When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Atlas Academy > Kouma Kishima

MBAA: Actress Again Kouma Discussion

(1/7) > >>

S-Blade:
This is a thread for us to discuss (i.e. speculate) Kouma in Actress Again until we get a console release or some other undetermined time (whatever).

First things first~~ When you talk about something, make sure to note what groove you're talking about! There are three grooves in MBAA (one of which none of us should use or talk about for very long), and all characters have move differences depending on which groove, so make sure to remember to state the groove! This will avoid a lot of potential confusion later.

For the record, if we (or I, rather) get a local/pc/console release, I will be writing another guide ;p MBAA looks like a big enough overhaul for everyone that it will be necessary.

I'll start us off with this and this, credit to kozu and Magikarp9:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ap5n15vxwE
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1KCn9JZxnQs

So far we've only seen Crescent Moon footage from these. Also, for the record, all of MBAA is faster so don't bother saying "so and so move seems a lot faster"

Here's what I noticed to seem the same:
5b
j.C
2c
Dash
Backdash
214b
22a
j.236a/b

And what's new! (at least in crescent moon):
5a
2a
Uppercut-move (2b or 5c?)
6c
Command air-dash
Axl Bomber-type move

The new 5a (overall nerf):
Goes a little farther for the price of not hitting high up directly above him anymore, which is a pretty critical and useful area to have a move, but he no longer has it and will probably have to use 22a to hit that area if he needs to (not good)

The new 2a (nerf):
He doesn't even extend his arm all the way anymore. :(

Uppercut move (I think this is 5c judging by where it was in the string and not 2b but i'm not sure):
If it replaces his 2b, meh. If it replaces his 5c, awesome. It's yet another move that moves him forward, and we love those. But if it replaces his 2b, it will probably make his AA worse overall. 2b was (is?) a good AA, this uppercut move doesn't look like it'd be as good.

6c (not sure but looks like a serious nerf to an already not so hot move):
This is the stomp and the V-shaped-fire move. It is slooooooooooooowwwwwwwwwww. That being said I think a Kouma combo would end up being something like 2c<uppercut move>6c. Pray that it doesn't rebeat. Otherwise, the V-fire reaches really high and that'd actually be a great way to control a lot of the space above him if you can pre-empt your opponent enough to not get CH'd on such a slow move, lol

Command air-dash:
It looks like 22b, but faster and in the air. He can do it after his regular dash which makes things sort of interesting. What he can do afterwards we aren't sure yet, and if it has clash/invincibility we aren't sure yet but if it does, expect to approach by tiger-kneeing this move. Seriously looks like it came from DBZ. lol.

Axl-Bomber-type move:
The downward fire kick. This looks AWESOME. Already we see two versions, one that pops Kouma back into the air after the hit, and one that continues him downward into the ground after the hit. I'd expect the EX version to groundbounce (aww yeah bomber loops lol) I'd imagine you can create some serious rushdown with this, imagine something like IAD j.C bomber still in air command dash bomber into ground groundstring ;p We could also be seeing some very interesting combos with the version that pops him back up, imagine launching your opponent and then TKing this move so that the opponent sort of falls into it, then Kouma pops back up and the opponent is hit upwards as well and then Kouma is still below his opponent so he can do the move again and loop like that ;p

This shit looks hot, guys. <3<3<3

Ultima66:
Well before you get onto his pokes getting weakened, it should be noted that everyone's pokes are weakened to my knowledge. They no longer want the whole game to be 2A. Like a lot of Kohaku's long range pokes are shorter range, Wara has no nails in some style, etc.

S-Blade:
Tons of new shit guys!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4xdQ9Ek934w

I'll list the new shit in order of appearance

Crescent Moon:
Kouma still has his 5b, so that uppercut move is probably 5c.
New rekkas. Second hit looks jump cancellable.
AIR COMBOS WTF
It looks like he has a new air normal in that air combo but it's hard to see and hard to tell
I don't know what to call this move anymore so I'll call it (EX) bomber unless someone has a better idea. Yay knockdown

Full Moon:
OMG ANTI AIR GRAB. No one will ever jump out again. It doesn't look like you can get oki off this, though, the knockdown time is too short.
OMG EX ANTI AIR GRAB. SUP SACCHIN. Definitely no oki off this, but where does it grab people? We don't know, the area could be large or small.

That's all I got for you, but it's definitely a lot. I can't even begin to think of how different things are going to be. Like....air combos?!?! :V
Anyway I hope Kouma stays a grappler and I can't say much about crescent moon but full moon looks like it's going to be even MORE of a grappler than Kouma is now.

Nevan:
True m8, AA brings new wicked shit to our dear Kouma-sama ;D I'l liking these new improvements, lets see how they will improve BnB and OKI ^^ Btw...is it me or Kouma's harder to play with in AA? O.o

noradseven:
man the new kouma looks crazy, I was watching all the MBAA vids, and I almost fell out of my chair when I saw kouma do an air combo I was like WTF, man looks like im going to have to try all the characters again in MBAA to see who will be my new main.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version