When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Warcueid - now verB2 approved (partly)  (Read 16203 times)

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 9
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
Warcueid - now verB2 approved (partly)
« on: March 28, 2007, 05:40:07 AM »
work in progress

Strengths:

- OTG
- Air to Air
- Fast Pokes
- Good Specials
- j2C laugh

Weaknesses:

- No really good/safe normals with reach

BnBs:

1. Standard combo from lowpoke (remove 2A for punish-combo):
- 2A 5B 2B 2C 5C , jC jB(1hit) dash jB(1hit) jB(2hit) jC Throw

2. Overhead-midscreen (havent tried on all chars but works on shikis and arcueid/warc
- 5[ B ] 2C 5Ax2 236A aircombo
(on nekoarc/NAC do: 2B 2C 236A
(on ren/w.ren do:2C 5A 236A

3. Overhead-corner (works on chaos, tohno, arc)
- 5[ B ] 5C 236A 5B 236A aircombo3. AA-Shield 5A

5. OTG-combo (midscreen)
  2A 2A 2C 5C -> Katze (623A or B)
6. OTG-combo (corner)
    2B 5A 5A 5A 5A 5C 2C  (623C into loop if you want to)
7. OTG-combo (back close to corner)
    2C 5C Karst (623C), 5A -> jA jB (2hit), jB (2hit) jC, throw

8. Corner Circuit-spamm
    2A 5B 5A 2B 2C 5C , jB 2hits jC , 214C , land ,
    dash, 2B 5A 5A 5A 5A 5C 2C 623C
    -> 5C 623C loop or
    -> techpunish or
    -> OTG
   (described in detail below, soon)

Rundown of Normals

2A: An average 2A-attack, 5frames startup, 70% proration.
2B: The poke of choice imo. 7frames startup 75% proration.
      Even though the reach isn´t close to characters like Kohaku
      Warkia & Chaos it is really fast if it hits it gives you knockdown.
      From this knockdown it is easy to go in and to OTG on reaction.
      Definetly a WIN-normal.
5C: Not really to be used as a combostarter, but is certainly usable in some
      situations. Such as after a EX BLOODRING-pressure in the corner. EX BR
      and after that your opponent will probably want to jump out of the corner,
      by throwing the 5C out you will, with correct spacing of course, hit him as
      5C is airunblockable.
3C: Well it is kinda fun to know that it has superarmor from frame 6-22 and the hit
      has 20 frames startup.
jA: The airnormal to use if you are up close to your opponent. Mashable. Great move.
jB:  Really good airnormal. Dont spamm it do much cause you can get to predictable.
      Mix it up with bloodrings and your good to go.
j2C: Frame 1-12 = SuperArmor. Frame 2-9 Clash, ETC. It has some sick properties but
       is kind of a double-edged sword. Probably the best way of using it if you want to is
       to superjump forward and do j2C instantly. Sometimes it suprises your opponent and
       you will probably get the knockdownhit as well. Use with caution, but the laugh is
       really fucking awesome.  :toot:

Rundown of Specials

Blood-Rings (Alte Shule) (BR), 214A/B/C, both in air and on ground
  The bloodrings have two main functions, one of them is in pressurestrings and the other is for
  defensive spacing.
  1. Say you are to far away from your opponent to continue pressure you can do:
  214B, 214C -> 5C or 214C or whatever
  to effectively keep your opponent at bay for a little while longer. 214C does some really nice
  chipdamage so you can loop it in the corner if you want. If your opponent shields it, throw or
  do whatever, you have the advantage!
  2. The defensive BR. 214A after airbackdash is a really good projectile. Its pretty safe if you know
  the spacing (opponent beneth you). 214B is done higher up in the air and it keeps you in the air a
  little while longer. You can airdash after the recovery so 214B, airdash, jB ain´t to shabby. But
  its all about the spacing and where your opponent is so, you have to think for your self ppl!

Oh, and 214C has invisibility frame 1-9 and +11 on block.  :teach:

Nägel (Alte Nägel) (srk), 236A/B/C
  Ýou can say that 236A is safe if it actually gets out. You can´t be punished on block by any usual
  means, but the attack comes ut first the 11th frame so you use it mostly when your see your
  opponents jump-in coming. The nice thing about is though that you often get counterhit when you
  use this move, and if only one of the hits hit you can combo after (though its 50% prorate but hey!)
  236B is not that useful, its hellaslower than 236A... 30 frames or something like that.
  236C is basicly your standard wakeup-srk. Invinsibility on start, punishable if blocked. As the
  man responsable for the commentating @ SBO said: EX SHOOORYUUUUUU!!!. Oh, and they are all AIRUNBLOCKABLE!!

