When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: KohakuH Thread (AKA Combo movie thread)  (Read 14223 times)

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
KohakuH Thread (AKA Combo movie thread)
« on: December 15, 2009, 10:06:41 PM »
JeffM give me your bomb setups, they are too good.

We got a new battou loop variation that works on Ries and uh. . . I dunno who else yet. Magnum > 2A whiff > BE5B > 2B(1) > 236B~A > [2A/5A >5B > 236B~A]x3 (or 2 if you want to make sure you land this!) 5A > 6A > BE5B into ender of choice.

Time for some CHARACTER SPECIFICS starting with her advanced bnb (Note: if I don't mention the character, they're just normal):

2A 2B(1) 5C(1) 5A 6AA 2[C] 236A feint 2A 2C 5Awhiff 6AA 623[A] J[C]B sdj JBC airthrow

Miyako - Same as Wara, but way harder. Not worth it.
Ryougi - can't do 2[C] > 236A. Have to do a delay 2C in order for it to work. The damage is DEFINATELY worth it.
Warakia - Two ways to get it to connect - do 2[C], delay the 236A or delay 2[C] and do instant 236A. The latter is easier, and it's worth the damage.
Arc - Doesn't work point blank. Do 2A 2C 623A > Aerial most of the time. If you're a pinch farther, go for it.
Warc - Same as Arc.
Nero - Same as Arc. Also 2A 2C is weird for some reason. Considering his high defense it's worth trying to get this consistent.
NAC - Impossible, but normal BNB rapes him.
Neco Arc - Same as NAC.
--------------

2A 2B(1) 5C(1) 5A 6AA 2[C] 236A feint 2A 2C 5Awhiff 6AA BE5B {2B(1) 5C(1) 623A > Aerial} or {bomb mixup}
2A 2B(1) 5C(1) 5A 6AA 2[C] 236B~A 5A 2B(1) 236B~A {5A 6A BE5B 5C(5) feint 5C(5) BE5B > bomb mixup} or {5A 5C 623A > Aerial}

-Both of these are corner combos that require 5A 6AA to hit after the first 5C. For the characters that these combos work on often, they are definately worth learning. The second one is much more difficult (battou loop off of 2A!) but if you can do it, it gives you high damge plus bomb oki or aerial.

-Doesn't work on/dumb hard on: Aoko, Tohno, Nanaya, Miyako, Ries, Wara*, V Akiha, Arc, Warc, Len, W Len. (Note on Wara, the 2nd combo works, the first does not).

-On those characters, do this combo instead:

2A 2B(1) 5C(1) 5A 6AA feint 5C 5A 236B~A 2A 5C 236B~A {5A 6A BE5B 5C(5) feint 5C(5) BE5B > bomb mixup} or {5A 5C 623A > Aerial}

If you can execute the battou loop, this combo is pretty easy (and it's made in the USA!  :toot:)
-------------------------------------
Warning, this combo is only for the true grinders, but if you can land this it's extremely worth it!

5C 2C 2B(1) 236B~A 5C 2C 5A(whiff) 6AA feint dash 5A 236B~A {5A 6A BE5B 5C(5) feint 5C(5) BE5B > bomb mixup} or {5A 5C 623A > Aerial}

This works from a little bit past midscreen, puts you in the corner and ends in bomb knockdown. You can choose to do aerial too, but its extra, unneccessary work - but still pretty hype.

-Alternate starters:
     Magnum
     OS Backstep punish (2A 2C 5C 236B~A etc)

Magnum will likely be the most common starter you use for this combo.
-------------------------------------
Magnum > 5Awhiff 6AA 2Awhiff BE5B 5C 623A > aerial
Command grab combo used near corner (maybe 1/4th screen away from corner). Gets rid of awkwardness of the standard airdash combo. Doesn't work on some characters (probably just loli's, I couldn't get it on Miyako at the very least).

Magnum > 5Awhiff BE5B delay 2AA 236B~A {5A 5C 236B~A}x 2 or 3 > {5A 6A BE5B 5C(5) feint 5C(5) BE5B > bomb mixup} or {5A 5C 623A > Aerial}

4 rep battou loop of command grab in the corner on characters you never thought possible! This is specifically for Aoko, Nanaya and Tohno.

