hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: The Akiha Effect  (Read 19856 times)

Offline motoh

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 20
    • View Profile
Re: The Akiha Effect
« Reply #25 on: October 24, 2007, 11:35:06 PM »
Much sadness.  However, I refuse to change.  Bloodsucking rage-filled redhead ftw.

~M

Offline Tsaikotyk

• Apprentice
  • Magic Circuits: 0
  • Gotta love those redheads...
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 03, 2008, 09:31:31 AM »
I'm thinking of switching from V. Akiha to Akiha, just cause she takes damage like politicians take bribes. :mystery:
Main: V.Akiha
Alts: Aoko, Red Arcueid, Wallachia

The worst player on the least coast.

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 03, 2008, 10:26:21 AM »
Hey, it's only fair. V.Akiha has one of the highest (if not THE highest) damage multipliers in the game. Playing her is basically playing "kill fast or be killed". :P It's only balanced that she gets shafted in the defense department, when her offense is through the roof like it is.
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline tenkai#

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 3
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 03, 2008, 12:56:40 PM »
Hey, it's only fair. V.Akiha has one of the highest (if not THE highest) damage multipliers in the game. Playing her is basically playing "kill fast or be killed". :P It's only balanced that she gets shafted in the defense department, when her offense is through the roof like it is.
Playing a good Akiha player (Psylocke) is very different from playing a good VAkiha player (magz). Against a VAkiha player who knows what he's doing, it can be extremely intimidating. Her defense is terrible, but she makes up for it with her insane barrage of mixups and speed that it keeps you in lockdown. To play her, you aren't meant to get hit; you're meant to completely destroy your opponent. Giving her a defense modifier like Akiha would make her too broken.  ;D

Offline Dio

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 52
  • WROOOOOOOOOOOOONG
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: March 02, 2008, 03:45:11 AM »
I main Akiha. I rarely play anyone else, except for when I want to play something like Neco Arc Chaos for fun or Kouma to shake things up.

I played every character, and I won a lot more with her than with anyone else. I basically learned everything I know from just maining Akiha.

I already loved her from Tsukihime, but she's an appealing character to me for many reasons.

Dark genius that descended into the gambling apocalypse. What lies behind his eyes is endless jazz.

Offline ritchan

• Apprentice
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: March 19, 2008, 12:21:21 AM »
I play Akiha V. because I started out with her. Then I said 'hey, let me try the one with the translucent flametongues!' and I didn't quite like it. specifically she runs slow and I'm used to Akiha V. dashing in straight lines through the air. I do like Akiha's air possibilities though... Akiha V. falls like a rock.

I don't think Akiha V. does particularly much damage, though. I see Sions doing ~5000 damage and Red Arcueids doing more damage than Akiha V. can hope to make in the same number of hits.

Offline Benny1

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 16
  • Christmas Akiha just got sexier!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2008, 07:23:36 PM »
I play Akiha becuase... Akiha is my favorite character ever <3.

Akiha is pure love and everything she does is awesome <3.

She's fun to play as though, anyays, even if I do suck as her horrendously.
C-Wara main, H-Warc/F-Sion alt.

Offline Dragonthorn

• Spellcaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 27, 2008, 07:19:35 PM »
Haven't really considered maining Akiha until recently. Mains I've tried so far in the course of my play were Shiki, Nero, Kohaku, VSion, and Sion.

I guess I decided to switch to Akiha because I like her 'flow'. She has so many useable options (mid screen, corner, wallslam, flametongues, flamepits, TKs, etc). I also like the fact that she's somewhat of a scrubby character, but it takes a lot of execution to main her at high levels.

And then there's color 23 :)

Offline Sh1k1

• Vigilant Blue
  • Magus Candidate
  • Magic Circuits: 43
  • 「これが… モノを殺すと言うことだ…!」
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 28, 2008, 07:23:33 PM »
FGO Friend Code: 221252074

Offline Lord Knight

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 71
  • Without love, it is lost
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: August 02, 2008, 07:58:00 AM »
I don't think Akiha V. does particularly much damage, though. I see Sions doing ~5000 damage and Red Arcueids doing more damage than Akiha V. can hope to make in the same number of hits.

lrn2loopplz
Keep climbin', gotta get to the top

Offline noradseven

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 10
  • quick doctor what is the patients status?
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: August 03, 2008, 10:06:43 PM »

lrn2loopplz

on top of that when playing against a good akiha V. player this is what happens, match start, ohhh crap block block block block block, repeat for like 7 seconds (all the while you are losing circuit from flame pit), I think I can poke out now, ohh wait no I can't crap, 623B'ed, rinse and repeat.

Offline Tohno-san

• Jr. Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 1
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: June 14, 2009, 03:52:16 AM »
Who can't find a gal who can vaporize you with a look attractive?  ;D
(Answer; Shiki)
You're not smart. You're not a doctor. You're not a scientist. You're not even a full time employee. Where did your life go so wrong!?
--- GLaDOS