Teleport (Weisse Katze), 623A/B/C
  A-teleport. Invinsibility frame 5-24. EX-cancellable, do the madcrossup! (but keep it secret, keep it safe)
  B-teleport. Teleports you longer than A, not EX-cancellable.
  C-teleport (Karst Jäger), not really any invinsibility per se, but after the startup you teleport and
  hit the enemy and it will hit them even if they have an attack out sou you could say that it has
  invinsibility after startup, so you can for example grab Nanaya out of his mashing of the knives-move
  236A/B/C with it. -3 frameadvantage if blocked which is pretty good imo for being melty so its pretty
  hard to punish if blocked  ;D. Oh, and it is AIRUNBLOCKABLE!!

Warcueid 101:

- We cannot...
Okay, first and foremost I want to complain a bit. In the PS2-version Warc cannot doublejump and then dash, something that nullfies using BR as way to start an offense. If you've been watching VerB/B2-arcadevids you will se how Warc-players do 8, 8, 214B dash 214A, something we Warc-players dream of doing! But, since we have to wait for the PC-edition or go to the nearest arcade (which in my case is going to france or something)  for this chance lets just forget about trying to go japanese-style. Here is my 5cents:

- Airdash BR
First off, BR-usage. The big nono when it comes to BR-spamming is doing it after a ordinary jump, this is something very punishable cause your opponent has the momentum-advantage. How to fix this though, is you only do BR after a airbackdash or dash. You can either use the 4/6AB 214A-style (as me) or the 44 214A-style, but I know I had the problem with doing this correctly while I was jusing 44214A, so if you end up failing with the dashBR alot, try the AB-dash-version. When you got the executiondown it is important to always keep the BR-angle in mind. If your opponent is to close he/she can simply dash and thus get a freecombo. Use the AirdashBR as keepaway or in somecases you can use it to close in on the opponent. But it is not something that I recommend. Mostly a Forward-airdashBR ends up something like this:
1. trade, both get counterhit
2. your opponents hits you before the BR comes out
3. your opponent blocks and you get a not to got pressure-opportunity.
But of course this is all spacing-related issues. But you have to keep this in mind when you AirdashBR.
You can also use the 214A BR as a wakeup meaty in the corner after BNB. My execution when it comes to this is not to good though, but I try to do 84214214A. If someone has a better way of doing this, oh please do tell. I seldomly use this oki since my execution isn't good enough.

- Pressure (well kinda)
The ground BR are mostly used as the final attack in your blockstrings. The theory behind Warcs blockstrings is basicly 5B and whiffcancel it. Warcs 5B has a forwardmomentum and by whiffcancelling it with 5A you get a chance to either go in for the throw or continue the pressure. It is also good to do 2A 5B and after that 2B so they have to block low and you get +-0 frameadv. <- best choice
 For example:
(oki)
2A 5B 2B 5A (whiffs cause your opponent is crouching)
----> dash throw
----> IAD jB (some crossup opurtunities when you land, and is a high attack as well)
----> 2A/2B/5B randomstring 214A/B/C
----> the first 2A hits and you go into 2A 5B 5A 2B 2C 5C aircombo (do this combo since it the hitconfirm is easier) You can also do this if the 5A doesn't whiff.
The key to Warcs pressure is finding out when the 5Awhiffcancel misses your opponent. I'll save this for later.

- Chosing your combos
You basically have two combooptions with Warc. Ending with airthrow or ending with 214C. Both are good options but if find ending with 214C a better option sometimes vs characters with good riseupmoves. (ex, nanaya 623B236Ccancel). After the 214C-finnisher you can highjump 214A for a chance to go into pressure. Also if in the corner you can go into the OTG-Karstloop, which is nice. On the otherhand, her airthrow is really awesome as well. One can always bait DP's etc. but catching someones reversalbackdash is easier with the 214C finnisher. On the otherhand it is 100% circuit we are talking about here. Don't get me wrong, I mostly use the airthrow, but this is something one should at least know. :blah:

- IAD
IAD jB is the shit.  Its a decently fast overhead and allows you to go into pressure, as well as it dodges certain moves (nanaya 2c). Practice IAD'ing, it is very important. IAD jA is also good.

- Highjump j2C
This is your ume-move of choice. j2C is, as i explained earlier, a move that wins over _alot_ but is very easily punishable on block. It is also suprisingly fast, Warcs superjump 7frames and superarmor from frame 1 so... dont spamm it though, use with caution.

