that little trick out of the water.
I actually use this sometimes...but it's straight up troll tactic.  :laffo:

Any chance of hitting a BE236A -> -A- (release)?  It should work on atleast Nero.
I got some crazy combos in the works atm. I've gotten this to work on Vshi:

22[a]>2a>5b>2b>5c>236a>-a->BE236A

It's not really significant or anything but I was looking at the vs Nero combos Curbeh posted and Koha may be able to do far more against Nero. I'm still experimenting with more universal combos though before I head to the character specific stuff.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2010, 09:23:07 AM by Othello Sheen »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 53
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: December 22, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Other things you can do with 22a out in corner

Meaty 2b cmd grab - anti shield counter OS, beats wakeup throw, beats, wakeup mashing, beats HKoha wakeup ex broom swing and keeps greedy half moon players from just mashing on wakeup and taking auto burst so they don't have to deal with a mixup
Meaty 5c cmd grab - Same as above minus beating Hkoha wakeup ex broom swing but does more damage.

If 5c/2b hits and combos into command grab, it is significantly easier to get time 5c to hit after letting 22a go.  Add 236c to the end of the air combo and you get BIG damage.

On midscreen 22b - Try to avoid this off of normal throws.  Opponent has following reversal options - heat, dp, backdash, jump.  It's not really easy to constrain your opponents options when you barely have time to get meaty after a throw.  It's better overall imo to go for command grab and get sweetspot to force corner then get normal throw 22b midscreen.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 05:56:01 PM by Tonberry »
[01:08] <Komidol> that marisa cosplayer that took my registration was sexy
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: December 28, 2010, 07:50:49 PM »
Other things you can do with 22a out in corner

Meaty 2b cmd grab - anti shield counter OS, beats wakeup throw, beats, wakeup mashing, beats HKoha wakeup ex broom swing and keeps greedy half moon players from just mashing on wakeup and taking auto burst so they don't have to deal with a mixup
Loving the 2B meaty idea. I'm currently trying to develop a anti-dp OS to beat multi-hit wakeup dp options. Looks something like this:

(corner)
throw>22[a]>2B (meaty)>5C~214D

It works in theory (and a bit in practice lol) but Fkoha 2B has a very nasty cancel window which is unable to be canceled until late in the attack. I'm trying to input 2B>5C in a rhythm that will allow the buffer to take care of the rest for me but again, this is irritating to execute consistently due to late cancel frames. I'll keep trying at it and will post up results of any good news. As for half moon taking hits on wake up to auto-spark:

LOL @ Auto-CS
2A(hits NON-CH)>2A>2D/5D~5B (or any other crouch/stand normal for that matter)

Yes, CS can be shielded at any lvl.  :laffo:

On midscreen 22b - Try to avoid this off of normal throws.  Opponent has following reversal options - heat, dp, backdash, jump.  It's not really easy to constrain your opponents options when you barely have time to get meaty after a throw.  It's better overall imo to go for command grab and get sweetspot to force corner then get normal throw 22b midscreen.
Did thorough testing after reading this and I have have to say now that 22B post-throw is pretty ass. It's very hard to consistently get dashing meaties after planting 22B, even against the slowest rising characters such as Kouma and Ries. There really is no reason to fear this setup outside of a meaty 5C being used to stuff a potential jump out. Even then, there are the other escape alternatives you mentioned to get around this. Far too much guessing involved than what I would like to have to deal with. IMO 22A corner oki is starting to look that much stronger.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 09:44:58 PM by Bifford B. Biffington »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: December 28, 2010, 09:30:00 PM »
POISON PLANT SETUPS (CORNER) aka "Pick Your Poison"

-poison is persistent. even if kohaku is hit after setting PP the projectile will still fire.
-poison drains about 1K of regenerative (red) health
-poison effect cancels out if koha receives damage
-poison has no proration (100% comp. value) meaning big damage for followups
-the projectile launches and produces air untechable hit
-poison hit/projectile can be comboed into even from otg hits and will still produce poison effect
-as with other plant setups, PP can hit and combo from all throws.

