When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: Re: Exploring the Whiff Cancel Combo  (Read 6479 times)

Offline TheGimper

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
Re: Exploring the Whiff Cancel Combo
« on: May 23, 2012, 12:09:19 PM »
Yeah, that sounds like a bara cancel. It was technically considered a glitch, which is why it was taken out.

Awww man, that sucks. Glitches is what makes fighting games so technical. Like when they made smash bros brawl ( what a joke ), they took out wave dashing and I don't think you can cancel anymore lol! The only thing they left in there was the fact that you can tech if you fell lmao! Glitches is not a game's flaw, but a game's gain when it comes to fighting. See, i can boost cancel combo all over the screen with every character in big bang beat, because it's infinite boosts, and the boost cancel restarts your combos all over again, kind of like mbac. But, it's cheap, because that isn't skill, it's one button lol. It's still fun though. The more frustrated I get at a game, the better I become, because I push myself. I don't believe in limitations. So yea, glitches helps. Can you imagine a fighting game with no techskill and whiff cancels, like the first mortal kombat ( lmao! ).

It depends on the glitch, some help the game and some don't. The devs decided that they didn't like bara canceling so they took it out. However, fuzzy guarding is still in, it seems to be universal for anime fighters.

Offline Numakie

• Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 19
  • Oh nooooz~~!
    • View Profile
~~Playing the wrong way... and somehow getting away with it.~~
<Pfhor>: no, I only have nightmares about your play numakie
<Pfhor>: because it makes no fucking sense
<Pfhor>: like WHY IS THIS HISUI DOING THESE THINGS

Offline f-wlen ice loop

• the troll that slays gods
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 91
  • i did it
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 26, 2012, 12:06:52 AM »
restoring for glory
<fubarduck> hey bell good shit beating kusoru in melty
<fubarduck> he was like "i lost to a long haired asian"
<fubarduck> aaaaaaaaa

Offline FireBearHero

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
  • Deep
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2012, 03:30:12 PM »
restoring for glory

why? the quotes are just misinformation and irrelevant stuff about other games :mystery: