hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Arcueid basic strats  (Read 4598 times)

Offline furix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Mugilicious
    • View Profile
Arcueid basic strats
« on: February 24, 2007, 03:28:17 AM »
Just to give my support for this forum, I'll be posting some basics for Arcueid later, including combos and what not. Just reserving a little spot so I can come back later and post. (Too tired right now and I have to wake up early tomorrow for a tourny).

Offline Kix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Slayer and Galneryus
    • View Profile
Re: Arcueid basic strats
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2007, 08:48:22 PM »
I'll be eagerly anticipating it, because Arcueid gUd.

I have been experimenting with doing some stuff into the wall near instantly after blood heat activation- such as doing EXs into the Melty Blood super. I am doing pretty well, but they tend to get behind me after let's say... 40% away from wall... combo into 2C, C uppercut EX, catch, restart, Melty Blood. I don't know how useful it is, or if dmg correction is killing it. It would be highly situational anyway if it is good, but at least it looks cool.
"This port is going to be outdated faster than you can say "Dance Romanesque and unfinished Romancia" -Dizzynecro

Offline furix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 7
  • Mugilicious
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 02:49:13 AM »
sorry! I totally forgot about these forums. ;_;

But.. seems like arcueid has been covered already, so I am late for that. Unless anyone wants me to actually include some other stuff, I'll post my own shit later, or something.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 24, 2007, 02:36:09 PM »
I feel like contributing something so uh...

Arcueid's only move that has substantial invincibility frames seems to be 236C EX (if I'm wrong feel free to correct me)

You can use it to get out of some pressure strings and such.  The only problems are that 1) though the invincibility activates extremely fast the actual attack does not hit instantly by any means 2) it is very unsafe when blocked.  Even with those problems it's still good for getting out of some tight spots sometimes.  Just pick your spot well and I think it will be beneficial. 

imo this is her best "random" super move.  623C EX is much better for combos of course but I do think that 236C EX is the best one for stand alone use. 

lastly you can try this after being knocked down but it's not as good for this because 1) people tend to use quick recovery attacks for okizeme 2) this is somewhat of a predictable situation for you to try to use it

anyone else use her arc drive to punish fullscreen distance heat activations?  I think that may actually be worth doing
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 10:19:51 AM by Tiamat »