hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arcueid advanced tips  (Read 3780 times)

Offline Dartz

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
Arcueid advanced tips
« on: August 04, 2009, 05:13:07 PM »
i was wondering if someone could give me some advanced tips about Arcueid, since all i know about her are some combos, it taken me a couple of months to learn them all, but i do understand that knowing how to make a combo is not enough at all, if you don´t know how to guard or how to break your enemy defence, the alt wallslam seems to be her most damaging combo but the timing is extremely strict, I could not learn it without a joystick for ps2, also i hear that someone said in another forum that she was not worthy enough to spend hours trying to learn her since she was not one of the top tier characters and was very hard to master, but i don´t agree with that tought because i see some videos of pro japanese players that are very good at her and don´t have much problems scoring wins regularly, that is all i hope someone could provide me with some tips since i consider myself a little more than a beginner since if i where to play against an advanced player i most likely lose: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Va1onUyarfg this one seems to be her most usefull combo since it regains meter very quickly if someone could provide me some tips i would be very pleased, that´s all and thanks. 

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
Re: Arcueid advanced tips
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2009, 11:27:43 AM »
I believe Chii's version of the strategy guide would answer your questions but I'll just tell you a few things.

1) Arc is very hard to win with consistently, not out of single wins. She requires alot of patience against most of the cast and alot of skill. She's overall an interesting character and is very simple in theory, just takes some knowledge beyond your character (which means you) to win.

2) Arc doesn't have many bullshit mixups and oki, but her rush/frame trap game is where she's the strongest. The corner is where she is the strongest and the most feared. Most of your midscreen combos will lead them to the corner anyway (if you know your 4b relaunch combos) and will be much easier to make your rush game count.

3) 5b (charged) and half charged 5b mixup is probably one of the best mixups she has. Since 5b (charged) is overhead, half charged makes it look like its coming, but it really isn't. Cancel this with 5a to make it a high/low mixup (mixing up between the 2a and the actual overhead)

I do have some more info but I'ma have to go through it some more. plz make your way to #meltyblood-active on irc.rizon.net. Lots of people like yourself are there and if you have caster, you can play matches against people and they will be pleased to help you.
« Last Edit: August 06, 2009, 11:19:41 AM by サイレント忍@SkyLair »
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!

Offline Tempered

• America is free to Satsuki
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 22
  • fullscreen j.[c] mixup
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2009, 12:11:01 PM »
bracketing annotation doesn't work for charged b moves on forums because it gives you bold modifier  :V . also #meltyblood-active is on rizon, not mizuumi.
During Loser's Finals at NECX:

<Crowd at Jiyuna about to Lose> Na na na naaaa, na na na naaaa, hey hey hey, Goodbyeeee~

Offline Dartz

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2009, 05:06:08 PM »
thanks for the tips サイレント忍@SkyLair i know that she is one of the hardest characters to use correctly, but she can be very dangerous if used by a skilled player, as i have seen in some videos from expert players, it´s true that she is the character who does more damage in the corner, her arc drive is one of the best ones too, well again thanks for the tips  サイレント忍@SkyLair, anything an skilled player can teach me is very useful.   

Offline HRGS|忍

• Niggaboo
  • Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 46
  • All of the Lights in the Sky Are Stars.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 06, 2009, 11:20:19 AM »
Made my fixes and forgot that active was on rizon instead of that puhpuh shit I go to everyday lol
Black people vs. underage looking bitches at Evo - 9-1.
Me: "Show me ya papers!"
Jaxx: "Bitch, you illegal as fuck."
...and never forget. OTG STDs.  Check Akiha's Tea Room for updates on the Donjon Network 2nd Phase live action radio show!