- Random info
* 623A after airthrow puts you on perfect HEAT-punish-distance and also messes with backdashes.
* 272C often wins over Nanayas 236A/B/C
* 7frame highjump
* Dont charge the 5[ B ] to much, learn the timing.
* 623C can grab people out of alot of there moves (ex nanaya 236A/B/C etc)
* 5[ B ], 5A(whiff) is nice (if they block 5[ b]

Well then, that wraps it up for today. I hope at least someone has any use or at least found this an interresting read. If my english is not to good from time to time, keep in mind that it isn´t my native tongue. Feel free to contribute with any info  :toot: :toot: :toot:

Vids with K.Neko: http://www.youtube.com/profile_videos?user=lainfp&page=2

/ Shinjin
« Last Edit: September 21, 2007, 04:50:11 AM by Shinjin »
ワルク:あはははは!!

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
Re: Warcueid (big update, 070423)
« Reply #1 on: July 22, 2007, 10:39:15 AM »
helpful stuff I'll be sure to try some of this out

random thing I don't think was mentioned: if blood ring hits on counterhit you can combo afterward whether they are in the air or on the ground

Edit:
seems that her B&B doesn't work so well on warachia?  seems like you have to make the second jB only one hit

2A2B2C5C jB(2hit)jC 9 jB(1hit)jC air throw

also uhhh...
after throw...be nice if you gave a rundown on that
seems like dash 2B into tech trap or do an otg combo is the mixup?

tiamat is a scrub at melty blood so he's just doing dash 2B tech trap or dash 2B 5B 623C otg combo after throw
« Last Edit: July 22, 2007, 08:05:59 PM by Tiamat »

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 25, 2007, 12:13:15 PM »
Well, after a groundthrow I at least try to mix it up. Like you said 2B techpunish is great, but problem is if they tech backwards you kinda have to dash and then do 2B, but if you do the dashinput to early you will miss them if the groundteched Forward. What I tend to do is buffer 6, wait to see the direction of their groundtech, then

6 if they tech backwards
- 6, (dash) 2B
- 6, (dash) throw

Nothing if they tech forward
- Throw them again!
- 2B

If you want to ThrowLoop them when they tech forward you have to be pretty fast so its not that safe, or highdmg, of an option, but its really fun to play mindgames with them :)  (record is 4 throws in a row, he groundteched differently each groundteck ^^)

And as for OTG, if you have your back to the corner can can always relaunch into Kärst (ex-623) and do an aircombo, but otherwise I would advice the basic OTG-string into either IAD or 623A/B.

-

Oh, and the B&B works on Warakia. I played a moneymatch in Melty vs a Warakia (and won *yay*) and the B&B worked out just fine. Just the jB faster after your jumpcancels.

Offline Tiamat

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 25, 2007, 06:48:17 PM »
alright it's just that you didn't really specify what to do after throws so I tried to figure it out myself haha

hmmm....

do you treat them the same for neutral tech and backward tech but not forward tech?

also are there any other moves you use to tech trap or do you only use 2B?

you are right about the B&B on warachia i just have to do it faster.  I need help ending combos with air 214C though i can't seem to get it to work  :mystery:

the 2B2C5C the 5C whiffs if you are too close against a lot of characters as you mentioned...maybe I'll make a list for self reference
never fails: chaos
« Last Edit: July 25, 2007, 07:16:46 PM by Tiamat »

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 5
    • View Profile
    • FUTAE NO KIWAMI AAAAAAAAAAH!!!
« Reply #4 on: July 30, 2007, 09:51:32 AM »
Someone needs to realize that Warc jB gets beat out by a lot of shit now.
Jump at people with jB and you WILL lose to whatever their best air normal/random ground normal is 3/4ths of the time.
Arc jC, ren jA, nero jC, mhisui jB, kouma 2B, nero 5B, satsuki 5a, satsuki jB, etc etc etc.
I throw iad jB in my strings all the time and it gets raped, I basically have to keep doing ground strings to make them keep thinking I'm going ground before I can even dare use iad jB in a string.
It hasn't been "good" level for ages, merely above average?
Honestly her air to air game felt very weaksauce whenever I played someone with a definite anti jB move, would have to resort to jAs and ring spam.

Thank God for verb2, having her double jump/dash mobility helps her previous air to air game a lot; you can use jB more as a zoning device in combination with rings, now that you're not committed to falling like a stone into dash unders after a ring.

Edit:
Also Warc's OTG options only really come after landing an air ex ring off her BnB, unless you're also talking about her throw.
She doesn't have something like say vakiha or Len where they have very very long otg strings.

