When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Akiha Sundae - Whiffed Cream たっぷり! (Advanced) [WIP]  (Read 13218 times)

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
Re: Akiha Sundae - Whiffed Cream たっぷり! (Advanced) [WIP]
« Reply #25 on: May 27, 2008, 03:18:17 AM »
Um, maybe its just me, but don't these seem sort of impractical? Is building meter their only purpose? Why not BnB combo/blockstring and be done with it? They're long, require changing for almost every character and I am not sure I have seen them used that much (I'm probably dead wrong; link me some match vids please). As an Akiha player, is it really important that I learn this? Is it worth the effort?

I know Melty Blood is a deep game, and that's what drew me to it, but really.

There's a lot of reasons to learn these.  Akiha is really meter intensive, as EX Flamepit is a really important part of her corner pressure game, and EX Flameribbons is just a good super in general, so generating meter is always a good thing.  Also, you might have noticed that there's a really annoying property of Akiha's airthrow that makes it so that the distance she lands after airthrowing an opponent is variable.  So sometimes if you do her normal air juggle with airthrow ender on an opponent in corner, she'll land so far away and won't be able to do a meaty on opponent's wakeup.  All of these combos use the 623b ender which does ensure she can do a meaty, or better yet, a TK EX Flamepit right after.

Finally, whenever Akiha wants to do a corner EX flamepit setup, she usually has to sacrifice damage to do so(removing 5[ b ]b combo or just plain comboing into 623b).  With these 2a whiff loops, she can do about the same amount of damage that she would have done had she gone for a normal combo, but end with an EX Flamepit setup on top of that.

Well, if you say so. But could you post some videos of this in a real match? I still can't get over how I must change it for nearly every character in the cast.  :-\
« Last Edit: May 27, 2008, 02:21:22 PM by Tech Romancer »
My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ergeniz

Mains: C-Akiha, Ries, Mech, Aoko, SAkiha, Red Arc
 Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline JeffM

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 27, 2008, 10:11:52 AM »
Well, if you say so. But could you post some videos of this in a real match? I still can't get over how I must change it for nearly character in the cast.  :-\

hmm... if you still weren't convinced by psylocke's beautiful post (flamepits suck and as someone playing against akiha with these whiff cancels i would blow my brains out :/) ~ you should read this

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 27, 2008, 10:14:22 AM »
Well, if you say so. But could you post some videos of this in a real match? I still can't get over how I must change it for nearly character in the cast.  :-\
just watch any of yukinose's ver.B matches. whether or not if you decide to learn these is up to you. the fact is, being able to infinitely reset into a guaranteed EX flame pit in the corner is awesome
thundering waterfalls

Offline Tech Romancer

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • fuck SFIV
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 27, 2008, 02:19:26 PM »

hmm... if you still weren't convinced by psylocke's beautiful post (flamepits suck and as someone playing against akiha with these whiff cancels i would blow my brains out :/) ~ you should read this

Well, yes, since I'm still learning the Melty Blood system I guess I would be considered a scrub. Although I don't appreciate the title when I'm actively researching and attempting to get better at the game. Thanks for the link, I guess.
My youtube account: http://www.youtube.com/user/Ergeniz

Mains: C-Akiha, Ries, Mech, Aoko, SAkiha, Red Arc
 Firm supporter of C-Moon

Offline dakanya

• Magus
  • Magic Circuits: 31
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 27, 2008, 10:05:29 AM »
2AA xx 2C loop vs. Hisui/Mech-Hisui
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ylZXMJL-JE0&feature=PlayList&p=72AEC22CC41381FC&index=21

removed the old video and re-uploaded it for quality
thundering waterfalls