hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: VSion vs. turtler Nero. Discuss.  (Read 4425 times)

Offline InspectorC

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • That's right. EFG has invaded MB.
    • View Profile
VSion vs. turtler Nero. Discuss.
« on: January 23, 2008, 07:48:49 AM »
Title says it all.  VSion is arguably my best character so far (though that's not saying much, sadly), and I can beat my little brother with just about everyone he uses...

...Except Nero.  My brother is notorious for picking turtling characters and abusing the hell out of them, and sadly, I cannot seem to find a way through this predicament.  (Never mind the fact that he FAILS with Warachia.)

He sits at full screen, spamming crows and what-you-may until I try a rushdown (since Akiha summon usually gets me crow-ed), at which point:
1) he uses j.C, a primary killer of my attacks (since it seems I can't reliably shield through it), or
2) a ground rush is met with 2a, 2b, etc.  out the wazoo.  Again, I can't reliably shield through all of these multi-hitters, and suffer for it.

The only reliable way to win is if I actually get him into the air (esp. in the corner), since he often techs right back into me and it makes j.C -> punishment that much easier.  The problem is landing a non-sucky hit to set that into motion.

I know the people who post in the VSion threads are advice gods, as I've visited here more than once.  So, I beseech you...teach me! :teach:  I am your willing pupil!  What do I need to do?
I'm Epic Fail Guy.

I'm about to ruin this thread.

Offline Tsukuyomi

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
  • [[= Caramelldansen =]]
    • View Profile
Re: VSion vs. turtler Nero. Discuss.
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2008, 12:45:08 PM »
1. Rush like hell
2. Rush like hell
3. If all else fails, rush like hell

Also, don't forget to use a couple Arc Summons and probably catch his "HOOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAA" with a couple of your j.c
What!?! No SIGGY!?! My graphic designing awesomeness can't be shown here... Wahh!!!

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2008, 02:28:26 PM »
Title says it all. "Blah Blah Blah Blah" What do I need to do?

you dont really need to Shield vs his multi attacks, you just need to EX shield for 1 hit and do a fast attack after (example is jC right after you do EX shield, or on the ground EX shield 5a or 5B score that counter hit and stuff) ex shield jC vs nero jC might just result in trade, which is decent imo...

VSion game play vs Nero:
0) always keep ur guard up even if ur gona rush in
1) get in as as much as you can.
2) use ur jumps and super jumps and stuff, change ur jump patterns.(you have 2 jumps and an airdash for a reason.. use it abuse it)
3) even though VSion is a Rushdown/mind fuck character, you dont really just rush in, you still have to keep ur guard up as you rush in and stuff..
4) if ur some what over nero, jA, somehwat coming doing jC
5) stay in his face anticiapte his jumps with counter measures aka (airthrow, jA-> Combo)
6) if ur at range disadvantage just approach carefully.

basically that about it, since he has better range then you, you just have to be a person who can rush in carefully... keep that gaurd up and fetch for opening

watch out for ground 4C, and other pokes, watch for his attack patterns, then strike...
 :prinny: :prinny: :prinny:
« Last Edit: January 23, 2008, 02:31:11 PM by Zaido »
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died

Offline InspectorC

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • That's right. EFG has invaded MB.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2008, 06:48:27 AM »
Ah, thanks very much.  Couple more questions for the sages here:

1) At what point, if any, would it be to my benefit to use the Kattos on Nero?
2) Is the divekick (j.2b) worth a lick against this guy?
3) I know VSion's Last Arc is a killer, but is it worth trying against this guy?  Activating would kill any meter for EX kattos and whatnot, plus it would leave me open for projectile buttrape.

And maybe I'm just not quick enough on the draw, but I've had issues with (EX shield his jC-> jC); sometimes it'll work and other times it won't.
I'm Epic Fail Guy.

I'm about to ruin this thread.

Offline Zaido

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 51
  • HISATSU - GIIIGAA!! DURIIIRU!! BUREEIIKAA!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2008, 12:31:14 PM »
Ah, thanks very much.  Couple more questions for the sages here:

1) At what point, if any, would it be to my benefit to use the Kattos on Nero?
2) Is the divekick (j.2b) worth a lick against this guy?
3) I know VSion's Last Arc is a killer, but is it worth trying against this guy?  Activating would kill any meter for EX kattos and whatnot, plus it would leave me open for projectile buttrape.

And maybe I'm just not quick enough on the draw, but I've had issues with (EX shield his jC-> jC); sometimes it'll work and other times it won't.

Divekick depends on what you gona do, usually you woudl want to do it low, but Nero 2a can snuff it , seem sliek that is the type of player your playign who will mash on that 2a, so i wouldn't really suggest too much

Only time you use Katto is in Combos..

NVR EVER TRY TO DO LAST ARC period.. you can activate to regain life and stuff but i mean just to activate and last arc? you just gona get anul probed by him if he is careful about you going for Last arc.
<@Sp00ky> basically ruu got on the stick and started having sex with heart
<@Sp00ky> and she did impossible shit
<@Sp00ky> and arturo died