When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Kouma Video Critique Thread  (Read 7214 times)

Offline SolarSkurge

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Kouma Video Critique Thread
« on: January 29, 2012, 02:59:03 PM »
I feel like we need one of these, even though not too many people play Kouma as far as I'm aware. Here's one of mine. I play Crescent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhQ_KDh-qcQ&feature=youtu.be

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
Re: Kouma Video Critique Thread
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2012, 11:43:03 PM »
i don't think either of you finished a combo in r1

i stopped watching after that
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 08:38:40 AM »
I don't get it. Nero did not HUUUUUAAAA. 5C on wake up. There was a really unsafe heat there. No real combo to speak of on either side. Nero seemed to think he's better than Kouma at point blank? Kept dashing in and using slow startup moves. Never really established zoo control. Nero never blocked on wake up ONCE. Kouma kept killing his own momentum. Also doing strange things like C moves (and even a 623 once!) from neutral at mid distance where Nero could punish but Kouma could never hit. A lot of pokes were left not followed through. Looks like you both need a few hours in training mode.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 08:47:16 AM by Sashi »
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline Rokunaya

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Keepin' it alive
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 08:43:44 AM »
HOAAAAAAAAAAAA
clmelty: great roku! lol / I like roku lol
clmelty: I want to make CL like roku team
clmelty: Roku is best popular player in the meltyworld

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2012, 08:52:44 AM »
Yeah you guys just need to get a handle on the basic gameplay of melty first. Try to learn some bnbs and learn how to move around in the game.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline dumba989

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Ambassador of the Secret Society
    • View Profile
    • Secret Society HQ
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2012, 12:46:36 PM »
I feel like we need one of these, even though not too many people play Kouma as far as I'm aware. Here's one of mine. I play Crescent. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MhQ_KDh-qcQ&feature=youtu.be

Ok so as everyone that's stated before, you and your friend need to just learn the game which can take a bit of time so don't kill yourselves over it, now on to the critique. From what I saw although whoever was Nero, they were actually doing what Nero does to Kouma, keeping him out even though it was nervousness, mashing, whatever. As Kouma, FIRST OFF, when you land a hit, make sure it leads to C-Kouma's gameplan because you were landing hits, but just didn't know what to properly do afterward. Second, BLOCK because Kouma in general cannot just bumrush in Nero so you have to wait for your opportunity to strike to get things going. That's all from me because there's much I could say but you two have to actually keep playing and against other players as well.
"I used to be a christian then I met anime.. now i practice witchcraft and dark magics."
-Anony on Sankaku

Offline SolarSkurge

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2012, 01:05:05 PM »
Thanks for all the opinions..and minor burns :( But I understand where you're all coming from. We've only been playing for about a week, so we're still getting the hang of it all. And I've spent literally almost 7 hours in labs with C-Kouma..It's kinda hard to learn when my crew are the only people within like, 500 miles that play this.
« Last Edit: January 30, 2012, 01:07:48 PM by SolarSkurge »

Offline Sashi

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • Scene Killer~
    • View Profile
Kouma Video Critique Thread
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2012, 02:34:51 PM »
I spent 7 hours with Catsuki day one. =[

Try watching some videos of high level play. It'll give you an idea of how you should be moving. Especially against a Nero, who can REALLY restrict your options. If at any point you're not sure what you should do, you should probably block. Get on IRC and get a few games going against random people over netplay and save those replays. Then you can replay it later and think about what you could have done to not get hit.
Clmelty: Rokumoe!

Offline SolarSkurge

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2012, 02:38:50 PM »
That's a pretty good idea. But anyway, this thread IS for everyone to receive critique, so we can stop talking about me because I know what I can do now. Just watched like 10 videos of Sena Airi.

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2012, 05:16:22 PM »
Against a nero on the ground who likes to predictibly spam 4.c just IAD at him and throw out a j.c. youll counter hit nothing (literally) and get a free combo on him.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline SolarSkurge

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2012, 05:52:35 PM »
Thanks for the tip.