***V-Sion was used in all combos to check for damage points***
***ALL 22222C SETUPS SHOWN ARE PERFORMED IN CORNER ONLY***

Command Throw Setup
CMD(whiff)>PP>CMD(whiff)>PP(hits)>BE5C>5B>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(4719)

Hold A or B during Command Throw (cmd) to get the earliest possible batter up whiff. Be sure to buffer multiple 2's during the back reel (Five or more 2/down inputs will register PP by default). Set PP immediately upon recovery (there are exceptions vs slower rising characters which I may explain in another post). Wait just a fraction of a second to command throw opponent on wakeup then repeat the same steps to perform early batter whiff. PP projectile will strike just before landing. As kohaku recovers from batter whiff input BE5C which will produce another air untechable hit and let you follow w/ 5B>5C juggle. A lot of gravity tends to kick in around this point, so it's best to delay the aerial combo rhythm for best results.

Meaty Setup

CMD(whiff)>PP>2A>5B>2B>5C>PP(hits)>BE5C>5B>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(5437)

The timing for the setting the PP is same as above. This setup will discourage wakeup mashing and jump out attempts. Recovery from PP is excellent and will allow Koha to land a 2A meaty in this situation. These two options alone can take you a long way but there are some clutch options in the event you should guess wrong and the opponent guards the latter option successfully. . .

Guard Confirm Option 1 (Tick Throw & Fake)
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>dash>throw>PP(hits)
(1067 +poison)

Very low damage option but lets you sneak in a throw which will combo into poison drain and let you setup (non-plant) oki. PP projectile will give you advantage in throw break situation.

Guard Confirm Option 1 Alt.
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>pause (not the game)>5C(hits)>PP(hits)>5B>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(5152)

This option will fake the dash>throw attempt and stuff a mash out attempt or any other late movements in reaction to the pause. It *is* possible to 5C(hits)>PP(hits)>BE5C>5B>5C (5440) in this situation but timing is rather strict. May want to play it safe w/ just 5C>PP(hit)>5B>5C

Guard Confirm Option 2 (Directional Influence Shenanigans)
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>2B>J8[6]>PP(guarded)>land(behind)>2A(confirm combo)
(variable)

PP will push target forward and toward kohaku when guarded. D.I. 6 will let you drift behind opponent as they are recovering from (heavy) guard stun. Alternatively, you are able to drift forward slightly but not as much to drift behind, which will result in landing in front with 2A

Guard Confirm Option 2 Alt. #1
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>2B>J8[6]>PP(guarded)>Late air backdash (from DI6)>jB>5B(confirm combo)
(variable)

PP will again push target forward but this time instead the rear attack will be converted to a late frontal attack by use of the late air backdash (should the opponent crouch early in anticipation of the land>2A variation). Other conversions that can be introduced are:

late airbackdash>jC (hitbox extends behind koha ala crossup hit)
late airbackdash>j[C]>land>2A OR throw

Guard Confirm Option 2 Alt. #2
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>2B>(slight pause) 4B(1)>214A or B (whiff)>PP(hits)>5B>5C>jBC>jBC>airthrow
(4B(1) Hits, 4512)

This setup is used to discourage jumping out after 2B is guarded. Slip in the 4B (1hit, 100% comp. value) then cancel into 214A or B (whiffs). If the 4B(1) connects then PP projectile will hit and you're still able to recover from the whiffed counter in time to pickup a combo. If the sequence is guarded, PP projectile will cover the counter recovery and induce enough guardstun to yield advantage after.  ;D

Guard Confirm Option 3 (IH Insanity)
CMD(whiff)>PP>(guarded)2A>5B>2B>5C>PP(guarded)>tk j236A>IH~jB>5B>5C>236A>AD
(Post IH Damage, 5169)

This option makes use of IH Broom Ride (thingy) as well as let Koha attack from behind and thus void the crossup protection. PP(guarded) will push target forward and out of corner. This will let Koha sneak through the target and into the corner by use of tk j236A. Activating IH~JB (hold [2] while 5C is guarded, 368>pause>A~5E~B) will turn kohaku toward the back of the opponent and let her strike from behind. This attack must be guarded correctly (away from koha) due to this turning effect (see F-Ciel SomerHeat). Be sure to make use of the remaining meter by comboing into AD should there be enough juice to do so.