As already stated 5B 5A and 2B 5A leave Warc at +/-0, so you can sort of "continue" after a chain ending in 5a (distance will push you out.)
Zar says 5C beats people who twitch after blockstrings also and that 2C!!! can be used as anti air.
Lego blockstring pieces!:
2a5b2b5a
2a2b5a
5b2b5a
2b5b5a
5b5a
2b5a
dash in throw (after a 5a)
5/[b/]2b5a
5b2b2c5a
5b2b2c214a
5b2b2c214b214c
Mix and match whatever and sometimes throw 5C out after you're pushed out too far or just dash back in.

Also FYI, warc's basic bnb never fails on anyone.
If it does you are doing it wrong. (like me!  there's plenty of footage of me doing it wrong out there)

Random different combo enders:
blahblah ground stuff -> jb (two hits) c, jb (one hit) 214a 214c
Alternate version of the dj straight into 214c ex ring ender.
Modified bnb with airdash:
jb air dash jb dj jbc air throw
« Last Edit: July 30, 2007, 10:23:07 AM by sibladeko »
"It's like Marvel with all Cables!"
-jwong on IaMP

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 30, 2007, 12:58:39 PM »
Yeah, I have noticed that jB isnt as godlike as I though it was. Nevertheless, i still think it is a good airmove. Not godlike as I apparently wrote in my FAQ  ;D

Also I have started using a different air-combo vs some:

jC jB(2hit) dash jB(1hit) jump jB(2hit) jC throw

At least it looks cooler than the old one  ;)

Im gonna wait about saying to much though, until I played some decent players. But yeah double-jump/airdash is supersweet.

Also landing the SBT-combo is pretty difficult imo. (*.* 2B 2C 623C, 5C 236A 5B 236A jB jC jB jC throw) I spent like 15-20mins and only landed it once!  :slowpoke:

And if you land a 2B you should always go for the combo, I didnt really point that out in my rant (hey, I was still learning!).

5C whiffs if your opponent (or at least a lot of characters at the range that you are most like to use it) is crouching, keep that in mind. I did that fail today like 3-4 times :V

-

P.S. I still cant understand how you US-Warc players manage to fail her b&b. Seriously.  :mystery:

-edit:

Oh, that air-combo is like the one you posted sibladeko, only with a jC in the beginning. Keep up the good work, there isnt enough cooperation going on between us Warc-players!

(oh well, time to sleep again. work work work)

Offline Shinjin

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • バカキャ~ン!
    • View Profile
Re: Warcueid
« Reply #6 on: July 31, 2007, 08:46:17 AM »
Double-post Woppdiidoo!

Anyways, here is the new b&b guys!

Standard combo from lowpoke:
- 2A 5B 2B 2C 5C , jC jB(1hit) dash jB(1hit) jB(2hit) jC Throw

Overhead-midscreen (havent tried on all chars but works on shikis and arcueid/warc
- 5[ B ] 2C 5Ax2 236A aircombo
(on nekoarc/NAC do: 2B 2C 236A
(on ren/w.ren do:2C 5A 236A

Overhead-corner (works on chaos, tohno, arc)
- 5[ B ] 5C 236A 5B 236A aircombo

Reason I waited with posting this is because I thought of making a vid of some kind but in the end, im the sharing and caring kind of guy  :-*

Have fun <3

« Last Edit: July 31, 2007, 08:54:15 AM by Shinjin »

Offline mir

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 6
    • View Profile
Re: Warcueid - now verB2 approved (partly)
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2007, 09:56:57 AM »
just rapidshare replays...
There's nothing to fear now.

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2007, 11:02:35 AM »
I actually prefer notation.
Unless it requires like multiple just frames or something like fall distance (Hi Arc!)
-jwong on IaMP

Offline ayadew

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2007, 01:31:56 AM »
Great guide, helped me some
But I can't get this to work (maybe I misunderstand)

"623A. EX-cancellable, do the madcrossup! (but keep it secret, keep it safe)"

623A, (for example) 623C (doing ex attack?), doesn't cancel the teleport at all :p
« Last Edit: October 24, 2007, 01:36:06 AM by ayadew »

Offline linalys

• Melty Muffin
  • Magic Circuits: 45
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: October 24, 2007, 09:42:31 AM »
There's a super cancel point, turn on status display to see it. 
<Xenozip> actually i think miyako was intuitive for linalys
<Xenozip> simple because his playstyle is.. well..
<Xenozip> linalys
<Xenozip> true chaotic

Offline ayadew

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2007, 03:01:23 AM »
Oh ok thanks

Offline i_mash

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: December 13, 2007, 10:16:49 PM »
i just started playing this game today and was wondering if you guys could help on how to connect her airthrow? it always whiff for me. the throw is a+d right?

Offline i_mash

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: December 13, 2007, 10:33:40 PM »
nevermind i just got it. i just had to delay it

time to practice iad some more

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: December 14, 2007, 06:26:56 AM »
Warc BnB: 2A 5B 2B [delay] 2C 5C jump cancel jC jB airdash jB (1 hit) jB jC airthrow. You can squeeze 5 hits of jB in there.
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2007, 04:57:20 PM »
Yup, the BnB is 5 hits of air b.
However, to us non-pros, that's practically a performance combo, especially to pull it off in a real match.

Offline sibladeko

• Melty Muffin
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 16, 2007, 05:16:42 PM »
Just a note, if you have no pre-existing reverse beat penalties, the ender of the advanced BnB (jC, jB(2), air dash jB(1), dj jB(2), jC air throw) will still do more damage than jB(2) jC jB(2) jC air throw if you can't fit in both hits of the last jB.
The last jB is basically one of the highest points of failure, because if you didn't jump cancel ASAP or 1 of 50 other factors the two hits of the jB will hit them too high for jC air throw to land.

Basically, keep trying the combo in game as practice!
Even if you sortta screw up the end you'll still do more damage...well fi you get at least that far.
If you can't like...land jC after 5C or some of the other common problems you'll still be losing damage.
-jwong on IaMP

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: April 16, 2008, 02:10:42 PM »
I'm having trouble ending her BNB with 214C. Seems like most of the time, the opponent techs out and evades the EX Blood Ring.

I usually go like, 2A 5B 2B 2C 5C jB jC jB 214C. Should I do the 214C earlier or is my air combo wrong? I have no problem ending with an air throw, going from jB jC jB jC air throw. But 214C just wont hit my opponents. On rare occasions, the opponent fails to tech and I hit them but is there a sure proof way to hit them with the 214C?

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: April 16, 2008, 05:39:33 PM »
5b-2b-2c-5c-Jb-jc-214c
The second set of jb and jc can't be done if you want to use 214c. With that said, 214c combos will not do as much damage as a normal air combo unless you do OTG strings, but some players do it anyways even if it's impossible to OTG after it for better positioning.

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: April 16, 2008, 11:27:50 PM »
Thanks. Well, gotta admit it sure looks cool to end with a 214C compared to air throw.

Offline Ultima66

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: April 17, 2008, 07:36:01 PM »
Is there a difference in damage between her j.2C ending a combo (successfully, not whiffing the groundslamming hit) and the throw? It seems like the j.2C does more than the throw, but the throw ends up making you land right next to them, so...

Offline asdfqwer

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: April 18, 2008, 04:58:08 AM »
The damage difference is there but insignificant as j2c's damage is affected more with correction value if you've been whiff canceling a lot. The difference in positioning is why most people tend to use the throw instead. The good thing about j2c is that it slams the opponent in the direction you perform to move in, as compared to the airthrow which puts you on the other side. Therefore, if you are near a corner but far enough to crossover when airthrown, j2c will give you better positioning, supposedly. J2c in a full air combo will finish the move at two jump height, and the opponent will actually be able to move faster than you. J2c in one jump height, however, will give no one the advantage, which is good enough for warc.

In short, when you really want your opponent to be in a corner use j2c finish only when you are near the corner but far enough to crossover when airthrown but cannot for some reason complete a full 2 jump air combo, AND do not have enough meter for 214c finish ending that is far, far superior.

To be even simpler, don't use j2c finish for air combos.

Edit: Actually... the opponent does not have an advantage even with two jump height. Even so, it's not better than the airthrow.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2008, 07:36:03 PM by kimjjo »

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 18, 2008, 05:04:29 AM »
But the infectious laugh during her j2C is the reason to use it. Lol

Offline sumbody

• Jr. Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: May 24, 2008, 07:15:30 AM »
Overhead-corner (works on chaos, tohno, arc)
- 5[ B ] 5C 236A 5B 236A aircombo

I have trouble doing this. I tried it on Akiha and after the first 236A, she techs out before my 5B can hit her. Am I doing something wrong? Like, are there specific delays while doing this combo?

Offline Ice Queen Lotus

• Career Advisor
  • Nrvnqsr Chaos
  • Magic Circuits: 213
  • you're sick, sick as all the secrets that you deny
    • View Profile
    • 神曲
« Reply #24 on: September 23, 2008, 07:39:17 AM »
j2C: Frame 1-12 = SuperArmor. Frame 2-9 Clash,

So Tom and I saw this happen last night and had a bit of a WTF moment. :psyduck: I started learning Red Arc at Denjin with Tom, and this was totally unexpected.
there's someone inside me that softly kills everyone around
they don't know they're dead to me 'cause intent never makes a sound