hentai
When's Melty on Steam?
ahaha that's no--wait, what?

Author Topic: A Guide to Hisui Lead  (Read 3263 times)

Offline CT_Warrior

• Spellcaster
  • Magic Circuits: 2
    • View Profile
A Guide to Hisui Lead
« on: July 10, 2008, 11:59:19 AM »
REMOVED MY SUPER SECRET TECHNIQUE.

I've been using HisuKoha for about 3 months now, so you can have some hope that I know what I'm talking about.

You don't have stuff-fu, you need to use other tools.

You have three options:
1) Chair
2) Obento
3) Approach

I throw out chairs instead of stuff-fu usually, they work well against some characters. You can tech to it, watch them clash the chair, then punish them while they're unable to do anything or at least get out. (character dependent). The chair also protects you from aerial attacks usually if you duck, then you can smack them while they clash and get a BnB on them. It also seriously messes up their combo or blockstring when they clash it.

The obento isn't really used too often outside of okizeme because your opponent can easily avoid it, and it has a long startup time, making it very risky.
They normally hesitate when you throw out a chair, so you could probably throw out a 22B and approach them.

The approach is.. just however you want to approach them. I find that nowadays, I'm just in complete rush-down mode, and I don't bother with chairs and obentos.

I find that the chair is underused because of stuff-fu, but it's time that somebody learn to use them to their max potential!

The differences between solo Hisui and Hisui lead.

Solo Hisui:
1) Stuff-fu and the zoning and mixup opportunities it brings.
2) Higher defense (approximately 6%)

Hisui lead:
1) Kohaku summon okizeme and chair replacements.
2) Lower defense.
3) Able to switch to Kohaku and all the uses of that.

The defense difference is extremely minor and you wouldn't notice it in a game. Maybe it might save you a few games, but not really.

KOHAKU SUMMONS!

214A)

Outside of okizeme:
Easiliy blockable/avoidable on reaction

Okizeme:
Lose frame advantage.

SCORE: FAIL, DON'T USE IT, EVER.

214C)

Outside of okizeme:
Good for zoning, don't throw out all the times you get a chance otherwise they'll rush you (like stuff-fu)
Has little (less than 214B) chance for counterhit if your opponent rushes too late.

Okizeme:
Better and safer than a standard meaty, but don't bother.

SCORE: BETTER THAN NOTHING.

214B)

Outside of okizeme:
Better than 214C for surrounding yourself. Has pretty good blast radius. It's sort of a luck thing to see how well this thing goes.

Okizeme:
Much better than obento in my opinion (corner AND midscreen)

214B Pros (against obento) (damage against kohaku)-

Punishes some/more EX reversals than obento.
More damage on tickthrow (2220 vs 975).
More damage on hit+combo and individual hit (1569 vs 540)
Works from throw in corner (obento flies offscreen, but still explodes randomly)
Doesn't have to be within proximity to explode
Can vary the explosion time a bit by varying when to summon Kohaku (not too useful, but allows for alternative setups)
Can catch backdash if Kohaku is positioned correctly. (character dependent)
Explosion can hide or distract and it's fairly big too.
There's a good period of time that Kohaku can be hit during and after the summon, if you two get combo'ed at the same time, you take a good amount less damage.
Opponent only has one chance to get out, and is punished harder if he tries to do so.
Can sometimes stop jumpout attempts, but not punish with the explosion.

Cons -
Is useless after the time it explodes (if they get out of obento, it's still there)
Kohaku position dependent (throwing them backward can help)
Less tickthrow opportunities (and less chances for your opponent to get out)
Mainstream setups all lose to heat.

Obentos in corners are really random and unreliable and can blow up when you don't want it to and cannot work well to your benefit other than a small damage explosion that you can't predict and combo from.

Midscreen 214B setups work 50% of the time, do more damage when they work, and are a lot safer because the explosion catches a lot of reversals and Kohaku can tank some damage.

Okizeme:
You only need two things. Throw setups, and meaty setups. That's it.

Throw, 214B:
Corner Throw Setups (universally beats blocking, parrying, shielding, attacking + reversals except grabs, and backdash in corners. Some characters harder to time against)
A) Low block, then throw ASAP. (1700-2700 damage beats low attacks, looks identical to MeatyA, delay the summon if you have trouble timing it)
B) Walk backward, walk forward to grab last moment to avoid heat or countergrabs (1700-2700 damage, beats heat and some grabs, though you should combo if they whiff a grab or heat)

Throw setups lose to jumpouts (the kohaku summon can bring them back down for some characters), EX/regular grabs, and teleports.

Throw, 214B:
Corner Meaty Setups (universally beats attacking, jumpouts, backdashes in corner)
A) 5B/2B 5[C] (partially-charged 3 hits) 6C jBC jCBB (4500-6000 damage and resetup, discourages shielding)
B) jC ad jC dj jBC airthrow (doesn't have to be a meaty, generally a safer "meaty" setup that allows a few mixups on block, but doesn't catch jumpouts)

Loses to reversals (they'll still probably get bombed, so you take less damage and stay in a neutral position, and Kohaku eats over half the damage of attacks like EX Hiero and dps), blocking (sorta, you're still in control), parry rolls like Kohaku's or Miyako's.

Alternative Setups (try to make one that covers the most options)
A) Heat. (Uh, yeah)
B) IAD/Jump and do whatever (anything to beat EX grabs)
C) Yes. (anything to beat teleports)

Loses to.. etc.

Throw, 214B:
Midscreen Throw Setups (universally beats blocking, parrying, shielding, attacking + reversals minus EX grabs, and has a chance to catch backdash witih molotov.)
A) Low block, throw at last moment. (1700-2700 damage beats low attacks)
B) Walk backward, dash forward to grab (1700-2700 damage, throw backwards if necessary, beats grabs and heat sometimes [character dependant, timing dependant])

It loses to everything I mentioned before and the new: backdashing, but it doesn't matter much. They can choose to jump and achieve the same results.
The kohaku summon random catches backdash depending on position.

Midscreen Meaty Setups (universally beats attacking, jumping, and backdash)
A) 5[C] (if they don't backdash)
A1) If Kohaku is positioned in a way that the opponent will be launched into the air from the molotov: 6C jBC jBC/jCBB
A2) If molotov will partially hit or not at all: EX Dust loop, or 2C 6C jC ad jB jACBB
A3) 5[C] (if they backdash) 6C jBC jBC/jCBB

If they block the 5C, EX dust can help keep them blocking to continue pressure.

Alternate Setups (corner alternative setups apply too)
A) 2A meaty, IAD jC (whiff/hit) 2B/grab (Easy to change setup into combo, adds mixups, loses backdash punishes)
B) Superjump, backdash, jC, j236C, combo. (not too hard to block, not good, just an example)
C) Heat Punish: Jump, jC ad jAB djCBB

And that's all you need to know about 214B.

MY OPINION:
Hisui's high and low are shit and very easy to block consistently compared to someone like Kohaku. That's why you need her tickthrows stronger. Kohaku summons make her tickthrows more powerful, especially in the corner. Stuff-fu helps you get in, and chair helps you be awesome. Stuff-fu is annoying to play against and use. For the type of player that I am, I'd do better with HisuKoha than Hisui solo.

Good luck and have fun!
« Last Edit: March 02, 2009, 05:31:54 PM by CT_Warrior »