« Last Edit: May 31, 2010, 09:16:35 PM by Lord Knight »
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline fiendmaw

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 38
  • Dozo~
    • View Profile
Re: KohakuH Thread
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2009, 02:46:28 AM »
Stay true to RED(the shorter haired one)!!!!
Best Nanaya in YouTube.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2009, 09:01:13 PM »
Edited with some stuff, time to go to training mode folks  :toot:

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 17, 2009, 01:47:39 PM »
shouldn't you be using 2C instead of 2[C] if you're playing on original?

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2009, 03:44:03 PM »
2[C] makes these combos actually connect. Doing 2C would be fine if your doing the easy bnb but makes doing this stuff way harder (and it's hard enough already  :slowpoke:)

Offline rmfcouch

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2009, 04:03:53 AM »
I was practicing that midscreen command throw combo on different characters and ran into a brick wall trying to get it down against Roa:

63214C 2A(whiff) BE5B 5C(1) 2C 5A(whiff) **6A**

I whiff that 6A every freaking time. Gah.

The Sions have been the toughest at the 2C 5A(whiff) 6AA part, but I've actually connected with it from time to time.
But in Roa's case, I have never successfully landed the 6AA.

Advice anyone?

Edit: I fluked it once against the CPU at AI today. What delays am I doing wrong on this guy? The charged 5B perhaps?

Edit 2: Out of curiosity, when you guys land a 63214C midscreen, against which characters do you take the easy way out and go straight into a standard aerial+throw?
« Last Edit: January 12, 2010, 12:10:22 AM by rmfcouch »
H-Kohaku. Dorkas. Sub Zero. Aoi Umenokouji. Sophitia. A-Hinata. Ryu. Hokuto/Nanase. Yatterman-2. Jun the Swan. Niigi Gorgeous Blue. Mihee Kim. Tateha. Reco-M. Palm-A. Marisa-B. Reimu-A. Illusionary Border Team. Netherworld Dwellers Team. Toad. Paratroopa/Toadette. Penelope McQueen.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 14, 2010, 09:03:19 AM »
Usually midscreen Magnum I don't do IAD combo on Len/W Len/Koha/Roa and Vsion. AFAIK it's impossible on the Len's. Roa, Koha and V Sion I dunno whats up because I've seen it done.
« Last Edit: January 24, 2010, 09:31:17 PM by Lord Knight »

Offline MissedFRC

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
  • Terror Alert OCTORINE
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 16, 2010, 02:00:46 PM »
You need to delay between 2C and 5A so that Kohaku slides closer to the opponent. That's how I get it, at least.
<Saya> fuck all of you
* Saya (~chatzilla@24.104.140.198) has left #mbaa

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2010, 10:39:34 PM »
Some good developments in the first post!

Offline True_Tech

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • blue gunner or bluest gunner !?
    • View Profile
Re: KohakuH Thread (AKA Combo movie thread)
« Reply #9 on: February 15, 2010, 09:28:34 PM »
i'm having trouble doing qcf a feint 2a,2c and 5c feint 5c during enders. any advice?

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 15, 2010, 10:07:38 PM »
If you're doing 2[C] 236A 236BC 2A 2C then..

think of 236A236BC as one motion.
Do it extremely quickly (if you see a few frames of 236A you're doing it too slow), take care to tap A as quickly as you can, and hold on to C until you have to hit 2A.

Start to buffer this motion a bit before 2[C] hits.

Learn the timing of 2A after the feint. It's better habit (when practicing) to have 2A not come out at all and know that it's too early than to have it delayed and not even know.

EDIT: Some additional tips that I think are helpful are..
1) Buffer 236 before 2[C] hits
2) Hit A around when 2[C] hits
3) Learn where you're slow at.
« Last Edit: February 15, 2010, 10:23:50 PM by CT_Warrior »

Offline True_Tech

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2010, 12:07:38 AM »
k getting it more, i was trying to confirm the feint before the 2a which i guess was slowing me down, i just gotta always assume the feint is gonna come out (which it does most of the time)

NEW PROBLEM
I can not for the life of me get the midscreen command grab combo, cmd grab, 5(b) delay 5c(1), 2c, 5a whiff 6aa, i can never get the 6aa to hit. I've gotten it to hit once and it was during a match i got so hype i put my stick down. i have never gotten this to hit in training mode unless i was close to the corner. This is the only kohaku combo that has given me trouble like this even with the feint combo i could get it ocassionally.  whats good?

