When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Warcueid infinite?  (Read 12729 times)

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
  • Talk to the cello, bitch.
    • View Profile
Warcueid infinite?
« on: December 22, 2007, 01:55:42 AM »
Looks like Warc pulls out what looks like an infinite on Aoko in this. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HsXc9BgKFJg

Starts at around 3:58.

I can't figure out for the life of me how to do this. It looks like he keeps SJ'ing into j.b, but I'm seeing three hits of j.b in it, so I'm thinking there might be an air dash cancel in there.

Offline Tropsy

• Soul Hacker
  • Magic Circuits: 59
    • View Profile
Re: Warcueid infinite?
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2007, 09:40:34 AM »
Looks to me like [sj9 j.B (1) j.66 j.B land]xN, but I haven't actually tried it (as I'm certain I'm not up to the task execution-wise :P)

Offline ehrik

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 144
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 22, 2007, 11:10:13 AM »
Thats incredible. It sure looks like an infinite.
<Graven> When you are Ciel, don't try to win, don't even try to do anything. The more you do, the stupider and bigger faggot you become because you're using Ciel.
<WyvernLord> roku is faking his disappearance so melty bread can come out and try to convince him of his value to the community

Offline Kryojenix

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 5
  • Retired
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 22, 2007, 12:13:55 PM »
shit...now i need to go change my pants... :slowpoke:
y'all niggaz is gay

Offline Enhance

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 23, 2007, 03:03:06 AM »
that looks shooped  :V

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2007, 05:43:22 AM »

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2007, 01:53:49 PM »
It's simple an airdash that is being cancelled on the earlier frame by another jB.
So it's jb(1) airdash jb(2) on earliest possible frame.
Good luck doing this without a program controller.
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: December 23, 2007, 02:51:49 PM »
does...not...compute. Does it have a limit to how many reps you can go?
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Dieucra_Der

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: December 23, 2007, 04:01:54 PM »
That was very amazing O_o
She's a maneater, make you work hard make you spend hard, make you want all of her love, she's a maneater make you buy cars make you cut cards, wish you never ever met at her all

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2007, 04:15:24 PM »
no because then it would be considered a loop, not an infinite
thundering waterfalls

Offline KidPhantom

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • TT
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 23, 2007, 04:46:35 PM »
Wow... That does look like an infinite... Altho the creator did stop it to create continued interest in the video... But anyone try this yet to see if it really works?

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: December 23, 2007, 05:05:39 PM »
no because then it would be considered a loop, not an infinite

I'm not convinced this is an infinite =)
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 24, 2007, 01:14:17 AM »
It's simple an airdash that is being cancelled on the earlier frame by another jB.
So it's jb(1) airdash jb(2) on earliest possible frame.
Good luck doing this without a program controller.

Yeah, I guess with MBAC being on pc its probably very easy to setup a macro for some of these combos, the infinite's probably not realistic to do by hand at all.

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #13 on: December 24, 2007, 06:24:57 AM »
Eh well it's a known? fact that joo yuta (Meisuikikyou)'s MvC2 combos had some programmable controller nonsense.
There are programmable sticks actually for consoles.
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline Sledeau

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 25, 2007, 11:14:06 AM »
Yes?

Offline ShinShom

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 26, 2007, 05:26:13 AM »
I have a teory for that combo... it looks to me a simple programabble combo unfortunely impossible for human Hands.... I say teory cause I can't prove without an High quality video. anyway... here is the deal.

First, if any of u tryed to do it, figured out that the first j.B dont hit in Aoko like in the video(Nero and Warakia can Hit), why is that? THe Jump have a limiter or something like that to prevent instand air normal moves (don't know why exatly) but I think it works only for a few normals. a simple test to see that is just press up+B, the B simply will not come out in the jump. Knowing that u will see that the first move of the infinite's repetition would be impossible, however... there is a catch.

U can't do an instant j.B, but if u try with a double jump u will get it. I mean, j, up+B willl get a B.... but so what, the double jump will be too high....

I made some combos and studied some too in marvel vs capcom 2, and there was a term used a lot in combovideos and not much in matches, Instant Double Jump. Just as the name says just press jump twice the fastest way possible u can.

Still u will be too high, u can try as fast as possible to u.... it will be to high.... so... that where the programable pad enters. I don't know the cap, but if u supose u do a double jump in an a space of time of 4 frames (jump, 4 frames, jump) then u can program to do in 1 (jump, 1 frame, jump) Of course it's humanly impossible it (who know what a frame is, will understand) then u maybe can get the right heigh.

