When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: F-Kohaku  (Read 30323 times)

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
Re: F-Kohaku
« Reply #50 on: February 02, 2011, 10:33:54 AM »
Komidol...C-Koha players opt for 22c because it gives you amazing mixup options, not to push your opponent to the corner.  If you get meaty cactus with proper spacing it beats all reversal options and if they block, which they should unless they like getting hit, you get gdlk mixup.  The only reason you don't see Waka and other F-Kohaku players go for it all day is because F-Koha can't get good damage and 100% meter in a combo where she stays on the ground unlike C-Kohaku.  It's a great option though and I feel like it gets very underutilized by jp players.

'aight.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 10:38:17 AM by 2D »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline AARP|ZTB

• HATEmaster
  • Magic Circuits: 102
  • canes, complaints & caddies
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: February 02, 2011, 04:24:04 PM »
It's a great option though and I feel like it gets very underutilized by jp players.
Jp "top-players" are overrated as fuck :real :blah: :.
« Last Edit: February 02, 2011, 04:27:20 PM by ZARtacus! »
zar are you even aware that your attitude is what drove people off in the first place. i think zar's attitude is worse than all of that. cause neither of you guys mean anything. but zar can poison shit around him. zar's the one that gets personal online and does realtalk that's out of line.

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: February 02, 2011, 05:18:22 PM »
It's a great option though and I feel like it gets very underutilized by jp players.
Jp "top-players" are overrated as fuck :real :blah: :.

K go body Japan at SBO.

P.S.: Though I honestly believe this is true to a degree

clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline Dogysamich

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Designated Hype Man!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: February 05, 2011, 06:36:34 AM »
... I honestly like doing catcus just so i can land 3 partially charged 5C's on their block, and then I'm allowed to pressure or move afterwards.

-shrug-
Kohaku/Hisui Player | Fighting Game Commentator/Player

Follow me on twitter for random updates! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich

Offline Komidol

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 57
  • わが名は征服王コミドール!、この大会のたびにおいては、フル琥珀のクラスを得てげんかいした!
    • View Profile
    • The Kingdom of Biscotti
« Reply #54 on: March 14, 2011, 06:47:43 PM »
... I honestly like doing catcus just so i can land 3 partially charged 5C's on their block, and then I'm allowed to pressure or move afterwards.

-shrug-

I think it's better to be ambiguous and go for j.A overheads/or j.A IAD cancels/feints/empty jumps into 2A/IAD Backs (j.b/j.c).  I hit this all the time.  It's pretty hard to see.  High/Low hell, basically.  It's especially devastating on large hitbox characters.

If you get a hit in, reem them with 5C's for every bit of damage you can muster (an early hit allows for about 2, at most 3), and then command grab-whiff them before the last hit of cactus for corner crossup or throw down a plant.  Not much they can do about it.
« Last Edit: March 14, 2011, 06:51:56 PM by キュゥべえ »
GenericSuperHero: komidol's not a nerd, he's a visionary
AnFox: H-mech IS a character.
Exciel: It's 2011, use whoever the hell you want already. Fuck haters and relish the salty tears that drip from their skulls as you stand victorious.

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: May 21, 2011, 12:40:16 PM »
basic anti shield counter/heat OS thats useful in the corner: 2a 2b14b/c (need to input last one really fast)

On hit/guard it does 2a 2b on shield counters it does normal low counter or ex counter depending on which one you prefer. If they're in the corner or close to the corner you can combo after counter. If they wake up heat then it will clash w/ 2b.

wakeup bunker beats it because startup on counter is too slow :/

For some reason doesn't work on shield counters w/ lots of invincibility like H/F wara's standing shield counter  :psyduck:
« Last Edit: May 21, 2011, 12:43:04 PM by ehrik »
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community