Offline rmfcouch

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2010, 12:55:56 AM »
k getting it more, i was trying to confirm the feint before the 2a which i guess was slowing me down, i just gotta always assume the feint is gonna come out (which it does most of the time)

NEW PROBLEM
I can not for the life of me get the midscreen command grab combo, cmd grab, 5(b) delay 5c(1), 2c, 5a whiff 6aa, i can never get the 6aa to hit. I've gotten it to hit once and it was during a match i got so hype i put my stick down. i have never gotten this to hit in training mode unless i was close to the corner. This is the only kohaku combo that has given me trouble like this even with the feint combo i could get it ocassionally.  whats good?

Against which specific character are you having trouble? If it's one of the people mentioned in the previous posts, prepare for loads of frustration because timing is awkward for them. (And since you're whiffing the 6AA, my guess is that it's Roa, Sion, or VSion.)

MissedFRC nailed my problem:
You need to delay between 2C and 5A so that Kohaku slides closer to the opponent. That's how I get it, at least.

That little gem allowed me to up my consistency on those three.

Also, thanks for reminding me, I forgot to +heat him for that advice.
H-Kohaku. Dorkas. Sub Zero. Aoi Umenokouji. Sophitia. A-Hinata. Ryu. Hokuto/Nanase. Yatterman-2. Jun the Swan. Niigi Gorgeous Blue. Mihee Kim. Tateha. Reco-M. Palm-A. Marisa-B. Reimu-A. Illusionary Border Team. Netherworld Dwellers Team. Toad. Paratroopa/Toadette. Penelope McQueen.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2010, 08:33:59 AM »
Yeah that helped me out too, now I hit that shit all the time  :toot:

There are a variety of different timings and delays that you can only learn by practicing it on the entire cast. Generally, you delay 5C a little bit after BE5B, and after 2C you do 5A 6AA with a little delay. On Nero/Wara you have to do 5C fast after BE5B, and on Roa/Sion/Vsion/Kohaku you have to delay 5A after 2C, but then do 6AA fast (so they don't fall).
« Last Edit: February 24, 2010, 04:47:01 PM by Lord Knight »

Offline True_Tech

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: March 06, 2010, 07:39:21 AM »
so i was practicing 2A 2B(1) 5C(1) 5A 6AA feint 5C 5A 236B~A 2A 5C 236B~A {5A 6A BE5B 5C(5) feint 5C(5) BE5B > bomb mixup} or {5A 5C 623A > Aerial} and i came across instead of 6aaa feint 5c, 5a, battou you could do 2a,2b,5c,6aaa, delay, 5a,5c ,battou, the damage seems pretty comparable, its much easier due to doing the 5a first.  why shouldn't I do this combo instead? damage seems around the same if not super close, no worries about fucking up a feint. This is a serious question btw i'm not trolling.

video of combo http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-KUe0l0AAA
« Last Edit: March 06, 2010, 08:59:21 PM by True_Tech »

Offline rmfcouch

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: March 06, 2010, 05:56:10 PM »
I happen to like going right into a corner loop off of that 6AA combo reset opportunity too, especially against lolis and awkward people like Aoko. (And anyone else against whom I might whiff BE2C.)

I wonder what the others have to say about it.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 06:39:03 PM »
Actually the starter I've been doing is xx 5a6aa feint 5c 2b(1) battou loop. It's been working pretty well for me. If that combo works for you and the damage is fine, then whatever, it works.

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 01, 2010, 10:13:15 PM »
New shit:

xx 2c 623{a} delay j[c] falling jb land rising jb sdj jb jc (optional airdash) airthrow
Kohaku-H has a relaunch! This is the optimal hitconfirm combo (outside of 2a starter). Useful for hitconfirming random ch on the ground.

5d step back 2c 5c 236a feint 2a 2c 623{a} slight delay j[c] falling jb land rising jb sdj jb dj jc (optional airdash) airthrow
Relaunch isn't needed, but adds damage. For those unconfident in battou shield counter combo, but want damage off it, you should try this.