EDIT: 60 frames = 1 second

As u can see in the video, u don't get a "humanly" double jump but is pretty possible that this is a double Jump, just can't prove cause the video in youtube is in bad quality so can't see for sure... hope it all isn't that anoying =p...
« Last Edit: December 26, 2007, 07:24:04 AM by kashiwabashin »
Don't know what Shom is?Learn it NOW! XD

Offline KidPhantom

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • TT
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 06:41:50 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm a jerk.

But that grammar made it completely unreadable for me. ><

Offline ShinShom

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 26, 2007, 07:26:05 AM »
I'm sorry, I'm a jerk.

But that grammar made it completely unreadable for me. ><

I edited my post, trying to make any clearer....sorry if my english isn't that god =\... any questions just ask ok/? =)

Offline Neophos

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 08:32:39 AM »
To put it simply:

Normally, there's a height limit on aerials (or perhaps it's a time limit. It has the same effect in this case), which means the aerial can't come out on the first frame of the jump, which in turns leads to the aerial missing due to being too high up when you can finally use the aerial.

However, double jumping removes these limits, but comes with the fault that you'd have to have near frame-perfect timing to pull it off with a notable result (that being, double jumping while still being low enough to hit with the aerial).

Thus, the term "instant double jump" is made, and the name makes it rather obvious what it is - A double jump done as fast as possible after leaving the ground.

In frame data, I guess the notation would look roughly like this:

9, wait 4 frames, 9+B, wait until the first hit connects, 66+B (unless you have to wait a few frames after an airdash to use aerials), land, repeat.

I hope that's more understandable.

Offline Dipstick

• Poverty Emeritus
  • Melty Waffle
  • Magic Circuits: 61
  • cascade of unrepentant doom
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 09:27:17 AM »
There is no minimum height requirements on air normals (to start up, anyway -- but that's only an issue on the way down). Otherwise, stuff like Kohaku's instant overhead j.C on Satsuki would be impossible.

Also, if he was double jumping you would see the effect (it looks like they're jumping off of a small cloud) that accompanies the double jump in the video. However, you see no such thing in the video.
Worst Nanaya and second worst Ryougi player in the USA

それがわたしのスタンダード!

Offline magz

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 18
  • An Genuflecting Hero
    • View Profile
    • FrozenHeat
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 09:34:34 AM »
DIPSTICK IS A WELL OF KNOWLEDGE!
"Accent Core is perfection. It's like the concept of freedom captured into a videogame."

Offline ShinShom

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 27, 2007, 11:48:48 AM »
There is no minimum height requirements on air normals (to start up, anyway -- but that's only an issue on the way down). Otherwise, stuff like Kohaku's instant overhead j.C on Satsuki would be impossible.

Also, if he was double jumping you would see the effect (it looks like they're jumping off of a small cloud) that accompanies the double jump in the video. However, you see no such thing in the video.

From the poor quality of the video u can't tell for sure cause the landing also makes an effect on the ground, so is a bit confuse with the poor quality of youtube.
]
and about the limit I told.. SOME moves r like that.... like tha j.C of Red Arcueid u can do an instant j.C normally.

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 27, 2007, 01:34:48 PM »
DIPSTICK IS A WELL OF KNOWLEDGE!
quoted for truth

To put it simply:

Normally, there's a height limit on aerials (or perhaps it's a time limit. It has the same effect in this case), which means the aerial can't come out on the first frame of the jump, which in turns leads to the aerial missing due to being too high up when you can finally use the aerial.

However, double jumping removes these limits, but comes with the fault that you'd have to have near frame-perfect timing to pull it off with a notable result (that being, double jumping while still being low enough to hit with the aerial).

Thus, the term "instant double jump" is made, and the name makes it rather obvious what it is - A double jump done as fast as possible after leaving the ground.

In frame data, I guess the notation would look roughly like this:

9, wait 4 frames, 9+B, wait until the first hit connects, 66+B (unless you have to wait a few frames after an airdash to use aerials), land, repeat.

I hope that's more understandable.
did you pull this out of your ass
thundering waterfalls

Offline Relunx

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 4
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2007, 02:23:06 PM »
WELL I actually tested this loop and I figured out what's happening:
Warc starts with a jump then B, and after she hit, she cancels it with an air dash, then B again, and now she's in the ground, and she starts again...
Message: You CAN cancel your air B attack it it's hit, but only if it's hit.

I tested it and worked thou its extremly hard about 100 of 1. I tryed on nero since he's the tallest chars in the game. But in my test is not 100% accurate, I can only did the first hit, then air dash cancel then B, but sadly the other 2 hits desn't connect in combo, althou when i tryed to continue my 2nd jump+B won't reach my opponent, cuz I knockbacked a little...

Dunno this helped you guys, but i think it explained it a little and now you can understand it better....

Relunx

Offline Neophos

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2008, 02:02:58 AM »
did you pull this out of your ass

I but tried to simplify what kashiwa said, since KidPhantom said he couldn't understand it.