Just a few setups I've listed and I have more that I'm currently trying to further develop. They probably won't be too far off from what I've already posted though.

An important note vs characters w/ slower rising speeds (e.g. akiha, warc, nero, kouma, etc.): It's best to set PP when the target has settled *fully* on the ground before completing the command. This is what I'm working with for now to properly synchronize the followups. I intend to do a bit more rigorous testing soon and hope that anyone who is interested in what's posted above will do so as well and post any significant findings.

EDIT:
oh yeah...discuss...stuff  :-\
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:59:52 PM by Bifford B. Biffington »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: December 29, 2010, 12:07:08 AM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=quJeEmZPVTM

F-Koha on decent streak. Didn't see anything too out of the ordinary. I still sand by 22B oki sucking.

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: December 29, 2010, 11:52:29 AM »
LOL @ Auto-CS

Yes, CS can be shielded at any lvl.  :laffo:

Does this really work?  When I set CPU to recover A they always hit me in 5b startup.
[15:24] <Rokunaya> i've actually reached the point where some voice actors sound familiar in animes
[22:40] <bellreisa> i'm an insane murderer who is overwhelmed by nihilism but that's ok cause i'm in love

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: December 29, 2010, 11:58:52 AM »
Nice discovery with the DI bullshit.  I'm definitely gonna use this.  +heat for writing up a guide about her PP stuff.  One might say I was reluctant to let people know about it... :nyoro:

A note for buffering Poison Plant:  You can pretty much setup the perfect timing by doing as many 2 buffers as humanely possible and letting the plant go for the same timing as whiff CMD Grab -> Arc Drive.  It's just that perfect moment where you see the animation for ground hitting start.  

Also because of CMD Grab->AD, do you think it's even worth it to do the PP IH setup since you can simply do the Arc Drive after a successful command grab?  Circuit break can be pretty powerful in some matchups.  How much damage do you get off that?
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:02:06 PM by Komidol »

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: December 29, 2010, 12:01:45 PM »
LOL @ Auto-CS

Yes, CS can be shielded at any lvl.  :laffo:

Does this really work?  When I set CPU to recover A they always hit me in 5b startup.

You're supposed to bang in out like a chain, in one complete sequence:

If first 2A HITS
2A (must be non-CH, this will also trigger auto-CS)>2A (whiffs due to CS invulnerability)>5D~5B (strum 5D to 5B, shield will activate from whiffed 2A and allow you to shield the auto-CS, 5B will be omitted due to shield activation UNLESS YOU ARE C-MOON in which ex shield>5B will occur)

If first 2A IS GUARDED
2A (blocked)>2A (blocked)>5D~5B (5D is pressed during hit stop of second 2A and will be omitted as a result of that, 5B will instead take its place, if strummed correctly, and allow you to pretty much freestyle the continuation of your guard string from there)

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: December 29, 2010, 12:17:10 PM »
 +heat for writing up a guide about her PP stuff.  One might say I was reluctant to let people know about it... :nyoro:
someone would have found out eventually, either second-hand or first lol.

A note for buffering Poison Plant:  You can pretty much setup the perfect timing by doing as many 2 buffers as humanely possible and letting the plant go for the same timing as whiff CMD Grab -> Arc Drive.  It's just that perfect moment where you see the animation for ground hitting start.
Problem with this is that it's not universal. You need to actually wait a fraction of a second or so vs some character to synch with the PP projectile hit for the most damaging setups. E.g. vs akiha if you set PP just as you recover, then CMD>whiff, the projectile will not be timed properly for the juggle and either whiffs completely or otg hits, robbing you of fantastical damage.  :gonk:

Also because of CMD Grab->AD, do you think it's even worth it to do the PP IH setup since you can simply do the Arc Drive after a successful command grab?  Circuit break can be pretty powerful in some matchups.  How much damage do you get off that?
I'll test this damage soon and report precise numbers for it. Basically, the IH setup is just a conversion of a guarded string. Say if you were going for the anti-jump/anti-mash setup and they blocked instead, you can attempt another mixup that will lead to AD connecting anyhow. But I see what you mean though. You can just take the damage off the bat (no pun intended) and land your AD damage as opposed to going for higher implied damage with the anti-mash/jump setup. I think it really depends on the situation. I personally would just CMD whiff>AD for a KO or something but there are probably other situations where this would be considered (still learning  :teach:).
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 12:18:47 PM by Bifford B. Biffington »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2010, 12:44:00 PM »
If first 2A HITS
2A (must be non-CH, this will also trigger auto-CS)>2A (whiffs due to CS invulnerability)>5D~5B (strum 5D to 5B, shield will activate from whiffed 2A and allow you to shield the auto-CS, 5B will be omitted due to shield activation UNLESS YOU ARE C-MOON in which ex shield>5B will occur)

Oh ok, I misinterpreted this.  I thought the 5d was supposed to recover and you punished CS recovery with 5b but that didn't make sense and didn't work when I tried it.  Just let tree go after shielding is the best option I guess.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2010, 01:03:17 PM »
^Can't punish auto-CS recovery but you do get the upper-hand in that situation.

How much damage do you get off that?
Post IH damage = 5169 vs CMD whiff> AD damage = 3112

Not saying one is better than the other though.

Also, damage info has been added to the PP corner setups post.

EDIT:
Just added new setup variation: Guard Confirm Option 2 Alt. #2
« Last Edit: December 29, 2010, 02:56:07 PM by Bifford B. Biffington »

Offline Komidol

• Magus
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: February 01, 2011, 09:40:17 AM »
So I don't know if anyone else does this, but you can get oki off the airthrow if you do this:

land 5[C] 236A/B

The 5C has to be timed PERFECTLY to right when she goes back to neutral, but it will beat just about anything they can do on wakeup that doesn't have invincibility frames, and is completely safe because of how far away you end up. The 236A/B is on reaction - if they jump towards you you can 236B and catch them in jump startup, 236A if they try to dash/backdash. 236A gives you hard knockdown (which is fantastic for Kohaku, of course) and 236B if it counters gives you really good damage.

You can do it but it feels like a waste since it just returns things to neutral if they block.  Let's talk about F-Koha's midscreen stuff a little bit (particularly her oki).  I usually alternate dash in 5A(quick high shield) meaty, 2B (clash for heat OS and requires low shield to be shield) meaty, command grab meaty, and basic super jump sandoori after combo airthrow, but what about raw grab/hard knockdown?  In addition to the above would any of you consider TK Molotov/22A/22B/2222C/ worth using or just keep alternating the stuff listed above?  

I've seen after hard knockdown some C-Koha's opt for 22C (and Waka has very very rarely done this once or twice too).  At what spacing are you looking for a hit, or is this just to push them back to the corner?  I mean yeah if they jump you can go for rising j.b or 236B, or you could go for high low - but if they just block I would feel cheated out of the 100 meter.  I mean, everything is dependent on the matchup, timing, and health values, but would you generally consider 100% meter to push them back to the corner worth it?  I'm a little hesitant to use my meter on things like this. 
« Last Edit: February 01, 2011, 09:44:45 AM by 2D »

Offline Tonberry

• Spellcaster
  • $NJ$
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: February 01, 2011, 08:32:37 PM »
I've seen after hard knockdown some C-Koha's opt for 22C (and Waka has very very rarely done this once or twice too).  At what spacing are you looking for a hit, or is this just to push them back to the corner?  I mean yeah if they jump you can go for rising j.b or 236B, or you could go for high low - but if they just block I would feel cheated out of the 100 meter.  I mean, everything is dependent on the matchup, timing, and health values, but would you generally consider 100% meter to push them back to the corner worth it?  I'm a little hesitant to use my meter on things like this. 

Komidol...C-Koha players opt for 22c because it gives you amazing mixup options, not to push your opponent to the corner.  If you get meaty cactus with proper spacing it beats all reversal options and if they block, which they should unless they like getting hit, you get gdlk mixup.  The only reason you don't see Waka and other F-Kohaku players go for it all day is because F-Koha can't get good damage and 100% meter in a combo where she stays on the ground unlike C-Kohaku.  It's a great option though and I feel like it gets very underutilized by jp players.