2c 5a(whiffs) 6aa 623[a] j[c]b dj jbc airthrow
Random 2c, midscreen

2c 5a(hits) 6a 5b jbc dj jbc airthrow
Random 2c, midscreen, 5a connects

2c 5a(whiffs) 6aa BE236B roll dash 5a 5c > battou loop
Near corner. The closer you are, the easier it is.
« Last Edit: June 01, 2010, 10:16:56 PM by Lord Knight »

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 23, 2010, 04:23:13 PM »
Really going to use 2C instead of 2[C] in combos now :/

Offline Lolly

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • hurp
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 26, 2010, 05:08:40 AM »
Really going to use 2C instead of 2[C] in combos now :/

:V

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 31, 2010, 07:59:33 PM »
:/

more shit

2a 2b(1) 5c(1) 5a6aa > 5a 6a BE5B 5c(1) 236a feint > 5a 6a BE5B 2b(1) 5c(1) 236a feint > 5a6aa BE5B > A Bomb
Easier than going into B sword loop in the corner and works on the entire cast. On lolis you have to end with 2A5A6AA BE5B. This does more damage than going into B sword loop > A Bomb mixup, but if you want airthrow ender, go into B sword loop.

5c 2c 2b(1) 5b jBC > EX shooting star > dj jBC airthrow
Far confirm. Universally doing jBC > EX shooting star > dj jBC will make life much easier. There have been times where I've done this confirm, and been too far for dj jBC so I had to do dj j{C}.

Some Magnum varients (some of these are in the vids but I'll post here anyway)

Magnum > 5A whiff > BE5B > delay 2AA > B Sword > A followup > ....
Used to get 3 rep loop on Aoko/Tohno/Nanaya

Magnum > 2A whiff > BE5B > 2B(1) > A Sword > B Sword > A followup > ....
Alternate 2 rep starter. 2B(1) really adds gravity to the combo, making this version overall easier. However, the damage is slightly less than BE5B > 5C(1).

Magnum > 5A whiff > 6A whiff > 6A > 2Awhiff > BE5B > 5C(1) > 2C > 623A > BEj.C > jB > dj > jBC > Airthrow
Alternate midscreen Magnum. Works on Akiha, Tohno, Nanaya, Aoko, maybe Vakiha. Dunno who else offhand.

An alternate shield counter combo for you:

5D > Walk back > 2C > 5C > A sword > feint > 2A > 2C > 623A > BE jC> jB > dj > jB > jC > airthrow
Easier than doing battou combo midscreen, harder than just going for some easy combo, this does about 3.5-3.7K

Offline Dogysamich

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Designated Hype Man!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 16, 2010, 03:30:47 PM »
Yo. I'm over here working on just the standard, plain ass command throw bnb.

63214C 2A(whiff) 5 *delay* 5C(1 hit) 2C 5A(whiff)*delay*6AA IAD j.C *rejump* j.BC dj.BC airthrow this one.

And I'm trying to figure out what I need to change in the delays to make it work on other characters. I can get it to work on Tohno, but I can't get it to work on V-Sion (specifically, I can't get the 6AA to hit to lift her up). Can I get a lil' help?

Kohaku/Hisui Player | Fighting Game Commentator/Player

Follow me on twitter for random updates! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: August 16, 2010, 08:46:03 PM »
On Vshi do 2C > delay 5A > mash really hard 6AA and you should get it.

Offline Dogysamich

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Designated Hype Man!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 17, 2010, 12:12:49 PM »
-tries-
... oooooooooh. Thank you!

So am I to assume that the the AAA string is what changes depending on the character?
Kohaku/Hisui Player | Fighting Game Commentator/Player

Follow me on twitter for random updates! https://twitter.com/Dogysamich

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 17, 2010, 08:56:42 PM »
The main varients on timing are:

Timing between Magnum > 2Awhiff > BE5B, BE5B > 5C and 2C > 5A6AA.

Chars like Miyako, Vshi/Shi, Magnum > 2awhiff > delay BE5B.

Roa, Vshi/Shi, Koha (and any of her teamed forms) require the delayed 2C.